cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Executive Chat, Oct 10th @ 1pm PT - Sarah Brubacher

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community,

I am very excited to announce that we will be hosting an eBay Executive Chat on Tuesday, Oct 10th at 1 pm PT with Sarah Brubacher.

Sarah currently leads the Seller Evangelist & Community team and has held a variety of roles during her thirteen years at eBay.  She first joined eBay in 2004 as a global policy manager in Trust & Safety – and since then has held positions in Cross-Border Trade, Merchant Development, Global University Recruiting and has been Chief of Staff.

Please join this 'Ask Me Anything' hour-long chat session to get to know Sarah, ask questions and share your insights about selling on eBay.

Sarah is looking forward to answering your questions!

Chat with you then.

Sarah.png

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: eBay Executive Chat, Oct 10th @ 1pm PT - Sarah Brubacher

@sarahbru wrote:

@mg152 wrote:
You didn’t ask me but the biggest issues I see are low views & sales & fraudulent returns. IE: buyer returns a rock & not the iPhone seller shipped. My problems were low to no views & sales but I’m not selling right now. Just stating what we see in the community.

@mg152: Thanks for sharing here. When you get selling again (and I hope you do!), I would suggest checking out promotional tools such as promotions manager to help your items get more views. You can check them out on this Seller Center page.  (BTW, that was my first time creating a hyperlink and it was fun.) I hope you're feeling better soon! Sarah

Link went to "something went wrong" page. Did you mean this page:

http://www.eBay.com/PromotionsManager

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 46 of 85
latest reply

@txblue49 wrote:

I am still waiting to be rolled into the New Sale Event + Markdown. I understood the roll out was during Aug & Sept. It is Oct now and I only have the old Markdown version available to me.

How much longer do I have to wat for the new version? 😞 

@txblue49: Hmmm.  That is frustrating and definitely not the experience we want you to have. We are now escalating your issue to our contact on the Tools team to get an answer.  Will come back to you when we get that answer. Thanks for sharing this. Sarah

Message 47 of 85
latest reply

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:
Hi Sarah!!!

Nice seeing you here!!! 

I would love to know if eBay has any plans to revive the On Location meetings they used to have and if not , do they have any plans to get more events to get the community  together?

Hey @theshoppingmom2:  I'm not aware of plans to revive the regional OnLocation meetings....rather we are putting resources toward making eBay Open bigger / better for sellers. We're also looking into how we can better support local Meet Ups with content and maybe fly-ins from eBay staff. What are your thoughs on those?  Sarah

May I please weigh in with some thoughts about that? Speaking as a co-organizer and member of Dallas eBaybes & eMales (the 1st-ever eBay seller meetup group), we would love content from eBay as well as visits from eBay team members.

@ebetsy: Yay and terrific to hear.  In fact, I attended an eBaybes and eMales MeetUp years ago (circa 2006?).... So much fun. Sarah

Message 48 of 85
latest reply

I’m in the big city of Satsuma but we are moving to orange park as soon as we find our house. We are an hour from Jacksonville right now.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 49 of 85
latest reply

Other great stuff I'm seeing: Love the newest iterations of the Manage Orders and Active Listings pages in Seller Hub, and just updated to the new Purchase History page, which is EXCELLENT — especially the search function! 

What still needs work: Performance recommendations for non-catalog items.

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 50 of 85
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:
Hi Sarah!!!

Nice seeing you here!!! 

I would love to know if eBay has any plans to revive the On Location meetings they used to have and if not , do they have any plans to get more events to get the community  together?

Hey @theshoppingmom2:  I'm not aware of plans to revive the regional OnLocation meetings....rather we are putting resources toward making eBay Open bigger / better for sellers. We're also looking into how we can better support local Meet Ups with content and maybe fly-ins from eBay staff. What are your thoughs on those?  Sarah

@sarahbru I will love more support for the meetups.. I have one and my members will be thrilled to have  people from eBay chat with them... they always have so many questions and are so eager to learn, it puts a smile on my face to be able to help them....

and like Viv said when I was on stage with her at eBay Open... the post office is a great place to meet  eBay sellers.... I go there wearing my  eBay  "WeBay" shirt and my Converse ( eBay) and I approach people... so much fun!!!!

heart

Message 51 of 85
latest reply

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:
Hi Sarah!!!

Nice seeing you here!!! 

May I please weigh in with some thoughts about that? Speaking as a co-organizer and member of Dallas eBaybes & eMales (the 1st-ever eBay seller meetup group), we would love content from eBay as well as visits from eBay team members.

@ebetsy: Yay and terrific to hear.  In fact, I attended an eBaybes and eMales MeetUp years ago (circa 2006?).... So much fun. Sarah

And we loved having you there!

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 52 of 85
latest reply

Awesome Patty! It will be posted in both of my Florida meetup groups so go ahead and join them both or whichever is closer and YES everyone is invited!
https://www.meetup.com/Heart-of-Florida-eBay-Sellers-Group/
and https://www.meetup.com/eBay-Sellers-of-Central-Florida/
Message 53 of 85
latest reply

@danna wrote:
oooh I am loving that "Fly-In" idea! I'm organizing a meetup Treasure Hunt in Mount Dora Florida on Sat. Nov. 17th for the Antique Market show. It would be awesome if you could "fly" in for it or send a team! I'll send info when I have it posted in our meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Heart-of-Florida-eBay-Sellers-Group/

@danna: Please do send the info along..... Nov 17th is close to Black Friday (a busy time around here) but we'll see what we can do! 🙂 Sarah

Message 54 of 85
latest reply

Patricia thats near my cousin... far from me 😞

eBetsy, yes the performance recommendations need a little work but overall the hub is  very nice

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 55 of 85
latest reply

One more thing quickly.
I’ve recently lost a great deal of my eyesight. No more driving. With eBay, I can still earn a little money anytime I want to & I don’t have to leave home.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 56 of 85
latest reply

@sarahbru wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:
Hi Sarah!!!

Nice seeing you here!!! 

@sarahbru I will love more support for the meetups.. I have one and my members will be thrilled to have  people from eBay chat with them... they always have so many questions and are so eager to learn, it puts a smile on my face to be able to help them....

and like Viv said when I was on stage with her at eBay Open... the post office is a great place to meet  eBay sellers.... I go there wearing my  eBay  "WeBay" shirt and my Converse ( eBay) and I approach people... so much fun!!!!

heart

The eBay Converse are FABULOUS — how is it that they came to be made? Mine are hanging up in my eBay space so I can admire them even when I'm not wearing them!

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 57 of 85
latest reply

@sarahbru, alan@ebay  Good afternoon Exec Team, sorry I'm late, its a tough time slot to hit on the east coast.  Main item for me today is the desire to have a less expensive USPS First Class International class to 1.5 lbs instead of 4.0 lbs AND for less than $ 12.00 US that includes Delcon Tracking (to the UK) in order to increase sales.  The current 1st Class Int Pack is $ 22.50.  I have only dabbled in interntaional selling due high shipping costs but would like to open up to it more.  However, on a $ 20.00 item plus $ 22.50 to the Buyer totalling $ 42.50 the PayPal and eBay fees for the total wind up costing 28.9% of the $ 20.00 sale item.  Not to mention shipping costs the Buyer can be more than the item itself.

Anything eBay's USPS negotiating team can do in this reguard would be greately appreciated.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 58 of 85
latest reply

@ebetsy wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

@sarahbru I have also purchased eBay swag and raffle it off at the meetup.... they love that !!

eBay swag is always welcomed at our meetups, too — and to reiterate, we'd love to receive content AND visits from eBay. Skype sessions are good too, but there's nothing like being live f2f in the real.

@ebetsy AGREED. heart Sarah

Message 59 of 85
latest reply

Hello, Now that off-eBay links are not allowed, I wish there were an upload area for audio files so I could provide audio samples of records I have for sale.

Message 60 of 85
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: