cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunding Shipping "Found Cheaper" Return

I recently became a - top rated plus seller. I have always shipped next day and had 30 day returns. I have gotten few returns over the years. If a buyer wants to return it does not really matter what the seller has to say.

So now I have some questions:

Buyer purchased two items several days apart; they were shipped separately next days. NO communications from buyer. Now on the 29th day of receipt of first item. Buyer “want to return found cheaper” - both items; Ebay automatically sends two return labels (okay with me). Am I required to refund buyer’s original paid shipping on these two sales?

I suspect buyer is sending both back in one box as only one label has been used. If both come back okay how should I close out the non returned item because label was not used?.

I suspect buyer who has been on Ebay since 2009 was looking for a discount. I am okay getting these back as prices for them have actually gone up and I will not have any loss. I also understand buyer should not be allowed to leave feedback (assuming paid shipping is not refunded and buyer is not happy)?

I rarely use the blocked Buyer list but I think I will.

I have search a bit for answers to these questions with no direct answers on the Ebay help pages. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Refunding Shipping "Found Cheaper" Return

As long as the original shipping wasn’t ‘free’ you don’t have to refund the original shipping cost.  Of course if they had used a ‘not as described’ reason for the return, you would have to refund in full.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@woodone wrote:

I suspect buyer is sending both back in one box as only one label has been used.

If both come back okay how should I close out the non returned item because label was not used?

I rarely use the blocked Buyer list but I think I will.

You can't, unfortunately.

The workaround is to refund. Then report the buyer.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I can't what? Put on BB list; can't close item return with another; or ?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: