cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'YOUR CASE IS PLACED ON HOLD'

This is the first time in ages I've had to "ask ebay to step in" for a case. Has the process of asking ebay to step in changed?

Long story short, item was not as described, seller refused to accept a return  or refund or anything when case was opened, 4 days passed and I asked ebay to step in. Now ebay has written to me that they are giving the seller another 5 days to comply with the same options they were given originally and chose not comply with in 4 days...?

Really?? Is that how it works now? I thought if the seller ignored the case for 4 days and ebay was asked to step in that the seller was given a defect and the buyer was given a full refund? Where did this 5 extra days come from?

Slap me silly if I am ignorant on this, I thought the 4 days was it... did not realize it was a 9 day process...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: 'YOUR CASE IS PLACED ON HOLD'

@jonathankirkland 

It is not usually that long a process, however, if the Seller asks for an extension to reply (although I usually see it on an INR, not a SNAD), and the reason is compelling, e-Bay evidently will grant an extension to reply.  I am surprised to see it on a SNAD though.  

The only thing that I can think of is that the Seller reported your ID for abuse of the SNAD process and e-Bay is taking a look at the claim overall - have you had several recent issues with SNADs?  (Not at all indicating I think you are abusing this claim, just an stating that might be what the Seller "claims" and this is what you are dealing with and the extended timeline).

You can as a Buyer, report your Seller to e-Bay to review as well.  Typically that would be a violation or abuse or counterfeit, etc.  However, I am certain that you outlined in detail in your SNAD exactly what your issues are with this order and you have stated you want a return/refund, etc.  

It is frustrating as a Buyer to have to wait longer for the funds to be returned to you so that you can re-purchase and start this process over.  Never mind the lost time factor, etc.

I am really sorry about your buying experience.  Not all Sellers are created equal as you now well know.  Once this situation is resolved, do remember to leave Feedback for your seller (do not mention the claim as it can be removed for doing so) and be factual about your Buying Experience - which clearly did not meet your expectations.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have only seen this extension given to seller that is based overseas and explanation was to give them some additional time to arrange return postage as these sellers are not allowed to purchase a label from that country's postal service provider  like USPS.

In your case eBay may have noticed that there was a glitch and seller was not notified of case opening and gave an extension on the case to allow seller to respond.

My understanding of SNAD case is that seller is not given the choice and buyer decides whether to print and use the pre paid return label that eBay provides and charges go to seller's account when this label is used or buy's and pays for their own label with their selected postal service provider.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@jonathankirkland 

Any new update?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Any updates?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: