cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to not use eBay's Return Labels on auto-approved returns

We have auto-approved returns turned on - And most of the time, eBay provides the return label when approving - But I'd prefer to have the option each time to send our own vs eBay automatically supplying theirs to the buyer. Is this possible? Or would I just have to turn off the auto-approved returns in our return preferences? eBay charges way more than necessary on returns 1+ lb. For example, someone returned a printer that we shipped for something like $35 and eBay's return label cost us at least $70.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@loothive wrote:

I'd prefer to have the option each time to send our own vs eBay automatically supplying theirs to the buyer. Is this possible? 

When you enable the RMA option in your return preferences @loothive returns are still auto-approved 

4adfihadushfuihadsiuhfuadshfa4.jpg

but the return is paused for 2 days, to allow you to issue the eBay return label, upload your own label, or just refund no return needed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not if you have 'free returns' 

Need to change 'buyer pays for returns' and then only 'Not As Described' will a prepaid label be given to the buyer. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Looking at your volume, you need to contact eBay and negotiate with them. I am sure, there would be an easy solution here for you on reduction and correction of prices. Rather than manually sending out return labels for each Return Request, talk to eBay. 

You are asking to get yourself involved with lots of work. Less you get yourself involved with a returning Buyer, better you're. If you do, there is more chances of getting neutral or negative feedbacks. Remember, returning Buyers are not in their most pleasant behavior

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@loothive wrote:

I'd prefer to have the option each time to send our own vs eBay automatically supplying theirs to the buyer. Is this possible? 

When you enable the RMA option in your return preferences @loothive returns are still auto-approved 

4adfihadushfuihadsiuhfuadshfa4.jpg

but the return is paused for 2 days, to allow you to issue the eBay return label, upload your own label, or just refund no return needed.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Nice! I am going to try that - Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: