cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't return fake sneakers that passed Ebay Authenticity guarantee

Sneakers I received, despite the Authenticity guarantee, are 100% fake. Photos attached in which the difference in the sole is clearly visible. The triangular section of the sole on the left sneaker is flat, unlike the right sneaker, where it is rough as it should be. The left sneaker, which is 100% fake hangs NFS Tag from Ebay, I did not disconnect it.     

I requested a return but the case was closed by Ebay because "items covered by Authenticity guarantee can’t be returned if the seller doesn’t accept returns". Ok. Then I filed an appeal on the grounds of "There's an error in authentication", but despite the obvious photo proofs provided, I received a response from Ebay - "After reviewing your appeal, we won't be able to change the outcome of the case, unfortunately.

We kept the original outcome because we determined that the original decision was correct."                               

So I have the fake sneakers with an Ebay Authenticity guarantee NFC tag on it and I can't do anything about it.    

pic_1.jpgpic_2.jpg

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

You don't think that possibly that was a manufacturing flaw?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

I would think both shoes would look fake...Just a manufacturing flaw from a 3rd world country where they were  probably made. Were they made in the USA?

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Did the Nike factory have the wrong mold for the outsole of the sneaker? Very unlikely. It's just that the guys who check sneakers should probably spend not 10 seconds on a pair, but at least 30 seconds.
I understand that there may be errors and so on and fake sneakers can be authenticated, I have no questions about this. I don't understand why Ebay takes a stand against the buyer and considers the decision of their sneaker inspection contractor to be the ultimate truth. Especially since my case is quite simple and obvious to anyone. But no. 

Under Ebay MBG, it says "sneakers inspected under Authenticity Guarantee are considered final sale and can not be returned".   

And yes, Ebay also removed my negative feedback on the seller because of course it is absolutely impossible for the buyer to receive a fake after Ebay Authenticity guarantee. Lol

So brilliant - it turns out there is simply no better place to sell fakes than through Ebay  Authenticity guarantee which can only really guarantee is that the buyer will be left with fake sneakers and no money, with zero return possibility. 

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

The original ones are made in China. Too expensive to make sneakers in the USA

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

It certainly looks like something that may happen during the manufacturing process. 

Anyways, why would anyone counterfeit only 1 shoe...? 

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

The problem is not only with the sole, it's just the most obvious. Also not the correct size stickers inside, the lack of a specific stamp inside the box, and so on.

And by the way - send one original sneaker and one fake is a common practice. You have 10 pairs of original sneakers, 10 pairs of fake ones. You mix them. When there is at least one real sneaker in the box, your chances of passing the authentication are doubled. And I’m sure to save time, only one sneaker out of two is checked at least somehow carefully

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

All of the texture on the one shoe looks slightly different if you look close enough.

Try the E-bay for business on FB. Sometimes they can be more helpful .

Best of luck.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

You don't think that possibly that was a manufacturing flaw?

It's a mold, so every sole would look like that. Not a manufacturing flaw, where it's a one-off.

But @ryndinalex the sole on the left looks bad. Are they both fake, and not a real paired with a fake?

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Those shoes are made the cheapest way possible.  You can expect they won't all be exact.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay is an all around fiasco.  Look at all this sh*t theyre in, tied up in politics and all that. STAY OUT OF PARLIAMENT, THEY DONT WANT YOU HERE! LOL or Taiwan 

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Perhaps both are fakes, maybe only the one with a flat triangle on the sole. Because the original must have a triangle with a texture, 100%

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@ryndinalex wrote:

The problem is not only with the sole, it's just the most obvious. Also not the correct size stickers inside, the lack of a specific stamp inside the box, and so on.

And by the way - send one original sneaker and one fake is a common practice. You have 10 pairs of original sneakers, 10 pairs of fake ones. You mix them. When there is at least one real sneaker in the box, your chances of passing the authentication are doubled. And I’m sure to save time, only one sneaker out of two is checked at least somehow carefully

Interesting...I had no idea. 

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Ebay says they're authentic?
Sell them on Ebay and recover your $$$!
And for heaven's sake leave the "Authentic" crap on them....
It doesn't matter what YOU think.
The "experts" have spoken!!!

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Oh no. Personally, I cannot deceive people and sell them fakes.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: