cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay sent my refund -- money never showed up in bank account.

long story short, i had to cancel an order due to incorrect shipping address, my fault entirely, the seller did cancel my order successfully. ebay sent me a refund on march 28th and said the money would be available in 3-5 business days. the refund has still not appeared in my bank account as of today, april 6th. i do not want to file a chargeback and risk getting banned by ebay because i am a seller! 

any advice here? this is w/ bank of america. thanks!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: ebay sent my refund -- money never showed up in bank account.

I think the refund goes back to your method of payment (credit card can take a full billing cycle). 

I know the last shipping label I had to void took 22 days to show up on my credit card. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

You mention Bank Account and you mention Chargeback.

Is this refund suppose go to a Bank Account such as a checking account?  These usually happen fairly quickly.

If the refund was going back to a Charge Card it may take longer to appear in you account.

See if this page will help you get an answer.  

https://www.ebay.com/help/returns-refunds

If you get to the Chat Screen and enter Agent, you may be offered to talk to an agent or sometimes offered a phone call.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@pinkcherries wrote:

long story short, i had to cancel an order due to incorrect shipping address, my fault entirely, the seller did cancel my order successfully. ebay sent me a refund on march 28th and said the money would be available in 3-5 business days. the refund has still not appeared in my bank account as of today, april 6th. i do not want to file a chargeback and risk getting banned by ebay because i am a seller! 

If you used your credit card to fund the payment, the money wouldn't go to your bank account but would go to the c.c. account. Have you checked your account online? (Since you mention "chargeback," that implies that you used a c.c.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

sorry i meant dispute. i used a debit card. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

checking account for a debit card.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

it was a debit card for a checking account. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Money will return on debit card account...not credit card of same bank.  Business days...so Saturday and Sunday doesn't count. March 28th...probably will take a day or 2 from that 3-5 business days. Maybe after 9AM Monday it might show up.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

They say 3 to 5 days, but I think that's if you paid with Pay Pal and other payment sources might take a little longer.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

In most cases, the refund takes 3 to 5 business days to process. However, depending on the payment method the buyer used, it can take up to 30 days. It depends on your financial institution's processing time.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Hi @pinkcherries 

Refunds need to be processed TWICE.  

It is first processed by eBay, which usually is completed within 48 hours.

It then needs to be processed by the buyer’s payment source … and it can take 1 to 30 days to see it on buyer’s account, depending on the payment source.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

still nothing. it's 10pm on monday night, and i used a debit card! 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The last refund I received, it was almost 4 weeks before it showed up in my checking account.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Firstly, I'm sorry you are using Bank of America - they are one of top 3 worst institutions to bank with.

People like to differ between Debit & Credit. In terms of paypal or most merchant processing, that distinction doesn't matter for refunds. They are still processed through the payment card network & are subject to the issuing banks terms & regulations. Each one will be different.

In terms of a chargeback, you would end up waiting longer for the refund if you went that route, up to months, each again per issuing bank.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: