cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Return

Hi all,

I’m a fairly new seller and would like some advice about a recent transaction. I sold my Xbox one with 6 games. The console worked flawlessly before packaging and shipping. I understand things happen during the shipping process and the buyer who received the item claims that UPS mishandled the package which lead to the Xbox no longer turning on and would like a refund. 

I would like nothing more for the buyer to have their refund as they are entitled to it. However, the buyer has been difficult with the process. I advised them to go to their purchase history, select return for a refund, which I approved, and bought the shipping label for them in order to send it back. Once I received the item the refund will be sent. 

The buyer has been adamant about receiving the refund and has been making excuses (for example, I cannot print the shipping label, just send the refund). They have not shown proof of any packaging damage (if there is any). 

How should I go about this? They are entitled to their refund, however I would also really like my item back before the refund is initiated. I’m trying to solve this matter peacefully. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Help with Return

Keep repeating please return for a refund. Them not being able to print the label is not your problem. They can go to the library or ask their friends if they have a printer.  I'd like to see them try getting a refund from Best Buy or Walmart and not have to return the XBOX.  Sounds like you have a scammer. There's probably nothing wrong with it but they want it free!  

What if you print a label and mail it to  them? 

For this I would contact eBay on Facebook and let them know the buyer is insisting on a refund and keeping the XBOX and how do you handle a buyer that does this?  You are entitled to get the item back before you refund. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Help with Return

Keep repeating please return for a refund. Them not being able to print the label is not your problem. They can go to the library or ask their friends if they have a printer.  I'd like to see them try getting a refund from Best Buy or Walmart and not have to return the XBOX.  Sounds like you have a scammer. There's probably nothing wrong with it but they want it free!  

What if you print a label and mail it to  them? 

For this I would contact eBay on Facebook and let them know the buyer is insisting on a refund and keeping the XBOX and how do you handle a buyer that does this?  You are entitled to get the item back before you refund. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Help with Return

Absolutely do not refund without your item back!  You appear a new seller which scammers target and are selling highly scammed items!  Odds are not in your favor you get back your original item, if any but I hope you do.  There's a good chance they are gaming away on it just hoping eventually enough excuses also get it for free!  Worst case scenario it needs a $20 power supply which btw, are not very easily damaged in shipping. More commonly you'd have a console no longer reading a disc....

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Help with Return

Hi!

thank you for taking the time to read and message me back! I unfortunately was thinking that this can be a potential scam so I’ve been adamant about the return. The buyer threatened to get eBay to step in but I don’t think I’m being unreasonable. I’ll reach out to eBay about my issue and go from there! Thank you so much again for your insight and reassurance. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Help with Return

Hey Jahood,

Thank you for taking the time to read and message me! I was thinking this can be a potential scam but I’ve been standing my ground. I understand that if I do receive the return the likelihood of me getting the original item is quite slim. I will be sure to be adamant about receiving the return!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Help with Return

I would not opt for the option of getting eBay involved if you mean with the automated case.  The buyer has no leg to stand on, if you sent a shipping label they cannot get out out of sending "something" back so I think they are just blowing smoke.  Usually getting eBay involved in the automated process leads to eBay giving a refund and you never get your item, if anything contact eBay on the phone and explain the situation, if you have sent the shipping label eBay will say to wait to see if they return it.  If the buyer contacts eBay they will be told to return the console or kick rocks, if you do nothing the return will eventually close out automatically when the buyer doesn't use the label.  Patience should pay off in this situation...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: