cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 4 @ 1:00 pm PT - Holiday Shipping

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

This week we’re being joined by jen@selling with shipping experts amy@shipping and nate@shipping  to talk about the new QR code and shipping during this holiday season amidst a global pandemic. 

You can download our holiday shipping guide here and check out the seasonal playbook here for helpful tips to get through peak season. 

We’d also love to hear your thoughts and plans about what you are doing or experiencing with carriers. 

The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep refreshing the page and scrolling down to see our answers.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point the thread will be closed from additional responses. After that time, the team will continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

**Please note that while off-topic questions will not be removed, they will be answered after the chat closes, to allow priority to remain on the topic for this week's chat. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

I just recently saw an announcement about a new shipping with eBay. -- It's shipping in an envelope, with a cheaper price than first class package and has tracking.

It's restricted to particular sports cards categories at the present time.

Now that you can foretell the future - but what's the chance of add postcards to the categories allowed.

A LOT of buyers would appreciate this sort of improvement to their experience.

_____

Edit: A reply to your message can be found here

Message 2 of 76
latest reply

Any idea of when/if the sku information will be put back on the packing slip page (informational only for seller) for those of us who use it for inventory location?  Would sure help during what I hope will be a busy season.......

_____

Message 3 of 76
latest reply

I have seen a VAST improvement in USPS over recent weeks.  Well except last week, but then they did had an additional issue on top of what they were already dealing with which was the 10's of millions of voting ballets to process.

I for one have no problem depending on USPS to get my stuff delivered over the Holidays.  It is also the most cost effective way for me to ship.

_____

Edit: A reply to  your message can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 76
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Any idea of when/if the sku information will be put back on the packing slip page (informational only for seller) for those of us who use it for inventory location?  Would sure help during what I hope will be a busy season.......

Hi @dhbookds , 

Our team is working on getting this back and available, but I don't have a timeline for when it will be back yet. Thanks for the feedback, I'll let the team know that this would be really helpful for holiday season. 

~Nate

Message 5 of 76
latest reply

nate@shipping wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Hi @dhbookds , 

Our team is working on getting this back and available, but I don't have a timeline for when it will be back yet. Thanks for the feedback, I'll let the team know that this would be really helpful for holiday season. 

~Nate

Get on it, Nate............we've been asking for it, since you took it off.........

Message 6 of 76
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I have seen a VAST improvement in USPS over recent weeks.  Well except last week, but then they did had an additional issue on top of what they were already dealing with which was the 10's of millions of voting ballets to process.

I for one have no problem depending on USPS to get my stuff delivered over the Holidays.  It is also the most cost effective way for me to ship.

@mam98031 

Thanks for your feedback - we have also seen really good performance from USPS recently. And, we are always looking for additional options for when you need a backup plan! 

Message 7 of 76
latest reply

I have a more general question - why are invalid or outright false claims if "I did not receive the item" allowed to stay up? 

This results in 3 weeks of harassment to the seller until the case is automatically closed.  I have been repeatedly harassed with reminders to take care of a case - even after customer service knows the claim is false.

2 examples:
1) the buyer won the auction but never paid, and after being told that case is closed, the buyer opens a claim against the seller

2) the claimant never placed a bid or made a commitment to buy - a case is opened against the seller

I don't need the harassment.

Do I need to repeatedly analyze a claim to make sure it's valid?

Repeatedly being told "don't worry about it" is not an acceptable solution to this problem.

Message 8 of 76
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

I just recently saw an announcement about a new shipping with eBay. -- It's shipping in an envelope, with a cheaper price than first class package and has tracking.

It's restricted to particular sports cards categories at the present time.

Now that you can foretell the future - but what's the chance of add postcards to the categories allowed.

A LOT of buyers would appreciate this sort of improvement to their experience.

@postcardcountry , 

Great question. I'm not super familiar...could share more details on the announcement I can look into it for you?

~Nate

Message 9 of 76
latest reply

I think I should complement eBay on drastically reducing the number of counterfeit listings of Patrick Mahomes cards passed off as reprints or RP in October.  Way down are the sales and listings for counterfeits; No 20 of 25 : 2017 Panini Cracked Ice Auto, No 62 of 75 : 2017 Panini Optic Contenders Auto, No 17 of 25 : 2017 Panini Contenders Draft Class, and 2017 RC Optic Contenders Auto.

While there were reductions, there are more new of the same counterfeits added each day.  There are plenty of sellers to fill the gaps.  I do not see how the VeRo program works unless eBay stops listing from being added.  Trying to keep up with new listings each day would be a burden for any company. 

But while the Patrick Mahomes counterfeit cards stalled, other counterfeits soared.  The 2003 UD Game Jersey Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant Combo game jersey No 8 of 10 counterfeited card took off with 24 sales in October and two sales of over $1000.  There are currently now approx. 20 active listing of this counterfeit card.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 10 of 76
latest reply

The perennial Christmas question............

At one time, if a seller had an ebay message from a buyer asking to change the delivery address for an item for a gift.....it was ok to do it and ebay would back us up with the usual protections.

Then it was NOT ok and we had to cancel the order (pay PP fees, if still in PP, now pay the MP fee), and ask the buyer to repurchase.

What's the rule this year? 

_____

Message 11 of 76
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html 

This??

_____

Message 12 of 76
latest reply

I recently sent a customer a item and it arrived damaged. I made a claim with USPS however they are asking for me to bring the item into a post office.  I never asked the customer to return the order and I refunded them in full. They tossed the item since it was damaged. So what can I do as a seller to recoup my money?  Is there a telephone number I call USPS about this?  Any help would be appreciated.

_____

Message 13 of 76
latest reply

Glad they fixed the shipping program but this new thing " go to ship next order"  is not good idea. If you have more then one order, you click that(which is on top)  and goes to print label page for next order(not to orders page). I almost printed a label for the wrong order because I sold another item which the orders page puts at top of list not at the bottom. Need to fix that and also ask over a year ago about fixing the order page, has a date sold but needs to be last sold or earliest sold, if not if you sell a item but have your sold items set up to print a shipping label, then sell  another item it messes up the order

_____

Message 14 of 76
latest reply

nate@shipping   Can ebay supply a list of the possible surcharges that sellers will encounter when using Fed Ex and UPS that are not included in the shipping calculator?  

I am always so disheartened when OP's come to the community asking for help with their surprise high bills... usually Fed Ex.  

The poor OP's thought they were saving money and end up paying MUCH more than expected.  

_____

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 15 of 76
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: