cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, June 21st @ 1pm PT - Promoted Listings

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Join us here tomorrow for a Community Q&A hour on the topic of Promoted Listings. You may have heard the news that Promoted Listings is now available for single quantity items,  please feel free to join in and ask us your questions on Promoted Listings.

The chat will take place from 1-2pm Pacific. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

@Anonymous wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Because the categories are so limited for 1's........any chance we could "bank" the free $30 per month until the cats are expanded?? 

sorry that should be "per quarter"

Hi -
We cannot carry forward the $30 credit.

Thanks,

Promoted Listings Team

Can not?

Or will not?

@fern*wood wrote:

It's starting to feel like we have to pay bribes to have our items shown now.  The ones paying the biggest bribes get the best placement. 

Of course, the ones who can't pay the biggest bribes get ads, and possibly even ads from their competition, put on their listings, listings that they paid insertion fee's for, and will pay fee's if it does sell for.

So not only is the one with the biggest bribes getting better placement, but they are getting placement on other peoples backs.

Not to be salty but to me that sounds ridiculous.

Bigmotormania
Message 62 of 69
latest reply

My question is about the promoted listing credit stores seller's receive.

When  are these credited? And how do we know how much we have used each quarter?

Is there a place to view our balance?
Thank you

Message 63 of 69
latest reply

@ldavis789 wrote:

Your item will likely not always have the same placement. It does not hurt to let the Promoted Listings run as long as you are following listing guidance to keep your listings optimized with relevant titles, competitive prices, and free shipping when possible.

If your impressions begin to decline, look to optimize your ad rate and listings to remain competitive.

Since PL placement is determined by both the fee you are paying and your listing's organic search placement, it seems that PL will show the most benefit to those in very competitive categories.

If your category isn't that competitive or it has a lot more unique items, then it seems keeping your listing high in organic search results & using relevant keywords could yield similar results as a PL.

Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Just to elaborate.  I had sold some listings with the promotions in May.  My May invoice did not have a credit.  Is that credit going to be on the June Invoice.  I am invoiced at the last day of the month.  Thanks

Message 65 of 69
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

and that's a wrap. Thanks for joining us today! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

My question is about the promoted listing credit stores seller's receive.

When  are these credited? And how do we know how much we have used each quarter?

Is there a place to view our balance?
Thank you

Hi,

The credit is a quarterly credit but we apply the credit each month for how much ever you accrue. You can see the credits line item on your invoice.

You can find more information here: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/stores.html#m22_tb_a6__6 

And here: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/stores.html#m22_tb_a10__4 

Message 67 of 69
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

Just to elaborate.  I had sold some listings with the promotions in May.  My May invoice did not have a credit.  Is that credit going to be on the June Invoice.  I am invoiced at the last day of the month.  Thanks

Hello,

Yes your credits should be reflected in the following month. So your credit should be reflected in the June invoice.

Thank you

Message 68 of 69
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

I don't really understand exactly what "promoted listings" are. 
Where can I get a tutorial?

Hi vrykalak,

Try this page

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/stores/promoted-listings/benefits.html#explanation

Message 69 of 69
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: