cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 20 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! We hope to see you today at 1 PM PT for the Weekly Chat with the Community Team. Bring any general buying and selling questions you might have to discuss slight_smile

Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

Re: Community Chat, March 20 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

GTC listings will sort by ending soonest and get closer to the top of that search as their end date nears.  Just like we are use to a 30 day FP listing would.

GTC listings will also appear as newly listed when they are initially listing.  However when they renew, this does not apply.

It would be nice if GTC could be considered as newly listed in the searches when they renew.

Any thoughts on this!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 109
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@wooden_flower wrote:

Hi,

Buyers can not make repeat purchases in a 30 day period using the cart - only buy it now is available. This means they can not make multiple purchases without paying duplicate shipping - full shipping on each item.

I was wondering if, with the shift to all GTC listings, if this might be on the list to be changed, since this will now impact even more items?

thanks,

Sue

Hi @wooden_flower - I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean when you say a buyer can't make a repeat purchase from you via the cart. Are you referring to buyer requirements?

Tyler,

No - if a buyer purchases an item, he can not put that same item in his cart again until more than 30 days have passed.  If he clicks on that item, he can see his past purchase, or he can buy it now, but the add to cart button does not appear.

This has been this way for quite a while. A year, at least?

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 32 of 109
latest reply

Which most users don't want? I think you grossly over spoke.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 33 of 109
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Any update on a fix for the broken bell notification on the Community Boards? Is a fix for this still an eBay Priority?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques

Certainly is a priority for the Community team to fix this. doug@ebay is actively working on this with our platform provider to resolve. It's taking longer than expected for that fix and we're really sorry about that. Believe me, I want this issue fixed as much as anyone else. sunglasses

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 34 of 109
latest reply

Thanks Tyler, it would be good to know . And again, I want to say I appreciate that you guys actually announced the test. I hope ebay will continue to do that in the future....
Message 35 of 109
latest reply

GTC: A number of sellers have asked ebay to provide a tool to automate ending GTC listings early. I believe at least one third party listing tool already provides this feature. Does eBay have any plans to provide such a tool directly?

What is this third party tool? I want it!

Message 36 of 109
latest reply

GTC: We know that GTC listings are treated like 30 Day FP listings for purposes of the "Ending Soonest" search order, that is, as they near the end of their 30 day cycle, they rise in Ending Soonest. Does eBay also treat GTC listings like 30 Day FP listings for watchers? To be clear: I believe with 30 Day FP, a watcher receives a reminder that the listing is about to end as the end date approaches. As a GTC listing nears the end of its 30 day cycle, does a watcher receive a similar notice? (I think there is some confusion about this, with some sellers believing that a GTC listing is a "permanent" listing with no end date. Wouldn't it be more accurate to describe it as a 30 Day FP listing that ends at the end of Day 30, and then renews automatically? (I do realize that time frame may change, depending on ebay's solution to the billing sync issue plays out, but that's a couple months in the future)

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - You're correct in your breakdown of GTC: from a buyer perspective it is presented as a 30 day listing. This means that if a buyer is watching the item they will get the notification that it is ending soon. My personal watchlist has a number of GTC listings that are on my 'someday' list and I get a notice of them ending every month. I really should just buy the first aid kit, with spring on the way. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 37 of 109
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

During the last week there has been something wrong with e-mail notifications. I’m only getting an e-mail alert from eBay for about one out of every six items that sells. My settings have the correct communication preferences set up and they haven’t been changed. E-mails are not going to my spam folder- there just aren’t any e-mails coming in for the majority of sales.

Hi @coffeebean832 - I've come across a few reports of this today. I'm not sure if there's latency somewhere or if something else is happening. I'll get you added to the report I filed!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 38 of 109
latest reply

GTC listings will also appear as newly listed when they are initially listing. However when they renew, this does not apply.
It would be nice if GTC could be considered as newly listed in the searches when they renew.

mam, Just want to say as a buyer, I prefer Newly Listed to actually be new to the site, not new every 30 days (much less every 7 or 10 days). And I know many other buyers have voiced the same desire.

Message 39 of 109
latest reply

When will ebay update the Payment policy page?

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-policies/accepted-payments-policy?id=4269

Credit card or debit card processed through the seller's Internet merchant account

No mention of ebays managed payment or Apple pay and they really should update the information regarding sellers Internet merchant accounts as they are no longer allowed.

I feel this is an important page that many may refer to & if it requires a few updates along the way to stay in sync with what sellers are allowed to accept then they should adjust this page to reflect the correct information each time a change goes into affect

merchant accounts 3-19.JPG

Message 40 of 109
latest reply

I saw Brian's Update to Harry's Update on the GTC issue. Any update on an ETA for the other feature Harry mentioned, a column in Seller Hub's Active Listings section that would give us a count for our listings? Harry said: " By the end of March, we’ll do the math for you and will show you the number of days each listing has been active. " Is this still on track for the end of March? Also, I believe in the original update, we were told that the ability to Make Offers to buyers from Seller Hub would roll out gradually this month and be available to all of us by the end of the month. Is that also on track? I know some people have received it, but I'm not yet one of them. I'm looking forward to both these features.

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques, no additional information or update to provide at this time. Keep an eye out for additional details as they become available. The timeframes that have been provided would still be accurate so hang tight while we get some of these features rolled out! 

Message 41 of 109
latest reply

Well, that makes two of us, Alan. Hope we'll hear some good news on that front soon....
Message 42 of 109
latest reply

The following categories need the Variations option. How or where can I submit this request?

Books > Accessories > Blank Diaries & Journals

Books > Accessories > Bookmarks

Message 43 of 109
latest reply

vrykalak,

InkFrog ---I think you get it with a subscription to their listing service.
Message 44 of 109
latest reply

If, from the buyer perspective, it's still a 30 day listing, then please, just leave it as a 30 day listing. If the URL is really your concern, just code your site to make it so relistings have the same URL/product number. This change is a hassle and hampers inventory control for *many* small sellers.
Message 45 of 109
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: