cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, September 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Community Chat, September 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

jasmen@ebay Thanks. I look forward to hearing their response. And I must say: what a bizarre way to provide rate information to sellers. 

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@mam98031 Well, I'm glad you are no longer scared .... I usually don't try to scare anyone until Halloween LOL

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@mam98031 Well, I'm glad you are no longer scared .... I usually don't try to scare anyone until Halloween LOL

It was just a mistake on my part, I thought I was responding to something I wasn't.  All my fault, I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 33 of 38
latest reply

I get a little weak in the knees whenever I get a message beginning with, "Your buyer opened a request." 😳

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@tools* wrote:

Hi Velvet,

I'm still waiting for the $28.85 refund from the eBay shipping overcharge for the two returned packages that we discussed in June. You know, the 4 and 5 pound USPS Priority Mail packages that eBay's software thinks weighed 96 pounds each.

Hi @tools* - we can't discuss account specific details publicly, but when I checked with Velvet on this she confirmed that the messages she'd sent previously are still accurate and the matter is considered closed from both our end and USPS'. 

Thanks!

People don't forget being mugged.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

I get a little weak in the knees whenever I get a message beginning with, "Your buyer opened a request." 😳

I have a hard time with clicking on "continue"...............

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

Thanks for joining this week’s chat. It’s closed from further replies, but we’ll continue working through any that have not received a response to make sure that everyone’s questions are answered. Thanks!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@tincan630 wrote:

On a laptop using chrome and as I mentioned previously the is a difference between the drop down list results from the "search for anything" bar and "advanced search". My understanding is the drop down list in advanced search ii retained by the chrome browser and the search results on the search for anything bar are what ebay thinks I should be interested in. I'm not!  I've complained about this multiple times to customer service and they agree with  my description of what I'm experiencing .  They send complaints to tech and management but nothing changes. I was told  this resulted from an ebay update back in May.   MAKE IT STOP!

Hey @tincan630! I know you came in about this last week, but I didn't have a reply from you before the chat closed. I've tried to recreate what you're describing and when I go to the main search bar and click into it, nothing happens. Once I start typing something, I get a mix of past searches and eBay suggestions for things that I may not have searched for previously. When I do an advanced search though and click in the bar, before I start typing, it shows my past search results. Once I start typing however, that's it, and I complete what I was searching for with no suggestions being provided.

I know this chat is now over, but if you start a new post and tag me, please be sure to let us know what the specific problem is that you're running into. Is it with the main search or the advanced search? Are you experiencing what I described above or something else. I want to know if this is a you specific issue, or a change we made that everyone is experiencing and you would like things reverted.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 38 of 38
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: