Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay and seller said part would fit - it doesn't

anasazirose_0-1705591431117.png

anasazirose_1-1705591487913.png

Ordered 12-26, arrived 1-3, garage appt 1-15,

I messaged the seller on 1-15

Hello. We took these parts to have them installed on our vehicle today. Even though ebay as well as the listing said they would both fit our vehicle, the front one was not the correct one for the vehicle. It is too small and the bolt holes did not line up. Please advise us how to handle the return. Amanda

Seller responded 1-15

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
Sorry to hear that. May I know the specific model and year of your car? or Vin number?
It would be helpful if you could send us some pictures to show this issue.
And then we will check it for you.
Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,
Lauren

My response 1-16

It's a 2012 Chevy Cruze eco

Seller response 1-16

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
So could send us some pictures to show this issue?
Then we will try our best to solve it for you.
Looking forward to your reply soon.
Regards,
Lauren

My response 1-16

What would you like a photo of? The mechanic shop left the old part on, there is no way to crawl under the car for a photo of the old part. Do you want a picture of the car? Do you want a picture of the part that doesn t fit?

Seller response 1-16

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
We would like to confirm with our supplier whether they made the wrong product regarding the pictures of the bolt holes did not line up or pictures that reflects this issue. Please rest assured that if the issue cannot be resolved in the end, we will provide you with a return label.
Regards,
Lauren

My response 1-17

What do you want a picture of?

Seller response 1-17

Hi anasazirose,
Thanks for your message.
We need the pictures of the bolt holes did not line up.
Could you send us?
Regards,
Lauren

So, that's where I'm at.  I will send pictures tonight when I can take pictures of the part.  The seller is very responsive.  I don't usually return anything and have only handled a few returns as a seller.  So I'm not sure I'm progressing correctly.  Should I start a return now or should I continue responding with the seller?  Even if I send photos, I'll still have to start a return unless they choose to send a correct part. If they do that, and the new part doesn't fit,  the time limit (is it 30 days?) will expire by the time we get a new appointment and I'll be not able to fall back on ebay's guarantee. 

I would also appreciate any other input from those experienced in how returns are supposed to work and how they've worked for you.  Thanks so much. Amanda

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Ebay and seller said part would fit - it doesn't

It doesn't say guaranteed fit on my order, however, under ebay guaranteed fit, it says I will see the 'doesn't fit' reason when the item is eligible for ebay guaranteed fit protection. I DO see 'doesn't fit' as an option.  SO, doesn't that mean it's covered and should be what I choose?

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

anasazirose_0-1705612731220.pnganasazirose_1-1705612842243.pnganasazirose_2-1705612877773.png

anasazirose_3-1705612920847.png

anasazirose_4-1705613053751.png

It doesn't say guaranteed fit on my order, however, under ebay guaranteed fit, it says I will see the 'doesn't fir' reason when the item is eligible for ebay guaranteed fit protection.  But you say 'doesn't fit' is a remorse decision.  I think I know that applies to clothing, but does it apply in this case? 

I am very frustrated, and I seem to be getting conflicting information.  Please forgive me asking again, but I just want some clarification. 

Hi devon@ebay - do you mind confirming some info here?

If the purchase qualified for Guaranteed Fit, @anasazirose would see that on the purchase history page or order details page - yes or no?

If the purchase qualified for Guaranteed Fit, when filing the return she would see the reason "doesn't fit my vehicle" not just "doesn't fit" - yes or no?

She did select her vehicle before purchase and get a "this item fits" message, but I don't see any Guaranteed Fits designation like I remember seeing on past screenshots from buyers of their order details. Her issue appears to not qualify for Guaranteed Fit based on past screenshots I've seen, and should therefore file a 'not as described' return instead of 'doesn't fit'. Is my assessment correct? Or did eBay change the display and her purchase does qualify for Guaranteed Fit?

Wait for Devon's response @anasazirose , however I believe you should be using "doesn't match description" because if your purchase qualified for Guaranteed Fit you would see a return reason "doesn't fit my vehicle" not just plain old "doesn't fit".

Here's a screenshot pulled from @valueaddedresource website of what you would see if the item qualified for Guaranteed Fit:

doesntfit1

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

It says 'doesn't fit', it does NOT say 'doesn't fit my vehicle'

anasazirose_5-1705614146543.png

This is what it says on the https://pages.ebay.com/motors/ebay-guaranteed-fit/#faqs page

anasazirose_6-1705614247322.png

Now, to me, 'doesn't fit' on a car part return means the same as 'doesn't fit my vehicle', but does it mean the same to ebay?

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

It doesn't say guaranteed fit on my order, however, under ebay guaranteed fit, it says I will see the 'doesn't fit' reason when the item is eligible for ebay guaranteed fit protection. I DO see 'doesn't fit' as an option.  SO, doesn't that mean it's covered and should be what I choose?

That's not what it says.

Why can’t I find the return reason “Doesn’t fit my vehicle”?
You will only see the reason “Doesn’t fit my vehicle” when the item you purchased is eligible for eBay Guaranteed Fit protection.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

It says 'doesn't fit', it does NOT say 'doesn't fit my vehicle'

Right and that's why I think this purchase does not qualify for Guaranteed Fit and asked an eBay rep to confirm.

It's why my first reply on this discussion asked if you saw a Guaranteed Fit designation because I'm trying to help you choose the most appropriate return reason. 🙂

Note: If you open a 'doesn't match description' return in the end, the system will likely require a photo of the issue to move forward. Since you can't get under the car, you can just take a pic of the part you received. I might throw in a ruler to show spacing.

GLORIOUS!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@anasazirose wrote:

That's not what it says.

Why can’t I find the return reason “Doesn’t fit my vehicle”?
You will only see the reason “Doesn’t fit my vehicle” when the item you purchased is eligible for eBay Guaranteed Fit protection.

WOW.  Thanks! I'm always SO glad when I come here for help!

This is from xadexane post above.

anasazirose_2-1705614752634.jpeg

Is his an old screenshot or a um, maybe not an authentic one?

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Good call @wastingtime101  - what you described above is still the process for Guaranteed Fit as far as I'm aware and I think you're right, this order likely didn't qualify, but hopefully Devon can confirm that.

Also, while we're here devon@ebay - this is a prime example of why eBay really needs to reconsider inserting the Guaranteed Fit video into every motors parts and accessories listing.

2024-01-18_16-02-58.jpg

As I've said before, it's very misleading and just asking for headaches and trouble for everyone involved to force this video into listings that don't actually qualify.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-Motors-ad-video-on-the-photos-part-of-my-listing/m-p/3382... 

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

Is his an old screenshot or a um, maybe not an authentic one?

See my post #12 above, I posted this link:

https://pages.ebay.com/motors/ebay-guaranteed-fit/#faqs

See the FAQ at the bottom? Expand it. The FAQ says "doesn't fit my vehicle" so it's likely  @xadexane is using an outdated screenshot, or perhaps an eBay page with wrong info. I don't know - that poster usually has good advice on the numerous IDs they use, but on several occasions I have seen them scrape outdated screenshots off the internet. 😉

GLORIOUS!

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@anasazirose wrote:

anasazirose_0-1705612731220.pnganasazirose_1-1705612842243.pnganasazirose_2-1705612877773.png

It doesn't say guaranteed fit on my order, however, under ebay guaranteed fit, it says I will see the 'doesn't fir' reason when the item is eligible for ebay guaranteed fit protection.  But you say 'doesn't fit' is a remorse decision.  I think I know that applies to clothing, but does it apply in this case? 

I am very frustrated, and I seem to be getting conflicting information.  Please forgive me asking again, but I just want some clarification. 

If the purchase qualified for Guaranteed Fit, @anasazirose would see that on the purchase history page or order details page - yes or no?

If the purchase qualified for Guaranteed Fit, when filing the return she would see the reason "doesn't fit my vehicle" not just "doesn't fit" - yes or no?

She did select her vehicle before purchase and get a "this item fits" message, but I don't see any Guaranteed Fits designation like I remember seeing on past screenshots from buyers of their order details. Her issue appears to not qualify for Guaranteed Fit based on past screenshots I've seen, and should therefore file a 'not as described' return instead of 'doesn't fit'. Is my assessment correct? Or did eBay change the display and her purchase does qualify for Guaranteed Fit?

Wait for Devon's response @anasazirose , however I believe you should be using "doesn't match description" because if your purchase qualified for Guaranteed Fit you would see a return reason "doesn't fit my vehicle" not just plain old "doesn't fit".

Here's a screenshot pulled from @valueaddedresource website of what you would see if the item qualified for Guaranteed Fit:

doesntfit1

Hey @wastingtime101! Let me get this over to our Motors team to get some more insight and I will let yourself and others know once I hear back!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@anasazirose wrote:

doesntfit1

Hey @wastingtime101! I did reach out on this and can confirm if the item and vehicle information entered in match up for the Guaranteed Fitment program that would be seen in the order details page at checkout. The buyer will see a green checkmark in Order details screen; we do not show green checkmarks in Purchase History screen.

And for the return flow would be the same. If the vehicle information and item match up for the Guaranteed Fitment program the buyer will see "Doesn't fit my vehicle" as an option in the return flow.

devonebay_1-1705693496200.pngdevonebay_2-1705693512723.png

Devon,
eBay
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose 

With the info provided by devon@ebay and the fact that you see 'Doesn't fit' but you don't see 'Doesn't fit my vehicle'... I'd choose 'Doesn't match photos/description' for your reason for this particular request. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Appreciate it devon@ebay . Wanted to make sure we hadn't missed anything and were steering the buyer in the right direction on this. The green checkmark and "this item fits" the buyer saw on the listing page had me questioning if Guaranteed Fit applied.

As suggested by Miss M, the most appropriate return reason for the item you purchased is "doesn't match description" @anasazirose . Because you said there is no green checkmark to indicate Guaranteed Fit on your Order Details page, and because it says "doesn't fit", not "doesn't fit my vehicle" on the return flow, these 2 signs indicate the item you purchased is not part of Guaranteed Fit.

You purchased the correct part but were sent something with misaligned bolt holes, so a SNAD is the way to go. You'll probably have to upload a photo to move forward with the return and you know the process from there. If you run into any other questions come back and let us know.

GLORIOUS!

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

So, my follow up.... After trying to be as reasonable as possible, and even though I didn't have to, I sent photos of the part that doesn't fit.  THIS was the reply

Thanks for your message.
Sorry, we have sold several items and have not received such feedback. If it doesn‘t fit your car, can I send you a return label to send it back? Also, if you insist on making a return request on eBay, please select the reason "Don‘t like the item" or "Change my mind" as we have set it up that if you select that reason, we will cover the return postage. We will provide you with the return Label.

Regards,

So after the back and forth, that was the response.  Why bother to ask for photos?  I thought they might just send a new part.  Now I think they were running the clock.  I did initiate a return on ebay using 'not as described', got a label.  I also did NOT see 'free returns' on their listing.  Another trick? 

Had to visit 4 Dollar Generals - 1st and 3rd no longer accept Fed Ex. 2nd had a bad 'reader' and couldn't scan the package, the 4th finally worked.  Good thing there were all on the way home ... I didn't realize I pass so many every day.  I got the refund, then had to figure out how to cancel the warranty I purchased.  Another nightmare.  Thanks everyone for your help.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

So, my follow up.... After trying to be as reasonable as possible, and even though I didn't have to, I sent photos of the part that doesn't fit.  THIS was the reply

Also, if you insist on making a return request on eBay, please select the reason "Don‘t like the item" or "Change my mind" as we have set it up that if you select that reason, we will cover the return postage.

I also did NOT see 'free returns' on their listing.  Another trick? 

Trick? No. Flat out lie? Yes.

GLORIOUS!

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@anasazirose wrote:

Had to visit 4 Dollar Generals - 1st and 3rd no longer accept Fed Ex. 2nd had a bad 'reader' and couldn't scan the package, the 4th finally worked.  Good thing there were all on the way home ... I didn't realize I pass so many every day. 

I got the refund, then had to figure out how to cancel the warranty I purchased.  Another nightmare.  Thanks everyone for your help. 

There are literally only 4 Dollar Generals along the 201, so it's bizarre the numpties were the first 3! So you got a FedEx return label from eBay, instead of the usual USPS Return Service label? Looks like eBay is switching to FedEx, to thwart the alteration of the return shipping address on the label for the fake tracking scam. The only trouble is there are more post offices than scanner-on-site FedEx locations.

rseuqinh_0-1707105327407.jpeg

And instead of calling the 877 warranty number then signing up for an account, I simply contacted Allsnake at the order details page for the warranty, said the item was returned, and they canceled that warranty.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: