cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return denied by Ebay and buyers gets C.Card company involoved

Request for return and it is fraudulent and ebay denies and these buyers have learned to contact their credit card companies and they are always awarded a total refund. WHY is eBay NOT involved to prove to these outside credit card companies about potential or known fraudulent returns that are costing sellers A LOT of money and yet we don't get our item back. There is so much fraud against sellers that are hurting us in the long run, that the credit card companies should be given all the evidence before just taking money out of our pockets? These scammers a good portion of the time are then listing the items they now kept for free as selling on their accounts? This has to be the most frustrating issue we are having and costing us so much money. Is there anything in the works for prevention of bad return requests that ebay denies and credit cards accept and we lose money and product? Can't eBay let the credit companies know that this is fraud, even by sharing notes and info from sellers disputing why. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Return denied by Ebay and buyers gets C.Card company involoved

12 years with paypal I did not get even one payment dispute

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@extremegamingcomputers wrote:

No it does not work that way you can get denied eBay's seller protection which happened to me in a similar case, they kept the computer and the money even there was a message that was sent to me stating blatantly you will receive your merchandise back after the refund was taken out of my account, eBay's response was sorry but we cannot make buyers return the item back to you. So seller protection is not something you can count on on cases where the buyer can lie and claim anything from item not as described, missing parts or pieces, they can lie and get away with it, so your best bet is what I told the one who opened this post : Read my reply to him and let me know what you think

I'm just telling you what the policy states quoted it and linked to it.  I'm aware they aren't following it which is why I said "technically" there is supposed to be seller protection in those cases.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@48hrs-clothing wrote:

eBay and or other platforms have no influence over credit card issuer/ company.

Only because they choose not to.

They of course could lean on the buyers filing chargebacks but we know they want buyers to stay even if they are stealing.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@48hrs-clothing wrote:

They of course could lean on the buyers filing chargebacks but we know they want buyers to stay even if they are stealing.

Seriously? Have eBay trample on the cardholders' credit card rights ... will eBay exist after that?

And PayPal at the beginning, just after Confinity, decreeing a $25 lifetime chargeback limit ... how did that work out? Or, aside, a $10,000 spending limit with credit cards, then add your bank account or goodbye?

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@ise710 wrote:

@monster-deals wrote:

@48hrs-clothing wrote:

Seriously? Have eBay trample on the cardholders' credit card rights

Who said that?

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@ise710 wrote:

@cjbball wrote:

WHY is eBay NOT involved to prove to these outside credit card companies about potential or known fraudulent returns that are costing sellers A LOT of money and yet we don't get our item back. 

If eBay fights every chargeback, the two companies that take credit cards for eBay -- Adyen and PayPal -- will start charging eBay more fees.

• So it's better for eBay to let the chargebacks through, and bill all the sellers instead.

eBay tried to help you by closing the case without refunding the buyer, but there's always the risk that the buyer might be able to one-two punch with a chargeback, which overrides eBay's decision.

• So eBay is counting on you to resolve it at your basement level, and accept the return.

This account recently tried to convince a buyer to open a credit card dispute on a remorse return.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

TO ALL SELLERS HARMED BY THE PAYMENT DISPUTE PROCESS WHERE YOU DON'T GET YOUR MERCHANDISE AND YOU DON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK PLEASE CONTACT ME : medhic1975   at    hotmail dot com, so we can discuss our problems and figure out a solution since eBay does not care about us then we need to take matters in our hand and protect ourselves, together we can move mountains.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

TO ALL SELLERS HARMED BY THE PAYMENT DISPUTE PROCESS WHERE YOU DON'T GET YOUR MERCHANDISE AND YOU DON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK PLEASE CONTACT ME : medhic1975   at    hotmail dot com, so we can discuss our problems and figure out a solution since eBay does not care about us then we need to take matters in our hand and protect ourselves, together we can move mountains.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

You guys are idiots. How about when the seller sells crap **bleep**? I received two non working computer boards. I returned them. Then the seller opened a case disputing my return. This is exactly why credit card companies side on buyers side. 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Hi,  I just became a victim (2x in one week) of this return scam and I was in complete shock.  eBay actually wrote that they approved the return, BECAUSE they were afraid that the buyer would escalate and go to their Credit Card and I would lose my merchandise.    After a bunch of research and reading these threads, I took down half of my listings - the first item I will surely lose, (after reading all of this), as it did go to the CC and the buyer did not even wait for eBay to make a decision.  

My question is, other than one sellers suggestion to immediately accept the return, is everyone continuing to sell on eBay?  Can you afford to lose merchandise, pay for shipping both ways and sell on this site?  Not sure if eBay keeps the fees yet...haven't gotten to that point yet.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Necro thread, but Ebay will not keep the fees if the seller responds to the case with a return label, and refund after return.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: