cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat Hour - Wed. July 18th @ 12:30 pm PDT

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join us here from 12:30 today, we'll be hosting a live video broadcast followed by a Community Chat from 1-2. 

During today's live broadcast, we'll be chatting about the 2018 SHINE Awards and eBay Open. The chat hour has no set topic, so join us to ask your eBay buying and selling related questions.

Chat with you then sunglasses

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

@where*you*crowin wrote:

Since the turnout has been extremely low to the weekly chats in recent weeks due to those who have chosen to abandon the boards or have been "given no choice," is there any chance ebay is considering ending the weekly chats?

With respect, to me that seems like a big assumption.  I see things a bit differently.  

There have been more subject specific chats in recent memory, which will, depending on the subject, reduce participation.  

Plus it is summer time.  Lots of people out there taking vacas or just enjoying the summer days / evenings.  Lots more to do.  Maybe children to take care of while they are out of school, etc.  I can think of lots of reasons for a lower turn out this time of year.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 52
latest reply

I'd vote to end the "live" broadcast instead.  At least with the chat, there's a possibility of having a concern acknowledged.  The broadcasts seems to be mostly cheerleading via SEO keywords.

alan@ebay, any possibility of a bug-tracker report being implemented?  A list of the reported glitches and some sort of progress report issued weekly?  May seem silly, but such a thing would be a lot more reassuring to sellers and to buyers that eBay actually is working on problems - much more so than the usual stone wall we get.

~M

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

@automotivepartsrecyclrs wrote:

When will these "Glitches" Be fixed? We are down $8500.00 so far for the year and 75% of it is due to these glitches.

If Ebay is going to use Ayden instead of paypal is there a USA based person NOT reading from script that can answer question Prior to having to go to Ayden?

When will the "fees" for using this new service be announed?

We got a invite to join and without knowing the Fees ect I am not early joining.

We are however talking with our bank on opening a seperate account just for this new payment program to cover ourselves in the event of glitches.

Lot of unanswered questions on a program that has no details on fees to date.

Hi @automotivepartsrecyclrs - we don't want you to get into anything without specifics either. While we don't have details to share with you at this time, there will be more information available before you are asked to participate - either this fall in the 1st wave, or over the course of the next two years. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 33 of 52
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Hi Alan and everyone,

I have been asking what is going on with Collections for several years now, it seems. So far, you have not been able to get any answers from "the Team". The last word you passed on was that the functions were supposed to be added to Lists, but from all the complaints about lists recently, they are not working any better than collections.

Collections used to work much better than lists did, or do. The main benefit from the user's viewpoint (buyers and sellers) was that listings in collections were persistent (did not get purged from the database), so buyers and sellers both could maintain access to the items they had researched and purchased. Also, collections could be either public or private.

Will you please find out from the Team what changes they are going to be making, and give us a timeline for when the changes will be implemented. 

Please light a fire under the Team and get answers this time. I know they have always blown you off befire, so please don't let them ignore you again. Maybe you can schedule them to do a chat in the next couple of weeks.

These are JUST the posts from the last week about this:

having problems with accessing my collection list

how do I view my collections ?

Collections

Collections

collections

my collections

Where have 'Collections' gone?

Collections list

lost collections

My collections

Unable to access my eBay Collections

Hi @lacemaker3

I do not think that functionality to edit or create new Collections is coming back. I will confirm with the team and get back to you. 

Thank you for your feedback on Lists. I will get that to the right people for their consideration. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

I read the link about Managed Payments. I'm horrified:

"sellers will no longer be paid directly from buyers via PayPal, and instead payments will be sent by eBay directly to sellers' bank accounts."

I use Paypal for accounting, and Paypal SmartConnect for my online purchases.
I pay the PayPal SmartConnect payments from my PayPal balance. 
I don't WANT the money going directly to my bank. That's hideous. I want to control that.
Can anything be done to stop this? or allow us to opt out?

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

Hi @where*you*crowin, thanks for the suggestion. We do continue to see high traffic to the weekly chats, especially after the fact as they have longtail value.  Community traffic is also consistently high, and up over last year's traffic. We have a lot of "regulars" who attend the weekly chats. We're here to help, and happy to help those that come to the chats. No one has to show. We're here for those that find it helpful, not everyone will do so. 

@where*you*crowin wrote:

Since the turnout has been extremely low to the weekly chats in recent weeks due to those who have chosen to abandon the boards or have been "given no choice," is there any chance ebay is considering ending the weekly chats?

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

When I wrote my post about managed payments, I got a message:
Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.
The only difference I could see between what I originally wrote and what appeared after the "invalid HTML" had been removed was that one line feed disappeared.
?

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

I was sent a join early message.
Message 38 of 52
latest reply

@terrycanarsky wrote:

On the topic of drafts:

We don't generally save ours to work from for a couple reasons.

Is it possible for eBay to not automatically save a draft?  All it does is clutter things, require more work, and potentially lead to issues (which have been reported in the past to MerchSupport).

~M

Hi @terrycanarsky - there isn't currently an option to prevent a draft from being saved automatically I'm afraid.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 39 of 52
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

When I wrote my post about managed payments, I got a message:
Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.
The only difference I could see between what I originally wrote and what appeared after the "invalid HTML" had been removed was that one line feed disappeared.
?

I get that message from time to time when posting on any given thread.  Usually because i've cut and pasted something into my post is the most common reason.  If I hit the post button the second time it typically will post.  And I don't see any difference in what posted from what I intended to post.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 40 of 52
latest reply

Do coins now have to be certified to be listed and removed if they aren't?

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

Thanks, Alan.

I would appreciate it if you would follow up on this, and get back to us with a definite answer. Whatever that answer might be.

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

We got a early invite but with all these Ebay Glitches makes us wonder about giving Ebay a Bank Account number and other tax documents.

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

tyler@ebay  

Sorry I'm late ... looking forward to the day when pre-registered questions are accepted.

Tyler wrote: Hi @buyselljack2016 - thanks for this feedback and for a few of the scenarios you could see this feature being useful. I'll make sure it gets to the shipping label team and update this thread if I hear back any workarounds.

We ship from as many as 6 local post offices all within 7 miles from where we live and most have a different zip code.  We don't know ahead of time which ones will be used, depends on what is planned for the day and which direction we are going.  I assume that the intention of that zip code feature is for something totally different then our situation correct?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 44 of 52
latest reply

alan@ebay, any possibility of a bug-tracker report being implemented?  A list of the reported glitches and some sort of progress report issued weekly?  May seem silly, but such a thing would be a lot more reassuring to sellers and to buyers that eBay actually is working on problems - much more so than the usual stone wall we get.

~M

Agree! 

When I report bugs to CS, they usually tell me to use the "Tell us what you think" link on the page in question, that the tech team responds more to those than to phone call reports.
But when I tried to do that I was told I can ony "Tell us what you think" once a week.
What?

Message 45 of 52
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: