cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's closed from further replies but we will continue to work through to ensure that questions receive an answer. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 46 of 58
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

I just want to verify, do I have until April 30, 2021 to change my store subscription from Premium to Basic without early termination fees or any other penalty type fees?

I understand if I do this anytime from now, April 7, 2021 thru April 30, 2021, the changed store subscription would not take affect until May 1.

Thank you

Hi @stuff4divas - that is correct! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 47 of 58
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

If I sell an item for local pickup, and the buyer is paying in cash, how do I mark it paid? Especially if I don't have the app, so no QR code to mark the item picked up.   I have not found anything that describes how to deal with a cash payment.

thanks!

@wooden_flower - Great question! You may have the option to select 'Cash upon delivery' in the listing form and the buyer would need to select that in checkout, to mark it as paid. If that's not available, you may need to mark it as payment received in your Sold. If you use Seller Hub, you can mark the item as picked up from the options in the 'Orders' page instead of using the QR code.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 48 of 58
latest reply

@ky-thrill wrote:

When is Managed Payments going to support listings in the Adult Items category.  A small percentage of my inventory on E-Bay is adult items and coins.  I am being forced into managed payments despite having items to sell that aren't supported.  I'm still not certain if coins are supported for everyone.

Customer support told me that 15% if my inventory had to be in that category, to get opted out.  Their suggestion was to open a new account.  So I did, and after only a few item sales (which weren't adult items, so maybe my mistake mixing inventory to get feedback on a new account), I was prompted that new account needed to enroll in managed payments.

I know another seller who was prompted to switch a new account to managed payments after only 1 transaction!

So opening a new account to sale in non-supported categories no longer seems like a viable option for those being forced into managed payments, but who have less than 15% of their inventory in restricted categories not supported by managed payments.

Why can't E-Bay just allow sellers to opt out of Managed Payments, when they have a history of listing items in categories not supported by managed payments, regardless if it is 1% or 15% of their inventory?  How about a common sense approach, like letting those folks move into managed payments, once managed payments fully supports the items they have to sale?

@ky-thrill - I am sorry to hear you have had trouble with your account. We don't have an update on when Adult-Only items will be allowed to be sold through payments at this time.

If you have questions about your second account I'd recommend contacting Managed Payments directly for help with it.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 49 of 58
latest reply

@luggage-tags wrote:

I have someone with zero feedback who purchased 50 items.  They have not paid and I submitted a non-payer case.

Why doesn't eBay prevent this?  This is a huge waste of my time.

Hi @luggage-tags - sorry to hear you're still waiting for payment on those items! This is a setting you can manage directly with your buyer requirements settings (link here).

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 50 of 58
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

I haven't been here for 8 months.

Just now found this, nigh on too late.

Can someone send me an email next week? so I can start participating again?

Hi @vrykalak - welcome back!

We don't send emails regarding the chat, but it's always on this board, always on Wednesdays and always at 1 pm Pacific time. Hope to see you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 51 of 58
latest reply

@stpe-4238 wrote:

Hi,

I am an eBay employee at WHI, we have customers that want to sell large parts like bumper covers and trim pieces, you can't ship them by UPS etc they have to go freight but I can't figure out how to match the Freight Table I created to a listing, it doesn't show up?

@stpe-4393 - I appreciate you reaching out! Unfortunately, we're not able to look at account specifics or share them on the Community, which means I can't troubleshoot why the the table isn't applying to the listing.

I would recommend contacting customer service directly by going to the help pages, choosing your topic and using the contact options at the bottom of the page. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 52 of 58
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

One other question:

Can someone provide a meaningful answer to what problem expanding to 500 characters on Feedback solves?  Its not clear to me how this will be helpful Kind of fear it will only be used for negative feedback by buyers and long-winded complaints by sellers about buyers.

When these kind of announcements are made it might be nice if eBay did a better job explaining the goal and how they anticipate users implementing the new feature.

Thanks!

@glasser & @mtgraves7984 - Great question and I appreciate the feedback on the announcement.

Having more characters allows buyers to give more information and context to their feedback. Nothing changes with feedback policies though, so we will still review and remove feedback that violates our policies and sellers can still request for negative feedback to be revised if they work things out with the buyer. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 53 of 58
latest reply

@geo2061 wrote:

hello

On my MP Transactions Page under Payments

the Dates of the individual transactions have changed to the same Date and Time

For instance - the items i have sold since March 30th to April 5th

Now have the Date as  April 6, 2021 02:09:16

Just wondering why this is like this - is it a glitch ??

i have my hard copy record - but this makes quickly scanning past transactions a little more work than needed.

Thank you for your time.

@geo2061 - Thank you for reaching out! That doesn't sound correct. I'm not seeing an open report for this, so to get this reported to the tech team, I would recommend contacting the payments team directly by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 54 of 58
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Last week I asked about where the heck the MP team went in regards to being tagged on threads for the last several weeks and they never pop in.  The question got answered after the chat had closed for the week, so I was unable to respond.  This is what was stated.

52.JPG

What a clever way to say they don't have the personnel to support customer service for MP.

This doesn't make it any easier to deal with.  Ebay has know for at least a FULL YEAR that they are understaffed in this department.  I know it has been that long because I've been posting about it for an entire year now.  Clearly this can only mean that Ebay doesn't have any desire to increase CS for MP because a year is more than enough time to pay attention to this.

It is amazing to me that the single most important change ever made to Ebay and one that affects how sellers are getting paid or not paid in many cases, Ebay doesn't see the need to support these sellers.  It is somehow OK with Ebay to hold up the money and NOT be able to give the proper CS so that a seller can resolve any issue they may be having.

Not only that, on many occasions I have suggested that much of these problems can be headed off and NEVER happen if Ebay would just issue some best practices that a seller should do BEFORE registering.  Like making sure they have the name and address on the Ebay account to match the checking account they want to attach.  Just a few points on what to make sure is cleaned up BEFORE registering would stop so many sellers from having issues and money held.  Yet here we are.  With Ebay self inflicting harm to some sellers that is avoidable for many if they would just communicate better.

@mam98031 I understand your frustrations. The customer service team has been hiring for payments to help with the call volume. It does take time to onboard them, but this is not an area that is being ignored.

The payments team responding on the payments board was meant to help with general questions and not provide direct customer support (since they could not review or share account details). After evaluating the posts that were received, it was felt providing proactive information on the questions being asked was going to make more of an impact than asking the majority of taggers to contact customer support for their account specific questions that could not be addressed on the boards.

There has been a thread created on the payments board here with general FAQ and there is a plan in place to continue providing more materials to help sellers with information they need. You're welcome to still tag the payments team if there is information you'd like to see added.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 55 of 58
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I want to add to dhbooks' comment about the packing slip...it is a huge improvement, and it is great to see many features that I had discussed with one of the seller team members actually being included...and I reviewed Harry's contribution to the March Seller Check In, and see he says there are more features to be added in the future....this is great news!

It is good to know that ebay really does listen to its sellers! 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm very glad to hear you love the changes. When we rolled it out, we were very ecstatic on our end, because we do know sellers have been asking for an improvement on the packing slip for a while.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 56 of 58
latest reply

@star.fighter wrote:

*embarrassed*  I posted this to the tech board (which i seem to have lost the url to that now. sigh) I had it open on my browser for about a week, and sometime this week i seem to have inadvertently closed it...but no response from anyone for a whole week. 😞  I found the link to the board on one of these forums.  do you or anyone know the url for the tech report board?  i will find it there and tag you on it.  I apologize!

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

@star.fighter - No worries! We periodically look over the tech boards but we don't generally proactively reach out on them, so in the future, just make sure to tag one of us from the Community team and this will alert us that you would like us to review your post. We don't want you to feel ignored. 

I think the easiest way to find it would be to go to your profile page  (blue icon on the top right), click 'My Profile' and look in 'Posts' or 'Replies' for threads you've participated on. Hope that helps!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 57 of 58
latest reply

@ky-thrill wrote:

How are sellers supposed to know what the fee is E-Bay will charge them?  The table here doesn't appear accurate:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

I can't make heads or tails of what I am being charged in fees.  Example, I recently sold a book for $16.99 (not in managed payments yet).  I thought the fee for books was 12.2%, which would be $2.07.  I was charged $2.04 (which is 12%).

Sometimes I am charged a few pennies more than I think it should be, and sometimes it is a few pennies less, but I wish I knew how to accurately calculate the fee based on something consistent.  

As far as I know, I am not Top Rated Plus to get a discount, nor do I have any penalties that would raise my fees.

I've just been noticing that sometimes it is what I think it should be, but other times slightly more or less than what is published in the fee tables; almost like every single root category seems to have its own fee amount, far beyond the complexity of the fee table.

@ky-thrill - I'm sorry to hear it's been confusing. That's definitely not what we want. Thank you also for clarifying that you are not enrolled in payments and have a store because that is going to affect what your fees look like. 

You'll find the info for overall fees for sellers not in payments here and store fees in particular here (This is probably the most relevant page for you). I hope this helps!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 58 of 58
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: