cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Aug 9th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join us here for our weekly Community chat at 1 pm Pacific on Wednesday 8/9. There isn't a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your eBay buying & selling questions. 

Don't forget the eBay Guaranteed Delivery webinar that's happening at 11:00 AM on 8/9. 

Register here: http://ebay.yourbrandlive.com/c/ebay-guaranteed-delivery

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

@bigmotormania wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! Welcome to our chat this afternoon. The thread is now open for replies 🙂

Hello Trinton, Alan, and probably Heidi and Tyler.

I had a question in regards to something my boss asked me about earlier today. I was wondering if there was a listing program through eBay that allows me to import item information directly from our inventory system so as to speed up how long it takes for me to process listing information.

Also, is TurboLister still available at present to be used and if so does it still work the same? I'm starting to come to the realization that my method of just using the quick list format, while convenient, is also very time consuming.

Thanks.

I've been using the 5.00/month Wonderlister and it seems to be similar to TL, only clunkier. But it does worrk, once you find and work around all of the irritating factors.

I would never list here if I had to use any of the online ebay forms.

@roblinsgarage wrote:

I'm wondering how many more major changes are expected for Seller Hub?

I'm still unhappy with so many aspects compared to Seller Manager Pro.  I now have to pull data from other reports to manage my business to get accurate information. 

Hi @roblinsgarage,

Our long-term goal is for Seller Hub to be the one stop shop for sellers to go to manage their business. It will evolve over time with new features. If you have specific feedback, you can share it here, and I will pass it to the Seller Hub team. 

Thank you. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
When will the new Sales Event tool (the one that will actually be combined with the functionality of Markdown Manager) go live?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - We don't have any additional information than what's posted here: http://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/news#markdownManager It appears this will be rolled this fall so I assume we'll see more updates in the coming months.

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous

Thanks. Though as I have stated previously in these weekly chats I fail to understand the mentality behind taking away options for people to be able to use what they prefer in leiu of trying to force new things that they may or may not want onto them.

Millions of sellers, millions of different preferences, taking away two features to add one.

Just saying.

Bigmotormania
Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Several questions about Guaranteed Delivery (no one seems to be answering on the GD Board).
The filter is a good thing, but what exactly will ebay be doing to promote it to buyers? Will there be an ad campaign? Or....?
I understand when this first goes live, only certain sellers will be in the program. But what about the buyer side? Will ALL buyers have the use of the filter when it first goes live? Or will only select buyers be given the filter functionality at first?
I think the program is a good idea, I am looking forward to using it, especially in the all important Q4. Is there anything I can do to make sure I've been opted in by then? I really do not want to wait until 2018. (I am currently on the "waiting list")

Hi, 

Apologies if questions are not being addressed on that board. I have been working with our Shipping team to get answers, we'll spend more time there. I'll share these questions with them and get you the information. That may come after the chat ends, so make sure you Subscribe to the topic so that you're alerted to future replies. 

Thanks. 

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Why are there still listings with the "See full item description" showing up when using a laptop or PC? 

Obviously, if I clicked on it, I want to read the description. Why would I want to(and why should I have to) click on yet another link and have just the description(and nothing else) show up on another page?

This debacle is going to cause a lot of unhappy buyers - I know I won't be clicking yet again to see what I should be seeing when I go into the listing. I'll just google it and see if another site has it.

Unfortunately, I only buy antiques and such on here, so I have to hope that the same thing is listed on multiple sites.

Hey @d-k_treasures - This is still a test looking at possible solutions for a change that Google is planning later this year. 

Beginning later this year, Google is transitioning to a new security expectation in Google Chrome that will flag certain HTTP sites as "Not secure".  Rather than have buyers be shown a "Not secure" notification while shopping we are moving towards HTTPS as our default on eBay.

Because of these changes, we ask members to update their item description and gallery image links to be HTTPS compliant. If these are not compliant in the future, US registered sellers may find that their listings contain the "See full item description" button.

At this point, we are simply running a test to gather information about this impact and explore a possible solution to the HTTP/HTTPS changes. This way we can remain in compliance with Google's expectations, increase our site security and improve the overall experience for eBay customers.

I hope that helps clear things up, and I trust that in the future you'll be able to find the antiques you're looking for on the site!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

thanks Heidi
Message 22 of 65
latest reply

thanks alan
Message 23 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigmotormania wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks. Though as I have stated previously in these weekly chats I fail to understand the mentality behind taking away options for people to be able to use what they prefer in leiu of trying to force new things that they may or may not want onto them.

Millions of sellers, millions of different preferences, taking away two features to add one.

Just saying.

Definitely understand where you are coming from in regards to a loss of options - our plan is to ensure that Seller Hub provides the same functionality as TurboLister and we are working on making it the central stop for all the necessary functions of your business.

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

tyler, you said

"Because of these changes, we ask members to update their item description and gallery image links to be HTTPS compliant. If these are not compliant in the future, US registered sellers may find that their listings contain the "See full item description" button."

What exactly would I have to do to make my description or gallery compliant?

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmotormania wrote:

@Anonymous

Just saying.

Definitely understand where you are coming from in regards to a loss of options - our plan is to ensure that Seller Hub provides the same functionality as TurboLister and we are working on making it the central stop for all the necessary functions of your business.

I realize that this is the goal of Ebay, but I'm not sure they have ever really answered in detail how the Seller Hub is suppose to replace TL.  Will templates drop off after 90% and/or stored inactive listings?  Stuff like that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 26 of 65
latest reply

Here are some of my issues with Seller Hub:

1) Sales are reported innacurately as it includes Shipping.  I don't sell shipping services; I sell auto parts.  I want to know how much I've sold.  Shipping is often equal to 50-150% of the item that is sold which grossly overstates sales.  SMP had it correct.  Now I have to use the Sales Reports to get accurate monthly sales data and / or manage it in Excel.  Atleast put a toggle so you can have sales with or without shipping.

2) Managing Orders.  SMP allowed you to filter on each month in the last 90 days not just number of days.  Once again, it makes it harder for me to manage changes in sales level month to month.

3) The comparative graphs of  "you" vs 'Market" for last 31 days and for year over year are so wrong, it's laughable.  I manage this in Excel with real data.  

4) The Seller Level section defaults to US.  Who cares about 1 country.  We all ship worldwide.  Global results should be front and center.

5) Promotions.  Less than 2% of my listings qualify?  

6)  Performance Selling Cost Graph omits all shipping labels and omits ebay stores subsciption cost so it is basicly useless as paypal fees , listing fees, & FVF fees are all small by comparison.

That's what I can think of quickly.

Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage - Demorestville / Toronto, Canada
Message 27 of 65
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmotormania wrote:

@Anonymous

Just saying.

Is there a reason why these functionalities weren't envisioned and included upon rollout?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 28 of 65
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Why are there still listings with the "See full item description" showing up when using a laptop or PC? 

Obviously, if I clicked on it, I want to read the description. Why would I want to(and why should I have to) click on yet another link and have just the description(and nothing else) show up on another page?

This debacle is going to cause a lot of unhappy buyers - I know I won't be clicking yet again to see what I should be seeing when I go into the listing. I'll just google it and see if another site has it.

Unfortunately, I only buy antiques and such on here, so I have to hope that the same thing is listed on multiple sites.

Hey @d-k_treasures - This is still a test looking at possible solutions for a change that Google is planning later this year. 

Beginning later this year, Google is transitioning to a new security expectation in Google Chrome that will flag certain HTTP sites as "Not secure".  Rather than have buyers be shown a "Not secure" notification while shopping we are moving towards HTTPS as our default on eBay.

Because of these changes, we ask members to update their item description and gallery image links to be HTTPS compliant. If these are not compliant in the future, US registered sellers may find that their listings contain the "See full item description" button.

At this point, we are simply running a test to gather information about this impact and explore a possible solution to the HTTP/HTTPS changes. This way we can remain in compliance with Google's expectations, increase our site security and improve the overall experience for eBay customers.

I hope that helps clear things up, and I trust that in the future you'll be able to find the antiques you're looking for on the site!

Thanks for the extended reasoning, but why only US sellers? I'll bet we never see a chinese listing with that link in there.

tyler, you said

"Because of these changes, we ask members to update their item description and gallery image links to be HTTPS compliant. If these are not compliant in the future, US registered sellers may find that their listings contain the "See full item description" button."

What exactly would I have to do to make my description or gallery compliant?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques Great question!

To see if your listings are compliant visit http://www.i-ways.net/mobile-friendly/en-us/ to check for mobile friendliness. You can also check this on the eBay site directly by visiting: http://www.ebay.com/tools/sell/mobile-friendly-test.

If you would like more information on replacing active content that you find is not compliant, visit: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/itemdescription/bestpractices.html and http://pages.ebay.com/sell/itemdescription/mobilefriendlyguidelines.html for additional details. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 30 of 65
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: