cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay taking charge

Getting sick ad tired of ebay full control tactics!  Ebay was great when they were America's on-line garage sale and before they decided to try to become another Amazon.  I, for one, am not going for it.  For starters, Ebay is NOT getting access to my checking account!  And all the new rules, regulations, hidden fees, etc. are not appreciated.  Meanwhile, big bulk sellers who really don't belong on ebay get away with ripping buyers off right and left with hundreds of negative feed backs and nothing is done.  Us small guys have one problem and it's hammer time.  I will soon closing my account.  Fed up!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay taking charge

Go to your bank and open a separate checking account and dedicate it to Ebay.  One more thing, make sure your other checking account(s) or saving(s) accounts are not connected in anyway to your NEW dedicated eBay checking account!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay taking charge

good luck with whatever you do.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

Same here. I have been selling since 2009, but this is the last straw. I'm quitting eBay and NOT trusting them with any more of my information.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

Best of luck whatever you do.  But why not just go.  Why announce it to us, your fellow sellers?  What are supposed to do with the knowledge that you are leaving?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

And you had better get busy and end your 60+ listings then.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

WEBSTORE.COM is available - FREE listings and NO SALES FEES -

And I also agree - NO ONE is getting my checking account info, that's ridiculous -

and also very DANGEROUS!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

Ebay may rethink their 'policies' once sellers make a mass exit to sites like webstore.com!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

What site are you thinking of selling on?

webstore.com?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

I was considering Bonanza. Have you sold on webstore? How are their policies for sellers?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

Thanks so much for your concern.  I will leave ebay as soon as the new requirements become mandatory.  In the meantime, as someone who does not care what others are doing, why not just stop reading and posting on this forum?  I'm sure you gave many more important "satisfied seller" things to attend to.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

Go to your bank and open a separate checking account and dedicate it to Ebay.  One more thing, make sure your other checking account(s) or saving(s) accounts are not connected in anyway to your NEW dedicated eBay checking account!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ebay taking charge

Yes, good solution to ebay having access to my bank account.  But there are many other issues of ebay continually taking more and more control of selling with more and more requirements and stupid prompts and adding OBO without my permission and favoring the big sellers who are just using ebay because they can't meet Amazon's strict guidelines, and not backing seller's no matter how stupid and unfounded the complaint, and on and on.  Hats off to all the people with MBAs who no doubt are now running ebay and despirately want to show how smart they are....thanks for ruining ebay!  You can also thank them when they start sending everyone 1099's to file with our Federal and state income tax returns.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply