cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Back Guarantee/No Refund Policy on an Shirt that does not fit

I had a situation here just now where the NWT shirt that was labeled 6X that I got that does not fit. I bought it a size bigger to ensure that it fit and shirts this size fit me loosely. I wear shirts that range in size from 3xlt-6x(the largest size a moderately loose fit). A lot of smaller shirts provide the same fit(some I have already and one I just bought)... The seller had a no returns policy, but they agreed to take it back(if in NWT condition). It is. They apparently will not be accepting return shipping charges. The shirt cost me approx. $19(with shipping and tax), the seller has a glowing reputation, and I am in a situation where I was getting a bargain shirt that was NOT sized right! So, basically, I have to shell out more money(ON RETURN SHIPPING) just to get an $11 refund, when it was not even a 6X?! I have a 6X shirt to prove that. What should I know about Ebay's Money Back Guarantee as far as a shirt that does not fit? This is not a normal situation for me in 17 years shopping on EBay, because I love hassle free buying and am wise enough to check sellers' reviews thoroughly before buying! THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Money Back Guarantee/No Refund Policy on an Shirt that does not fit

@marsdaman 

If you chose Doesn't Fit as the reason to return, that's a remorse return and not covered by the MBG.

Unless the seller offers free returns, the buyer pays return shipping on remorse returns.

If you paid the original shipping, they can also deduct that from the refund.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

This is how it works...seller does not offer free returns and sent you a factory labeled 6x shirt.

They did nothing wrong.

I agree that not all manufacturers maintain a standard size to actual dimensions...it varies.

This is why if I know I like Beefy-T and wear a 2x, I'm good...

This is why if I know I like OP and wear a 3x, I'm good...

etc etc

The item IS as described.

Since they agreed to let you return it (nice of them), you must pay the return shipping.

If that rubs you the wrong way, next time:

1) Find a seller that offers free returns

or

2) Shop on Amazon and pay 2x as much for the same shirt.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The seller didn't have to offer a return at all if they have no returns.  Sizing can be all over the place I have clothes that are a size small and some that are large.  I have jeans that are a size 7 and some that are a 13.  Buying clothes online adds to the risk of not fitting.  The seller shouldn't be out the shipping money because you took that rims and it doesn't fit you 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@marsdaman 

If you chose Doesn't Fit as the reason to return, that's a remorse return and not covered by the MBG.

Unless the seller offers free returns, the buyer pays return shipping on remorse returns.

If you paid the original shipping, they can also deduct that from the refund.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

When selling and buying clothes, it helps to have garment measurements, as sizes are not standard.  If you are buying clothes, you can compare the garment measurements to a garment that you have that fits the way you like.  If a seller does not provide them, ask.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I understand and you covered both the MBG and no return policy. This may be hard to believe, but I only had one other such situation in 17 years on eBay--almost all of that as a buyer. It happened one other time previously, where a seller had a shirt that had to be a Chinese "citizen" shirt rather than an American "citizen" shirt that was made in China. It was made in China, labeled 5x, and 3 sizes too small. That seller didn't even bother to ask for the new shirt back and I was issued a full refund. Another thing is--I never had to think about shirt dimensions when buying a shirt, only buying in XL, XLT, and XB increments. And, every time except for the Chinese citizen shirt example, they fit and that Chinese thing was a freak example...  When that is your experience, you expect a refund with shipping when things don't go right and it's also not your fault--even if you have to return it. This has been a learning experience and an expensive one(lost about $16 on this one). I chose to return it, because I lost $3 less money and I get $11 towards a new shirt... I know now to 1. Look for free returns. 2. Look for shirt dimensions, if free returns are not offered. 3. I also should study up on the MBG. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@marsdaman wrote:

1. They apparently will not be accepting return shipping charges.

2. I have to shell out more money(ON RETURN SHIPPING) just to get an $11 refund, when it was not even a 6X?! I have a 6X shirt to prove that.

3. What should I know about Ebay's Money Back Guarantee as far as a shirt that does not fit?

1. Meaning they are going above and beyond for you

2. You don't have to do that, you can keep it.

3. Nothing

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: