cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 13th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 

Please join us for our weekly Community chat this afternoon at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 9/13. We do not have a set topic for the week, so feel free to ask us what is on your mind!

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Hello Trinton and Heidi:

This morning I received an email that said that someone who I had sold to was not an authorized eBay member and they removed the listing. It said the usual....not to have contact with this person, etc

Now he purchased from me on Sep 5th. Paid that day. I shipped and he took delivery on September 11th. In the past week, there has been no issue with his payment.

The question I have, is should I be prepared for a charge back or a cancelled payment?

Thank you for your time.

Ann

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Hello Trinton and Heidi:

This morning I received an email that said that someone who I had sold to was not an authorized eBay member and they removed the listing. It said the usual....not to have contact with this person, etc

Now he purchased from me on Sep 5th. Paid that day. I shipped and he took delivery on September 11th. In the past week, there has been no issue with his payment.

The question I have, is should I be prepared for a charge back or a cancelled payment?

Thank you for your time.

Ann

I can share with you that I've had this happen several times over the years and I've never had an issue with the payments received.  Whatever Ebay's issue with the buyer was, did not affect my transaction with those buyers.  I hope the same holds true for your transaction.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Hello Trinton and Heidi:

Thank you for your time.

Ann

Hi @odditiesandantiquities1! The unauthorized noticed you received sounds like it was simply referring to the activity on eBay's side. Any other concerns would be something I'd refer you to PayPal for. I know they offer protections of fraudulent payments if you ship before you're notified but I'm not 100% familiar with their chargeback protections in these situations.

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

I have a question-Is there any chance that seller fees might be added to the sellers side of order details?

My biggest dissatisfaction with the seller hub was getting out of it to get my fees.  Since eBay doesn't have a simple fee schedule and I sometimes incur other fees-it would be great if I didn't have to keep leaving order details to get my fees.

I"d also love to be able to have somewhere in a listing to put in my price so I would have something to refer to when pricing or having sales.

I really wish your updates and changes were actually helpful for sellers.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 34 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmotormania wrote:

I have a shipment going to Miami and USPS has it currently being held in California on a delay and it's flagged as a "processing exception" which I assume to mean it won't be processed until the delay is lifted.

[...] 

Hi @bigmotormania - There's definitely no harm in asking about your protections and we're happy to help! Since the item is being held due to a weather delay, you should be protected as well. If you happen to receive a defect or a late shipment, I would recommend contacting customer service. They'll be able to review the order, tracking, and your buyer's location to ensure this won't impact your Seller Performance.

Just as a data point here, let me mention that my shipments from Chicago to Florida, which had been held in Indianapolis since September 9th, are now on the move towards Florida again as of this morning.

Message 35 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@divwido wrote:

I have a question-Is there any chance that seller fees might be added to the sellers side of order details?

My biggest dissatisfaction with the seller hub was getting out of it to get my fees.  Since eBay doesn't have a simple fee schedule and I sometimes incur other fees-it would be great if I didn't have to keep leaving order details to get my fees.

I"d also love to be able to have somewhere in a listing to put in my price so I would have something to refer to when pricing or having sales.

I really wish your updates and changes were actually helpful for sellers.

Hi @divwido - I can certainly see where you're coming from and how this would make things easier. I'm not sure what our options would be to add the fees to Order Details since billing is done separately, though. I'll share your feedback along with others' here to our Seller Hub team for them to take into consideration.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

Hate new Unsold page: each listing way too large, only three fit on the screen at once, and I have to reduce the print size to microscopic to get the whole listing on one line. Also, I keep records by downloading the Active, Sold, Unsold pages at the end of each month Can't do that anymore

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmotormania wrote:

Hello.

I have a shipment going to Miami and USPS has it currently being held in California on a delay and it's flagged as a "processing exception" which I assume to mean it won't be processed until the delay is lifted.

This is obviously understandable, and I have no issue with it, and I am aware that eBay is extending protections for seller's who have been affected by the hurricanes, though I am assuming this applies to sellers in the effected areas.

Because it's flagged as a weather delay, will I be effected for late shipping if it goes past the deliver by date because of the weather delay? It appears as if it might be going to a reshipper based on the address.

I may be asking an obvious question but I honestly don't know, and the post I saw earlier didn't appear to differentiate between sellers in the effected areas and sellers shipping to the effected areas, which has the potential to mean one or the other.

Also, can I please have my old unsolds page back. 

Hi @bigmotormania - There's definitely no harm in asking about your protections and we're happy to help! Since the item is being held due to a weather delay, you should be protected as well. If you happen to receive a defect or a late shipment, I would recommend contacting customer service. They'll be able to review the order, tracking, and your buyer's location to ensure this won't impact your Seller Performance.

What you may find if you get a defect for this, and contact them, is that no defect will be removed unless it actually causes you to drop in your standards as a seller.  They may not just remove it because you did not deserve it. It has to be causing an issue with your account before it will be removed.

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@creativecrisis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creativecrisis wrote:

Does eBay still have a seller outreach team? I'm looking for knowledgeable help with my sales, which dropped drastically at the end of July and have never recoverd. Sales are 44% below last year's levels!

Even some of my most popular and reliable items have few views and very sporadic sales. I've been adding new items regularly and refreshing older listings. I have adopted every one of ebay's "best practices" that make sense for my business. I'm TRS+.  

Something seems very wrong. Where can sellers get help?

Hi @creativecrisis - We would recommend contacting customer service. They'll be able to review your account in detail and look for suggestions to help increase your volume. Also, are you using the Seller Hub? If not, I would suggest opting in. There's a new Growth tab and Performance tab we've included which can give you a lot of great insight into your listings. Impressions, click-through rate, conversion rate, etc. It may provide additional guidance on how to improve your sales.

I've been opted into the Seller Hub for months. The Growth and Performance tabs are not incredibly helpful for my listings because there's limited data available (apparently). Yes, I can see my impressions, click-through rate, and conversion rates. They are lousy. I already know that. I do not find "additional guidance" on improving my sales, which is what I'm asking for here.

If I were to call customer service, what team or department should I ask for? I'm sure you're aware that the reps who answer the phone often struggle to handle even routine issues.

@creativecrisis - The best route to get to that department would be here. That should direct you to our Selling teams who can look into this further. A lot of our members here on Community might also have recommendations and if you're open to it, I'd suggest posting on our Selling board to see what they might offer as well.

Thank you for the link. As for the Selling board, I do read and participate in discussions. There are sellers asking questions similar to mine every day. Many of us have seen a large downturn in sales.   

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@lookng2015 wrote:

As far as being able to "customise" the Seller Hub pages, you should be aware that eBay has a HISTORY of suddenly defaulting customised pages (by the seller) to what  eBay thinks it should be.

For example, this is an ongoing issue with the bulk editor. No matter how many times you customise it to the columns YOU want to see, time after time you go to the page only to be confronted with eBay's "defaults" yet again.

Can you assure us that if we put the time and effort into customising the Hub to be what we want, eBay will not suddenly reset it to the defaults again?

It is not our intention to change any of the customizations you make to Seller Hub - we've heard from many sellers that once they customized their display that Seller Hub became a great asset to them. Barring any unforseen issues, these changes should stay the same. I do recommend you use the "Comments?" link in the upper right corner of the Seller Hub to get this feedback directly in the hands of our Seller Hub team.

Is there any way a seller can SAVE the customized page, on their own computers or to cloud storage, so it can be restored if eBay decides to change it back to the default?

Message 40 of 62
latest reply

Thanks Heidi
Message 41 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

In regards to return labels not being offered as an option for sellers is there an ETA on a FIX for this? 

I have heard it's a glitch from Tyler but an OP just said they were told by CS that ebay removed the return label option due to the storms?    

I am not sure why that would be.  The only reason I could think of is that it will make sellers have to provide their own return label and then they will be more aware of purchasing insurance.  

The works arounds I know are for the seller to purchase a label and send it as a PDF in an email or send payment for the postage to Paypal as payment for good and services.   

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles, I don't believe this is an intentional decision related to the recent storms, but I will touch base with our tech teams on this topic for an update. I've passed along examples already about this but am happy to keep digging to see if there is an update at this time.

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmotormania wrote:

Hello.

This is obviously understandable, and I have no issue with it, and I am aware that eBay is extending protections for seller's who have been affected by the hurricanes, though I am assuming this applies to sellers in the effected areas.

Because it's flagged as a weather delay, will I be effected for late shipping if it goes past the deliver by date because of the weather delay? It appears as if it might be going to a reshipper based on the address.

I may be asking an obvious question but I honestly don't know, and the post I saw earlier didn't appear to differentiate between sellers in the effected areas and sellers shipping to the effected areas, which has the potential to mean one or the other.

Also, can I please have my old unsolds page back. 

What you may find if you get a defect for this, and contact them, is that no defect will be removed unless it actually causes you to drop in your standards as a seller.  They may not just remove it because you did not deserve it. It has to be causing an issue with your account before it will be removed.

Hi @buyselljack2016 - While this may be the case in some situations with the validated tracking metric, our options are different when it comes to defects, late shipments, and natural disasters. I would still encourage all affected to contact customer service about these if protection isn't automatically provided.

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

Any idea when Markdown Manager within Sales Event will finally be rolled out to everyone???? I've been waiting and waiting....
Message 44 of 62
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Hate new Unsold page: each listing way too large, only three fit on the screen at once, and I have to reduce the print size to microscopic to get the whole listing on one line. Also, I keep records by downloading the Active, Sold, Unsold pages at the end of each month Can't do that anymore

It forces me to navigate through Seller Hub just to relist my unsold items, when I used to be able to just go from Active to Unsolds in a single click, click the Select All box one time, and click relist, confirm, and be done with it. 

Also I didn't have to selected between "relisted" and "unrelisted" for which it defaults to Relisted first, so of course, have to load page after page after page after page for what used to take 3 clicks and one page load.

It's annoying and unecessary.

Bigmotormania
Message 45 of 62
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: