cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay refunded buyer for item they say wasn't delivered but tracking says it was.

Ebay is so f#@ked up. I was contacted by eBay with a "BUYER WANTS TO RETURN ITEM" dispute. I immediately contacted the buyer, as is recommended.  Next I went to check on the shipping status of the item and tracking says they were delivered at mailbox. After contacting the buyer I learned that they said the item was never delivered (why file a return claim for items you can't return then???) 

I contacted the buyer with a screen shot of the tracking page (items were delivered in good time). The dispute remained open.

I was contacted this morning that the buyer disputed the payment with their payment  vendor and was asked to provide ebay with proof of tracking which I did immediately. Then I open my next email, which was already there, with a note that the case was closed and learned that ebay refunded the money before even receiving my proof of tracking. There is no number to call ebay and ebay chat seems to be all automated. What is my recourse? This is not right. I did everything perfectly to the "T".

I forgot to mention that these 2 items were sold for a consignor so I am out $130 plus. Anyone have any idea how I can rectify this. EBAY SUCKS!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay refunded buyer for item they say wasn't delivered but tracking says it was.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy?id=4346

scroll to the bottom - have us call you

I think they open at 8.00am

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay refunded buyer for item they say wasn't delivered but tracking says it was.

Call Ebay. You will need to continuously scroll down to the bottom of each page to locate the right info, starting with "Help & Contact > Contact Us" at the bottom of this page. 

Cases like yours are why we ALWAYS use Signature Confirmation, even on under-$100 sales! 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/selling-practices-policy?id=4346

scroll to the bottom - have us call you

I think they open at 8.00am

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Very helpful. Thank you!!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks "citicertified", I did insure it but don't think that is helpful here. SigCon is just another expense and sometimes inconvenient for the buyer but I will consider in the future. Most users are honest so I never have to think about it. It's the bad apples that sour the selling experience.

I did as "downunder' suggested and I was called back almost immediately. 

Thanks to you both for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated.

Rory

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

p.s.- Click "Have us call you" at the bottom of this page:

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Had the exact same thing happen today! Buyer opened an item not received case so I messaged them and they wanted.me to send another one instead of a refund so I did. They never closed the return even after it says delivered. So I appealed it and LOST! Im so confused! How does someone win an item not received case when it clearly says, DELIVERED!! I hope you called ebay and got some sort of help! This is complete nonsense! Buyers are learning how to scam sellers and get away with it!! And ebay does nothing to stop it!! I hope you got yours taken care of and won because I'd like to think not everyone is getting screwed anymore!! Good luck!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I followed the directions suggest by a couple of members here and got a call back from support. Turned out not to be his dept and tried to transfer me but that depth wasn't open. Said I was to receive an email for a phone support time. Nothing yet. I'll keep you posted.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: