cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 19 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team here at 1 PM PT on June 19 for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. No set topic for the week, so feel free to share any general buying and selling questions you have. 

The chat will be open for questions from 1-2 pm PT, at which point we'll close it down for additional questions and continue to work on responding to any remaining queries.

If you are new to the chat, welcome! Simply reply to this post with your question after 1 pm and we'll be happy to look into it slight smile

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 77
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Below you will find a recap of our Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team for June 19, 2019. We hope to see you at our next chat!

Sales Records

I don’t like this new "Sales Record Page". Can I go back to the old page?

While there's not a way to opt out of the sales record page, we’ll be happy to pass along any feedback you have for the new format. 

The new page doesn't tell you if it is an auction or fixed price. I also had trouble copying the mailing address. Some of the options are hard to find, like leaving feedback or print packing slips. 

Thanks for the detail! The listing format was likely removed for being irrelevant to the information presented within the sales record. There is a shortcut 'copy to clipboard' option you could use to quickly copy the address for use in other label printing services. You can use the Comments? link to submit additional feedback to our developers for potential future enhancements.

The new unique sale number for our records is great. Can we get the Unique Sales Number to appear on the PP payment notification or MP payment notification?

So glad to hear that this is helping you out! We know that the plan is to get order numbers surfaced in as many views as possible for both buyers and sellers. We’re not sure if it will show up natively on PayPal at this time, but we’ll see if we can find out!

Listing Durations

While monitoring Fixed Price listings to be sure I end them before they can renew, I noticed that many of them will renew between 11pm and 2am. That is weird, because I rarely post anything after 9pm. What is going on?

When you submit a listing it usually publishes right away, but there could be a delay of up to 24 hours before the listing becomes visible on the site. Upcoming renewal times could vary if there were any delays when you first submitted the listing. 

I noticed a bunch of listings that started on May 15th renewed on June 14th. Aren’t fixed price listings supposed to renew on the same day each month?

Prior to July 1st, Good ‘Til Canceled listings renewed every 30 days. We announced that we're moving to a monthly renewal date in the Spring Seller Update. You can review more details here

Revising Listings

I just tried to change the handling time on one of my auctions with less than 24 hours left and was unable to make changes. I thought changes can be made if there are more than 12 hours left in the auction. What’s going on?

The timeframe when revisions are restricted is still 12 hours before the auction ends, but if a bid has been placed, you won’t be able to change the shipping details even if there are more than 12 hours remaining. 

There was a bid, but I thought buyers don’t see an estimated delivery date until they pay for the auction. Why can’t I make changes to the handling time when someone is bidding on the item? 

When a buyer places a bid they are doing so under the impression that the shipping service, cost, and estimated delivery time will remain the same. Revising these aspects of a listing alters the terms the buyer agreed to when placing their bid. To avoid creating bad experiences, it is not possible to change shipping details once a bid is placed. Additional shipping services can be added, but the current services cannot be removed. The shipping cost and handling time also cannot be changed. 

Also, buyers see the estimated delivery date before they place a bid. For many buyers, the estimated delivery date is something they factor into whether or not they want to bid on an auction.

Book Category

The whole book category is an utter mess. I have seen issues with: 

• Promoted listings
  • The cookbook template for all new listings
  • Item specs are disappearing
  • International shipping 
  • There are all kinds of error messages.

Can you please pass along concerns to the appropriate teams?

We're happy to take a look into this with some more details, no problem!

When I put in the ISBN, the Catalog takes over and attaches a catalog item that is NOT the item I'm selling. Even when it is the correct item, the category is totally wrong, labeling most books as "textbooks" or "cookbooks" incorrectly. Can you get this looked into?

We definitely want to see the book catalog improve if there are inaccuracies. You can email the team directly at sdsupport@ebay.com with the ISBN and what's wrong with the related catalog details and that team will work to get corrections put into place. 

Shipping Labels

The new shipping labels page is a good improvement vs. the old. Scan sheets and insurance can now be done in one place. The only thing we see wrong is related to priority shipping options; I can see many priority choices from the sold page clicking print shipping label for one item. When I use the bulk tool you can't see more than two choices of priority. Also, yesterday one item could go flat rate envelope, but using bulk it only showed us two priority choices and neither was the flat rate envelope priority. Can you pass this along for improvements?

Definitely! We’ll get this to the shipping team and see if there's a planned upgrade or a workaround to get what you're looking for. Thanks for the detail on this!

New Seller Hub Orders Page

I've been looking at a friends new Seller Hub Manage All Orders page and I do not like it. Way too many clicks to get basic functions done and no way to customize the layout. Am I going to have to use this new page at some point? 

We are moving towards an improved layout for this page as we work to create the tools you need to manage your eBay business. If you're missing tools, links, or quick ways to do something I recommend using the Comments? link in the upper right corner to let the Seller Hub team know what you're looking for. While not everyone's suggestions can be adopted, I know they work hard to make it a page you can use quickly, effectively and without too much headache. Thanks!

eBay Affiliate Site

I sell coins and while doing some research I came across a site that shows eBay listings. Does eBay have affiliate sites that show eBay items? 

While we don’t have any alternative eBay owned sites that are designed to show eBay listings, there are third parties that create tools for buying and selling on eBay. You may have run across one of them while doing research and as long as the third party is not claiming to be eBay, this shouldn’t be an issue.

USPS Dimensional Weight

With the new USPS Dimensional weight starting soon, is it only domestic or will it affect international packages?

The dimensional weight changes USPS has announced impacts domestic Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express and Parcel Select services. International services are a bit different. First Class Mail International (for documents and papers) is being reduced from 64 ounces to 16 ounces. Greater than 16 ounces and it would go First Class Mail International Package service up to the limit there (usually 4 pounds). Greater than 4 pounds and it would go Priority Mail International. Check out our recent Announcement on these changes for suggestions on how to adapt your business model.

Easy Relist

The text says this applies to single-quantity listings, but it doesn't say anything about sellers who use the out of stock option. When I have a single quantity listing and the buyer requests a cancellation, will I have a pre-selected checkbox to relist? 

We are working on getting an update for you on this. We will keep you posted when we have more info to share slight_smile

Send Offers To Watchers

I know that everyone now has the ability to send offers to watchers, but I have not been able to find the option on my app or my account. How can I get this added?

We've checked your account through a browser and do see the option to send offers to watchers on the Listings page of Seller Hub. The screenshot below is what the feature looks like. Click that button and you'll be able to send watchers an offer.

Send_offers_to_watchers_weekly_chat_recap.JPG

I like to keep track of the dollar amount of the offers I've sent out on each listing but don’t see a place to review this unless the listing has the Make Offer feature turned on. This means that offers I’ve sent through messages or to my watchers don’t show up anywhere. Am I missing something? 

Though there isn't a place where we show you details about offers you've sent yourself, we will happily add your voice to the suggestions we’re sending to the team!

Return Requests

Regarding the return reason “Doesn't work or defective”, I don’t believe that those two words should be together. If a buyer orders a part that doesn't work for their system, this doesn't necessarily mean it's defective. Can I suggest clarification be added with different wording?

We'll be sure to send this over to the appropriate team for consideration!

Recently a buyer filed a wrong item sent claim- later they confirmed they received the correct item. The eBay customer service rep said the mark would be removed from my service metrics, but I didn’t think these marks were removed based on buyer messages. I spoke with two different reps about it on two different days because I was skeptical and they both said the same thing. I haven’t seen any changes yet, so I am wondering if I was given misinformation?

There are only certain situations where we will adjust a seller’s service metrics/return rate. We can't say for certain that you were given incorrect information without more detail so we'll message you shortly to review.

Technical Issue: 50 Free Listings 

I continue to see the 50 free listings promotion displayed in my account even though I have a store subscription and shouldn’t be receiving this promotion. The promotion doesn’t seem to apply, so I’m wondering when this display issue will be fixed?

We don't have an update on this at the moment, though I am sending regular reports to our developers.

Views On New Listings

Some of my items have received as many as 1,000 views the moment that they are listed, while others receive 1 or 5 or 10 or none. Could you please explain the instant views that some items get as soon as they are listed?  

This is a known issue that our tech team is working to resolve. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and will continue to pass along examples for our investigation.

Managed Payments

I was just wondering if the next Phase of Managed Payments will include the Date range programmable (CSV) database for all items on transactions (Buyer address including State, Sold amount, fees paid, shipping paid, refunds issued, etc.?

We don't have details regarding your question to share right now, but if you've been invited to join managed payments then you have the option of contacting the payments team to discuss this with them in more detail. That being said, we wanted to add that the same CSV downloadable report found on the Seller Hub > Orders page is also available to sellers in managed payments. This file may not provide all of the details you are looking for, but we did want to mention it is available for you to review. Thanks!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 77 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! The chat is now open for questions Smiley Happy

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 77
latest reply

I hate this new "Sales Record Page". Can I go back to the old page ??
Message 3 of 77
latest reply

While monitoring Fixed Price listings to be sure I end them before they can renew, I noticed that many of them end between 11pm and 2am. That is weird, because (except on the last day of a promotion) I never post anything after 9pm. ?.

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

@pratercollectibles wrote:
I hate this new "Sales Record Page". Can I go back to the old page ??

Hi @pratercollectibles - there's not a way to opt out of the sales record page. Can you let me know what you're running into that you're not fond of? Happy to get your feedback submitted. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 77
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

While monitoring Fixed Price listings to be sure I end them before they can renew, I noticed that many of them end between 11pm and 2am. That is weird, because (except on the last day of a promotion) I never post anything after 9pm. ?.

Are you one the USA east coast or further east?  The start times displayed for me are labelled PDT.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 77
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Hi @vrykalak, the renewal time could vary if there are any indexing delays, and it sounds like this is likely the case here. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 77
latest reply

It doesn't even tell you if it is auction, or fixed price. I had trouble copying the mailing address to Indicia.  You have to hunt for the items to leave feedback, print packing slip etc. 

I see everyone hasn't been changed to it. Why can't I go back ?

Message 8 of 77
latest reply

I just found out that I can't change handling time for items ending in 24 hours.

Used to be 12 hours. Now I am stuck with a late shipping defect on an item that ended while I was on vacation, because I changed the handling time more than 12 hours, but less than 24 hours, before the end.

Also, the 'Reminders' at the top say that handling time was changed 318 (of 323). That means there were four other items where the handling time did not get changed, when I told the system to make that change on all the active listings. 
That's scary, because I can't find any way to check which others were not changed. (The one item I knew would sell while I was away was the only one with less than 24 hours left before it ended, so that was not the reason.)

I asked if the defect could be removed, under the circumstances, and I was told definitely NO.

This is mostly just a rant, but I would like eBay to be a little more tolerant, and help Sellers who get caught in a trap like this.

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

The new unique sale number for our records is great.  I've been so long without one that I'd forgotten all about it as I learned a long time ago how to track things without one.  But I love the idea.

One question.  Can we get the Unique Sales Number to appear on the PP payment notification or MP payment notification.  I would find that enormously helpful.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 77
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Are you one the USA east coast or further east?  The start times displayed for me are labelled PDT.

No, I am in the Pacific time zone.

Message 11 of 77
latest reply

The whole book catagory is an utter mess. I mean it's really awful. Promoted listings disappearing is the biggest issue and unable to promote is also an issue. And then there's the cookbook template for all new listings. Item specs are disappearing. International shipping going poof. Then there's all kinds of error messages. Figuring workarounds is getting harder. Many book sellers experience this and been going on since book catalog is being "fixed" Whatever is being "Fixed or Updated is an utter mess.". HELP Please! 

Message 12 of 77
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

Hi @vrykalak, the renewal time could vary if there are any indexing delays, and it sounds like this is likely the case here. 

These were listings that had only been posted once, never renewed, so the end time should have been approximately the time of posting.

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

The new shipping labels page is a good improvement vs the old. Scan sheets and insurance can now be done in one place.

The only thing we see wrong is you can't see more than 2 types of priority items.

You can go to that sale and sort from all usps items but then you can't include that in your scan sheet.

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

I've been looking at a friends new seller's hub order's page and it sucks.  Please don't force me to use it.  Way too many clicks to get basic functions done.  No way to customize it. No way to get around it.  I might be better off managing my invoices  through a third party like paypal or shopify.   

Why do you work so hard to make it hard for sellers to do their jobs??? 

Message 15 of 77
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: