cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 4 @ 1:00 pm PT - Holiday Shipping

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

This week we’re being joined by jen@selling with shipping experts amy@shipping and nate@shipping  to talk about the new QR code and shipping during this holiday season amidst a global pandemic. 

You can download our holiday shipping guide here and check out the seasonal playbook here for helpful tips to get through peak season. 

We’d also love to hear your thoughts and plans about what you are doing or experiencing with carriers. 

The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep refreshing the page and scrolling down to see our answers.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT, at which point the thread will be closed from additional responses. After that time, the team will continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

**Please note that while off-topic questions will not be removed, they will be answered after the chat closes, to allow priority to remain on the topic for this week's chat. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Community Chat, November 4 @ 1:00 pm PT - Holiday Shipping

About shipping - USPS has resumed its speed and reliability. The occasional however:

Sometimes the tracking updates on eBay are not updated for 1-3 days.  On such occasions, I'll look at usps.com.  I sometimes need to do this to assure the buyer than the package has been dropped off and is on its way.

_____

Edit: A reply to your message can be found here

Message 17 of 76
latest reply

Top 10 Counterfeits sold on eBay in October 2020 Update.  Sales in the month of October Only.

2003 (Upper Deck) UD Game Jersey Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant Combo game jersey No 8 of 10

24 sold, two sold for over $1000.00

2006-07 (Upper Deck) UD Dual Exquisite Michael Jordan Lebron James No 23 of 23

19 sold, 3 for $200 or more.

2017 (Panini) Patrick Mahomes Contenders Rookie Cracked Ice Auto, No 20 of 25                                           

24 sold, only 4 over $100

2009 (Bowman) Chrome Mike Trout Gold Superfractor Rookie Card 1 of 1 Reprint                                                                              21 sold, multiple $80 to $100

2013 (Bowman) Aaron Judge Bowman Chrome Reprint Rookie Auto                                                                                         18 sold, Orange No 17 of 25 , 9 sold, four for over $100, 2 over $200.

There are other variants (i.e. purple)

2009 (Bowman) Mike Trout Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Rookie RC AUTO RP  No 018 of 150 

13 sold

2016 (Panini) NATIONAL TREASURES DUAL JOE MONTANA JERRY RICE AUTO CARD REPRINT  No 3 of 3 

11 sold, 2 over $100 (18 more if you go back Sept 30 to Aug 13). 

2000 (Fleer) Tom Brady ROOKIE Autographics RC Card Signed AUTO No 12 of 50                                     

Many sold at lower prices, but 2 did close over $500

2003-04 (Upper Deck) SP Authentic Signatures LeBron James Rookie Auto No 21 of 50                                 

and an un-number variant.                                                                                                                                                             

Prior to October one sold for $2325, in October 4 sold  - one for $1875.

MIKE TROUT Autographed Rookie Card 2011 Bowman Sterling 1 of 1 RP                                                                         

3 sold, max sale price $1998

Look for a new Top 10 come November 1st.  While we cannot take our eyes off the Patrick Mahomes counterfeits, it is time to also make a dent in this Top 10.

Message 18 of 76
latest reply

@ekusparts wrote:

I recently sent a customer a item and it arrived damaged. I made a claim with USPS however they are asking for me to bring the item into a post office.  I never asked the customer to return the order and I refunded them in full. They tossed the item since it was damaged. So what can I do as a seller to recoup my money?  Is there a telephone number I call USPS about this?  Any help would be appreciated.

There is nothing that can be done in this case. USPS has the right to inspect item and packing, you no longer have it.

The buyer does not have to cooperate in taking it to the PO. Most will but in today's times there is reason to stay home..

Message 19 of 76
latest reply

Is anything going to be done with all these sellers from Sri Lanka?

Everyone knows they can't accept Pay Pal payments legally.

Some of them are buying Ebay accounts to use.

Happy Easter
Message 20 of 76
latest reply

USPS has been pretty good, still a little slow BUT how come we who only use the USPS got thrown under the bus and got a holiday rate increase yet UPS and FEDEX dropped theirs, ebay should have had our back.

_____

Message 21 of 76
latest reply

@donsdetour & @postcardcountry  - Thanks for joining today's chat! I appreciate the call out on the page in Seller Center and love you are engaged with that site. I'll take the blame here and admit that we have inadvertently published that page too early in our excitement to get the refresh of the shipping section in Seller Center live. Standard envelope is not quite ready yet, but we'll certainly be letting sellers know when it is! In the meantime, I apologize for my mistake and pull back on that spoiler alert. 

- Jen

Message 22 of 76
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Glad they fixed the shipping program but this new thing " go to ship next order"  is not good idea. If you have more then one order, you click that(which is on top)  and goes to print label page for next order(not to orders page). I almost printed a label for the wrong order because I sold another item which the orders page puts at top of list not at the bottom. Need to fix that and also ask over a year ago about fixing the order page, has a date sold but needs to be last sold or earliest sold, if not if you sell a item but have your sold items set up to print a shipping label, then sell  another item it messes up the order

Hi @tsme35 , 

Thanks for the feedback. I will share with our teams. One thought that may help for when you have multiple orders to ship would be to explore using our Bulk label printing tool. You may find it help you save time in printing labels when you have multiple orders to ship out in a single day.

~Nate

Message 23 of 76
latest reply

Yes.  You posted while I was off looking for the link.

Message 25 of 76
latest reply

donsdetour, Thanks for posting that. It's news to me (but then, I don't usually sell trading cards). I applaud this move, and hope it can be quickly expanded to other categories, including postcards and ephemera in general. I have a lot of postcards and paper items I would list if ebay can expand this to those categories.

Message 26 of 76
latest reply

I'm still seeing regular "delays" in delivery and most of the time, I think it is because ebay gives unreasonable delivery estimates.

For an example:  I sold an item on Oct 28 at 8PM    I have 2 day handling time.  The item was shipped on October 29, which for anyone else but ebay, that would be a good thing and should give me an extra day for delivery time.  

The item went to the initial sorting center in Seattle WA on the night of the 29th, then it went to the Federal way  Sort Center on  the 1st and then it  and then it went back to Seattle on the 1st of Nov and then it left Seattle on Nov  3.  

The expected delivery date to the Buyer was November 2.    Washington to Florida  You give three business days and don't even consider that I didn't have to ship it until the 30th.

Just a note so you don't have to look it up, Seattle  and Federal  Way are about 30 miles from each other.

And because I am "to blame" the buyer opens an INR and my service metrics get blasted (again)

I get 2-3 packages a week that are delayed or late and I guess it is my fault because I use USPS.

_____

Message 27 of 76
latest reply

amy@shipping wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

I have seen a VAST improvement in USPS over recent weeks.  Well except last week, but then they did had an additional issue on top of what they were already dealing with which was the 10's of millions of voting ballets to process.

I for one have no problem depending on USPS to get my stuff delivered over the Holidays.  It is also the most cost effective way for me to ship.

@mam98031 

Thanks for your feedback - we have also seen really good performance from USPS recently. And, we are always looking for additional options for when you need a backup plan! 

For many of us USPS isn't a back up plan, it is the plan.  The other forms of shipping that are available are more expensive and therefore just not cost effective for us.  It would more than double my costs for shipping to move forward with UPS and in many more cases far more than than that.  And Fedex is really a whole lot more.

I know we want to get things to our customers as quickly and safely as possible.  But we must be cost effective too otherwise would need to raise our shipping rates to amounts that most buyers would not even pay, therefore our sales would suffer greatly.

_____

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 28 of 76
latest reply

@ekusparts wrote:

I recently sent a customer a item and it arrived damaged. I made a claim with USPS however they are asking for me to bring the item into a post office.  I never asked the customer to return the order and I refunded them in full. They tossed the item since it was damaged. So what can I do as a seller to recoup my money?  Is there a telephone number I call USPS about this?  Any help would be appreciated.

@ekusparts Hi, I'm sorry you're experiencing this frustrating situation. If you submitted your USPS claim online, you can also appeal the claim online through your "Claim History" https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm or call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777). Thank you for taking such good care of your buyers!

Message 29 of 76
latest reply

Could anyone  please explain why I am still seeing this type of tracking information on all my tracking/shipping info on ebay.  Pre shipment sent to USPS after they already have picked up and processed the package.  (these are still happening frequently)   Buyers are seeing this and it is confusing and irritating to have false information provided to buyers .

tracking1.png

_____

Message 30 of 76
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: