cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with defective item bought and eBay no help

I bought a CD from a seller that apparently does not accept returns. It doesn't work correctly. Despite being advertised as NEW. I tried talking to the seller initially  about it but he ignored me. Until I left my feedback. Now he's hostile , saying I never asked for refund ( I sent 2 messages telling him about it) and he's saying that I am ABUSING the feedback and he  blocked me from communicating with him.

I thought you were supposed to get items as ADVERTISED. The guarantee eBay promises . Can I get some help?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Need help with defective item bought and eBay no help

Have you read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers?

You, the buyer, received an item that is not as described.  You do not have to contact the seller.  You do not have to negotiate with the seller.  You do have to open an item not as described case with eBay and you need to do it within 30 days of having received the defective item.

After you open the case, you wait 96 hours for a reply from the seller.  No reply or an unsatisfactory one?

Then you, the buyer, return to the case and ask eBay to step in.

If you, the buyer, are required to return the defective item to the seller, the seller is required to send you a prepaid return label, and to refund you in total when the item gets  back to him.  

How about reading the MBG so you will know how to handle this if it happens again?

And, BTW, the seller's "No Returns" claim has no meaning when a buyer receives an item that's not as described.  Imagine what would happen if a seller could say "No Returns" and buyers would be stuck with all kinds of trash that they spend their hard-earned money on.  

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@saint_dlee wrote:

he  blocked me from communicating with him.

I thought you were supposed to get items as ADVERTISED. The guarantee eBay promises . Can I get some help?

He most certainly did not "block you" since blocking messages is all but impossible.

Just open a return for not as described, you 100% will get all your money back without or without the sellers help.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I see no feedback left by you...unless eBay or the seller was able to have it removed.

Do "IND" and seller pays for postage.

And stop sending emails to seller.

"No returns" does not mean "no returns"  on eBay.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

He most certainly did not "block you" since blocking messages is all but impossible.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last thing I read on this, posted by an eBay "blue", was that per eBay policy change, now when "block" is used it  blocks communication even when there has been a recent transaction.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last thing I read on this, posted by an eBay "blue", was that per eBay policy change, now when "block" is used it  blocks communication even when there has been a recent transaction.

Color me skeptical.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Listen, if it were that easy I wouldn't be on here asking so apparently there is something keeping me from found the simple your answer, derisive as it is, does not help.  Instead of assuming everything that I haven't done and perhaps give a little benefit of the doubt that perhaps maybe things are not as set in concrete as you think. 

The option of "opening a case" is not available. Yes it's been plenty of time.  No, I cannot send messages to the seller for whatever reason. No, when I try to request a return the option to SEND is not there and the top of the screen says ' this seller died not accept returns ".  

So now what ? 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

You have no idea what you're talking about because I can't contact this seller. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

The option of "opening a case" is not available. 

@saint_dlee 

^^^ This part confuses me, as does your mention that you are looking for an option to "SEND". Let me expand...

It should be as simple as finding the item in your Purchase History and pressing the big, blue 'Return this item' button. When required, cite "Defective" as your reason for the request, then tick 'Confirm' and tick 'Submit'. There's no "SEND".

If you're seeing something different, tell me... it may have changed since my last Return forever ago. 🤔

Oh, and here's more than you'll want to read about eBay's MBG. >> eBay Money Back Guarantee policy

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

There is a thread about it somewhere and it has been confirmed by an ebay board rep. Sorry I don't have a link to the thread but apparently blocking a buyers immediately blocks all messages.  I don't think it was a good move since not wanting to deal with a buyer in the future doesn't mean the seller doesn't want to communicate with a buyer to solve the current problem.

If I remember correctly, a buyer blocked because of buyer requirements will only be blocked from messaging if you also have 'stop block buyers from messaging' checked off.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

It shouldn't matter if the seller accepts returns if the item is not as described.  Is the send grayed out?  You might be required to send a picture with the claim.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Not sure why you found my response "derisive".

Anyway, to expand on my post, you go to your My eBay, Purchase History.

Find the transaction in question.  

Click on "Return".

Click on "Not As Described".

Then wait 3 days.  On day #4, return to case and ask eBay to step in.

Please read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

You do not need to contact the seller.  You can follow the directions given by several responders.

The seller's "No Returns" stance means nothing in the face of eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@saint_dlee wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about 

That is unlikely

Message 15 of 16
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: