cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, buyer is forcing to return a jacket?

I sold a jacket to a local buyer. But he’s not pleased because the jacket came out big on him I even provided inside out measurements in the description apparently he failed to follow up.  I also don’t accept returns at this time because of the on going pandemic situation. He also left me a negative feedback upon opening a return request. Long story short , I closed the case but he keeps persisting on returning it he even wants to drop it off at my house! What should I do?? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If case closed in your favor the negative feedback is removed.

I'd just ignore them

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Do nothing; tell the customer via message

1.) I gave measurements, you obviously did not look at them

2.) My listing clearly states 'no returns'

3.) Do NOT come to my house, if you do I will call the police for harassment. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If he specifically said doesn't fit/wrong size is why he requested to return it then that's  considered a remorse reason and you can decline the return.  

But here's a heads up-he can file a chargeback and he will win that and not have to return it.  Then he can resell it.  It's best to accept a return because you don't want that to happen. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You don't win a Credit Card Chargeback for 'it doesn't fit so I changed my mind'. It's either 'I don't recognize the charge' or 'did not receive' and when the tracking number shows the address it was delivered to, buyer will lose the Charge Back. 

Not all Charge Backs are automatic. I bought Plane Tickets. I had a major stroke and wound up in the hospital the day before take off, unconscious for 3 days (2 after take off). I did a charge back. They said 'tough beans' and I was out $800. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You have already done all you could. You sold a Jacket under policy of no return on eBay. Remember that and keep repeating it to him or anyone else contacting you

You have a no return policy, Buyer opened a request, by eBay rules; you had the right to refuse. All your sales are final unless your sales venue isn't correct or item is not as described, but this clearly is not the case here. Your sale stands clear under eBay's scrutiny 

Don't worry about what he wants or says, your sales venue is your contract. If you are not accepting returns and item is as described, even if C C Co sides with him, you could take the C C Co to your local Small Claims Court and win. Most courts are conducted by zoom and most probably you don't have to leave the house for this 

But it wouldn't get to that point once you explain to C C Co clearly that Buyer knew of your no return policy, your item was and is as described and Buyer tried and lost their opportunity of a return under eBay rules. Since your buyer is local , you are clearly covered under 'as is, where is' option

You're clear. Just take a screen-shot of your sales venue and save it for a year. eBay wouldn't give you access to old venues after 6 months.

eMail the images to yourself and save the file for later 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: