cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 9 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Hello Everyone,

I’m trying to get guidance on Sri Lanka posts

I posted this> https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sri-Lanka-Posts/m-p/31946391#M1767282

Which led to controversy and an array of conflicting answers

I’d like to know from eBay staff, are these posts legit?

They never accept solutions, but instead are repetitive and on going and some are just gibberish

Someone posted that ebay will allow Sri Lankans to sell on ebay using Payoneer. Is this true?

Should these posts continue to be answered or are they wasting our time, taking away from those who really need our help?

Thank you, 

stuff4divas

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 2 of 81
latest reply

For quite awhile now, some ebay mentors are getting paid by LimitLess for their answers to posts, so very few of them bother to do it for free on the ebay mentor community platform, with very few exceptions, such as disney, comics and a few others. I get it, why do something for free if you can get paid instead.

But, this not only seems unfair to the community posters that need help and the few mentors that bother to show up to answer them, but is contradictory to the meaning of mentor (as I see it).

Is the partial meaning of mentor “only if I get paid for my wisdom will I answer”?

I feel too guilty to ignore the questions posted on the mentor platform when I see numerous 0 answers.

Even just this morning, after answering numerous mentor posts, I leave for maybe 10 minutes, come back and there are a whole new set of unanswered Q’s!

But I must admit, I start to feel overwhelmed at the lack of help and I do wind up having to take a day or 2 break.

Thank you for any input, 

stuff4divas

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

On the Ebay home page I saw that Ebay now has an authentication service .. I guess like the sneaker one ?  It would seem like Ebay is really trying to eliminate counterfeit bags/purses etc.  ?

Tammy

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

Regarding stuff4diva's post, when someone clicks, looking for help with Ebay, of course speaking with Ebay or the like is the last option but rather Ebay sends people to these boards. Seems like so many of the posters here should get something, don't you think?  And NO, I am NOT talking about me.  I post very little here.   Just wondering.

_____

Message 5 of 81
latest reply

Greetings from a wintery early morning in Australia

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

For quite awhile now, some ebay mentors are getting paid by LimitLess for their answers to posts, so very few of them bother to do it for free on the ebay mentor community platform, with very few exceptions, such as disney, comics and a few others. I get it, why do something for free if you can get paid instead.

But, this not only seems unfair to the community posters that need help and the few mentors that bother to show up to answer them, but is contradictory to the meaning of mentor (as I see it).

Is the partial meaning of mentor “only if I get paid for my wisdom will I answer”?

I feel too guilty to ignore the questions posted on the mentor platform when I see numerous 0 answers.

Even just this morning, after answering numerous mentor posts, I leave for maybe 10 minutes, come back and there are a whole new set of unanswered Q’s!

But I must admit, I start to feel overwhelmed at the lack of help and I do wind up having to take a day or 2 break.

Thank you for any input, 

stuff4divas

Even before limitless I often feel the same way out on all of the regular threads.  Very few mentors have regularly posted to regular threads in years.

I'm qualified for Limitless but I have not yet participated.  I have my hands full with the threads which is why I rarely participate in M2M, newly named Ask a Mentor.

Also important to know that not just Mentors can qualify to work in Limitless.

I will try to do a better job getting on the Ask a Mentor board.  I hope other mentors will also try and do a better job of participating on the regular threads.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 81
latest reply

brian@ebay 

You answered my question last week about the Funko Pop Funkoween presale event in part by saying “We have realized some of the items being featured were against our policy and ended the event.”

It appears that eBay removed the banner ad on the main category page and killed the direct link to the event page, but has not ended many of the listings involved which are in violation of eBay Presale Policies and possibly FTC 30 Day Mailing Rules.

So eBay may have “ended the event” but did not address the real problem.

Just do a search for Funkoween - some are from previous years and the seller has them in hand and ready to ship, but many are still preorders from this year that are the same listings that were in the original event.

For example, these are two sold listings from the same seller both clearly in violation of eBay’s presale policies, sold a week after eBay was made aware of this issue.

sold6-7.jpg

sold6-7-2.jpg

What is eBay going to do if these buyers don’t get their items? Are they just going to be out hundreds of dollars because they won’t be covered by the MBG and may not be covered by PayPal/CC protections so far after purchase either?

_____

Message 8 of 81
latest reply

(if my posts show I am replying to myself, I don't mean to; this is the first time I have posted here and now for some reason under start conversation it indicates I don't have the privileges to do so)

.. anyway, what ever happened to the program regarding service of some sort Ebay had regarding bag/purse authentication?

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

Just want to double check that if I miss some newly required item specifics, and the listings don't renew, that they won't completely disappear. I will find them in unsold and can relist them after making the needed changes, correct?

_____

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Thank you for any input, 

stuff4divas

@stuff4divas - Thank you for bringing this up. We definitely don't want any of our mentors to become burnt out. Our focus for quarter three is going to be on the mentor program and making improvements. While I can't share specifics of what we're planning to do yet, this feedback does help us when reviewing where we'd like to see the program go and how we can grow and improve it. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 11 of 81
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I’m trying to get guidance on Sri Lanka posts

I posted this> https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sri-Lanka-Posts/m-p/31946391#M1767282

Which led to controversy and an array of conflicting answers

I’d like to know from eBay staff, are these posts legit?

They never accept solutions, but instead are repetitive and on going and some are just gibberish

Someone posted that ebay will allow Sri Lankans to sell on ebay using Payoneer. Is this true?

Should these posts continue to be answered or are they wasting our time, taking away from those who really need our help?

Thank you, 

stuff4divas

Hi @stuff4divas - there is no geographical restriction on who can use the .com community boards. If you find posts that are in violation of our guidelines please report them to the mods using the 'report inappropriate content' button from the drop down menu. 

Payoneer does support the Sri Lankan currency and payouts, so it's possible that members in that country will be asked to register to have eBay manage their payments in the future. 

I can definitely see how seeing repetitive posts can feel frustrating - if you feel that a post is not worth addressing please do not feel obligated to respond. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 81
latest reply

A recent post implied that some buyers may have received seller initiated coded coupons, but mistakenly thought they were for site- wide use, rather than confined to that seller's store. 

Perhaps the wording of the coupons could be changed to make it even more clear that the coupon is NOT good sitewide?

----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 13 of 81
latest reply

@b4b4b4b wrote:

(if my posts show I am replying to myself, I don't mean to; this is the first time I have posted here and now for some reason under start conversation it indicates I don't have the privileges to do so)

.. anyway, what ever happened to the program regarding service of some sort Ebay had regarding bag/purse authentication?

@b4b4b4b 

You aren't doing anything wrong.  It is a broken link or something in the community.  It has been going on for weeks.  I've reported it a few times, but it has yet to be fixed.  

You are doing just fine!!!  Welcome to the forums.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 81
latest reply

Why do I get constant HTML error and then post flooding?

_____

Message 15 of 81
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: