cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Executive Chat, Oct 10th @ 1pm PT - Sarah Brubacher

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community,

I am very excited to announce that we will be hosting an eBay Executive Chat on Tuesday, Oct 10th at 1 pm PT with Sarah Brubacher.

Sarah currently leads the Seller Evangelist & Community team and has held a variety of roles during her thirteen years at eBay.  She first joined eBay in 2004 as a global policy manager in Trust & Safety – and since then has held positions in Cross-Border Trade, Merchant Development, Global University Recruiting and has been Chief of Staff.

Please join this 'Ask Me Anything' hour-long chat session to get to know Sarah, ask questions and share your insights about selling on eBay.

Sarah is looking forward to answering your questions!

Chat with you then.

Sarah.png

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

@txblue49 wrote:

Sarah, it was at the Dallas eBaybes & eMales Meetup when I first met you! 🙂 

I remember you visit!

@txblue49 I recently found PHOTOS from that meet up!! It was several hairstyles ago for me.... Sarah

Message 76 of 85
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi Community,

I am very excited to announce that we will be hosting an eBay Executive Chat on Tuesday, Oct 10th at 1 pm PT with Sarah Brubacher.

Sarah currently leads the Seller Evangelist & Community team and has held a variety of roles during her thirteen years at eBay.  She first joined eBay in 2004 as a global policy manager in Trust & Safety – and since then has held positions in Cross-Border Trade, Merchant Development, Global University Recruiting and has been Chief of Staff.

Please join this 'Ask Me Anything' hour-long chat session to get to know Sarah, ask questions and share your insights about selling on eBay.

Chat with you then.

Sarah.png

Sarah Brubacher,

From your limited bio, you were in eBay Trust & Safety. OK. I surmise you will know of Rob Chesnut and his position in eBay Trust & Safety.

I am all for supporting honest eBay sellers. If there is ONE thing I hate about eBay, I hate SHILLING sellers.

Why is it so difficult for me (and I presume other members) to report blatant shilling to eBay when it was not the case pre 2006?

Why is is that when I do report listings to eBay, NOTHING is done to the shilling IDs?

Godzilla_Goose

Message 77 of 85
latest reply

@sarahbru wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@sarahbru, alan@ebay  Good afternoon Exec Team, sorry I'm late, its a tough time slot to hit on the east coast.  Main item for me today is the desire to have a less expensive USPS First Class International class to 1.5 lbs instead of 4.0 lbs AND for less than $ 12.00 US that includes Delcon Tracking (to the UK) in order to increase sales.  The current 1st Class Int Pack is $ 22.50.  I have only dabbled in interntaional selling due high shipping costs but would like to open up to it more.  However, on a $ 20.00 item plus $ 22.50 to the Buyer totalling $ 42.50 the PayPal and eBay fees for the total wind up costing 28.9% of the $ 20.00 sale item.  Not to mention shipping costs the Buyer can be more than the item itself.

Anything eBay's USPS negotiating team can do in this reguard would be greately appreciated.

@mr_lincoln: To start, thank you for joining even though the time is tough on the East Coast. I also really appreciate your comments about negotiating better USPS prices.  We will absolutely pass along your comments to the shipping team (who sit right outside of the room we're currently in!). As for international, I would tell you that expanding into the international market can be great for increasing your business -- and would suggest you check out our Global Shipping Program as it will allow you to pay domestic shipping costs for international shipping... (I'm hoping I did the hyperlinking better this time!) Thanks! (Trinton will double check my hyperlink now....) Sarah

Real world  Buyers  can't return  anytime  they want  for refund . Also buyers  have limited rights to return  and refund in second hand 3P market  . Based on both federal and state consumer and merchant rights statues .

Message 78 of 85
latest reply

Any chance we'll see something like this at eBay Open, @sarahbru?

eNotesLIVE.jpg

Don't miss eBay Radio!
Via the archives 24/7
Message 79 of 85
latest reply

Hi again everyone,

Thanks for joining us today, it was such a fantastic session! Major kudos to Sarah. 

The thread is now closed for replies, we'll reply to any posts we might not have got to yet. Keep an eye out for more exec chats coming very soon. wink

See you tomorrow for a Community chat on the topic of Structured Data

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 80 of 85
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

@sarahbru  OMG  that will be great news on the Converse.... does that mean I can buy them in different colors just like the ones you were wearing at Open??? the black with the green or Bob was wearing the red....... I  am waiting for your answer with anticipation!!!! 

Terry!!!! you are here!!!!! 🙂

@theshoppingmom2: I'll do my best to convince them that eBay Converse should be available to all! 🙂 Sarah

Message 81 of 85
latest reply

14134.jpeg

Hey @ebetsy, love this photo of us with Lee at eBay Open 2017!

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@ebetsy wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:
Hi Sarah!!!

Nice seeing you here!!! 

I would love to know if eBay has any plans to revive the On Location meetings they used to have and if not , do they have any plans to get more events to get the community  together?

Hey @theshoppingmom2:  I'm not aware of plans to revive the regional OnLocation meetings....rather we are putting resources toward making eBay Open bigger / better for sellers. We're also looking into how we can better support local Meet Ups with content and maybe fly-ins from eBay staff. What are your thoughs on those?  Sarah

@sarahbru I will love more support for the meetups.. I have one and my members will be thrilled to have  people from eBay chat with them... they always have so many questions and are so eager to learn, it puts a smile on my face to be able to help them....

and like Viv said when I was on stage with her at eBay Open... the post office is a great place to meet  eBay sellers.... I go there wearing my  eBay  "WeBay" shirt and my Converse ( eBay) and I approach people... so much fun!!!!

heart

The eBay Converse are FABULOUS — how is it that they came to be made? Mine are hanging up in my eBay space so I can admire them even when I'm not wearing them!

@ebetsy: Re: the converse. One of the executive assistants created them as a surprise for the execs presenting on stage.  There has been such a huge positive reaction (both from eBay sellers as well as eBay employees -- e.g. Trinton, Alan and Doug are each telling me they want a pair and if I'm a cool manager I'll find a way to get them a pair....) that we have suggested the swag company start making them.  Whaddyathink? Sarah

OMG, I think they'd be a hit, in fact I KNOW they would! And BIG props to that brilliant exec assistant!!

I'd also like to see the annual eBay Christmas ornament revived by The eBay Shop folks (who now have their store on eBay instead of a dedicated website). Those were wonderful.

p.s. Say hi to Doug for me, please…

Message 82 of 85
latest reply

Always take multiple photos, in case I close my eyes.

doug@ebay wrote:

14134.jpeg

Message 83 of 85
latest reply

@godzilla_goose wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi Community,

Chat with you then.

Sarah.png

Sarah Brubacher,

From your limited bio, you were in eBay Trust & Safety. OK. I surmise you will know of Rob Chesnut and his position in eBay Trust & Safety.

I am all for supporting honest eBay sellers. If there is ONE thing I hate about eBay, I hate SHILLING sellers.

Why is it so difficult for me (and I presume other members) to report blatant shilling to eBay when it was not the case pre 2006?

Why is is that when I do report listings to eBay, NOTHING is done to the shilling IDs?

@godzilla_goose:  Yup - you're right! I joined eBay during Rob Chesnut's tenure leading Trust and Safety. I am a huge fan of  Rob's (now general counsel at AirBnB!). 

Re: Shill Bidding. By nature of the issue and to protect the security and privacy of our members, investigations need to be conducted in private and we cannot provide the outcome of any investigation. If you are looking to report suspected shill bidding, please contact us via social media:

Twitter: Https://twitter.com/AskeBay

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eBay 

CS: https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuhome 

We will ensure it is routed to the appropriate team. I agree with you that shill bidding is something we need to take very seriously. Thank you for raising the question. Sarah

Message 84 of 85
latest reply

@tenbigdogs wrote:

@sarahbru wrote:

@mg152 wrote:
Hi Alan & Sarah,
Can I just say I love working in my PJs with no makeup on?
I’m taking some time off right now because of personal issues but my boss doesn’t care! 😂
I want to thank all my fellow members for extending a helping hand again after my County was nearly destroyed by Irma. I don’t know what I’d do without all of you wonderful people.

I do have a question. Is ebay trying to rid the site of small or part time sellers like myself?
I take buying & selling very seriously & have never really had any problems buying it selling & I'd like to keep selling.
Great to see everyone.

Hey @mg152:  I'm so glad to hear that you received outreach from Community members. I think this is what makes eBay just such an incredible site. Buying / Selling / Belonging -- that is what eBay is all about. And no - eBay is definitely not trying to rid the site of small sellers - we're trying to do the opposite.  Can you speak more about what is driving the question? Thanks! Sarah

Hi Sara, What is driving the questions about eBay and small sellers is all the requirements eBay has laid and continues to lay on sellers.  Mega-sellers may be able to accommodate 60 day no-questions-asked returns, but smaller sellers cannot.   Those are the kinds of mandates that make smaller sellers feel squeezed out.  Things such as Fast n Free one-day handling times aren't realistic for many small, rural sellers.  But if they don't comply, their items don't position well in search results, and their sales slow to nothing.   So yes, many of the recent innovations seem designed to promote Mega-sellers to the detriment of small sellers.  Surely you all can see that?  

Hi @tenbigdogs: Sorry that your question didn't get answered during the chat Tuesday. 

We understand that not everyone can provide 60 day free returns - it simply won't work for everyone's economics, and that for some inventory it isn't expected by buyers. In recognition of that, the option to provide 60d free returns is not a mandate.  We understand that for some merchandise, you might not want to provide returns at all (closeout items).  What we hope to provide is a finite set of returns options -- both to simplify for buyers when they're shopping, and to simplify for sellers when understanding what is competitive for their items. Many ecommerce buyers do expect to find inventory that provides free returns - and for that, we will provide a filter they can use to identify listings that provide that level of return service. 

I hope the above helps clarify. Thanks for the question. Sarah

Message 85 of 85
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: