cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Return Label

I have a seller who sent me an email stating "Here is your return label" for an item that I requested a return on. However, there was no label included. So, I'd like eBay to step in but I cannot locate where the step in page is. The only instructions I found was: Locate the purchased item, go to 'return details'  and in the drop down box, click  'ask eBay to step in' However , there is no such drop down box.   So, where can I tell eBay to step in? Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Product Return Label

I am in the same boat right now. Opened 2 different returns with the same seller, received the emails saying "here is your label", yet the email just redirects me back to the return. I have contacted the seller with no answer. There is no option to ask ebay to step in, you just have to call them. I plan to call tomorrow, if they are no help, I will just file claims with my credit card. I made a post about this, not sure why some returns are flawless and others have this issue. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Looks like eBay has shut down help for buyers. Everything is for the seller. It Looks like eBay has washed it's hands on the whole buyer protection plan and I'm sure the sellers have gotten wind of that. I will file a dispute with my credit card company because the seller sent me a phony return label for a product I bought that's defective and eBay offers no step in procedure.  P.S. My shopping days with eBay ARE OVER!!!!!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@nsin710 @importparts123 

The seller may have chosen the option from their end that states, "label already sent", which at times is a outright lie.

If seller does not send a return label within 3 days and the "Ask eBay To Step In" option is not available, you will have to contact eBay and explain the situation.  The best route is a "message" thru the eBay for Business Facebook page. Identify yourself with your eBay User ID and phone number related to the account.  Explain that the seller has not provided a return label.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Under NO circumstances do you close the return before getting your refund, REGARDLESS of what the seller might tell you.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

did you call ebay like I suggested you do? What is phony about your return label?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: