cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return

nastsa_86
Rising Star

Hello, 

I bought a massage chair from eBay  about a month ago and I cancelled my order about 5 to 10 mins later. 
However, the seller didn't accept my cancellation and shipped the item a day after cancellation and told me that I already shipped it. 
when I got the item, I didn't open the box and I wanted to return them it, but the seller didn't accept my return too. 
I am totally disappointed with this purchase and seller's unprofessional behaviour and I need eBay to help me resolve this issue. 

I need help how to return it in this case? Does eBay Money back guarantee work? 

Thanks,

Nastaran 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Return

Changing your mind is not covered by eBay.  You have to read the seller's return policy. Looks like they don't.

Buying here is not like buying from wally mart.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Why do you want to return it? If its because you changed your mind, thats a remorse return, and the seller does not have to accept it, and the money back guarantee doesnt cover remorse returns.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

If the seller does not take returns than I'm afraid the chair is yours. EBay's Money-Back Guarantee does not apply to returns where the buyer changed their mind.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

This isn't wallyworld.  Once you buy something, most of the time, it's yours.

First you didn't read the sellers terms.  Now you're blaming the seller and ebay for your own shortcomings.  

I'm highly disappointed in the "buyers" that come here lately.  

Resell it yourself.  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

the MBG works just fine as long as you use it

it woud have qualified if you chose another reason

2 points for not abusing it.there are a few sneaky ways around this but thats another story about return abuse

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@nastsa_86 wrote:

I need help how to return it in this case? Does eBay Money back guarantee work? 

Yes, the Money Back Guarantee works great, when it's needed.

The MBG says that you'll receive the item you ordered or you'll get your money back.

It sounds like you received the item you ordered.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The seller should  have canceled the sale, could have saved a lot of trouble for both parties. Once you click the buy button, you have entered into a contract to buy. While the seller is under no obligation to cancel the sale, but might be in their best interest if they do so.

In the future, think about what you are buying before hitting the buy button, not after.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hold on Unprofessional?  And you, you buy something and immediately want to cancel it.  How does that make you the good guy?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@redmodelt

Exactly, overeager Sellers are causing most problems. This buyer doesn't want the chair, that's it! Seller shipped it regardless. Happens everyday and it needs to stop

As a Seller, if you don't want to return, place it on the venue "Don't Accept Returns" 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"As a Seller, if you don't want to return, place it on the venue "Don't Accept Returns" "

Right..and that means the seller does not accept remorse returns..which is obviously what the op has indicated.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

A lot of e-commerce is automated. It's possible the order was automatically sent to a warehouse for fulfilment the minute the order was placed.

Now that you own the chair maybe you can sell it to someone else.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

If the item wasn't shipped, I don't see why the seller didn't cancel. I've done it quite a few times. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

You should have marked the item "RETURN TO SENDER" and not accepted it when delivered....tracking would show that the item was being returned to sender as not accepted.  Then you should have called ebay with the particulars.  Don't cancel orders after you pay for an item, that is my advice.  The seller incurs fees and other issues ones you pay and cancellation is not something sellers do easily after payment.  If you cancel before payment, the seller will easily be able to the order.  Sellers are not required to cancel orders.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

By refusing the delivery op would have lost all buyer protection..Ebay would not be able to help him at all.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: