cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Community Chat, April 7 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi,

I am an eBay employee at WHI, we have customers that want to sell large parts like bumper covers and trim pieces, you can't ship them by UPS etc they have to go freight but I can't figure out how to match the Freight Table I created to a listing, it doesn't show up?

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 16 of 58
latest reply

Any hope that Managed Payments could have a consolidated record of all fees--insertion, FVF, FVF on shipping, and what was paid for shipping etc--in an item record that shows all including at what rates fees were charged?

Something like:

item 1263251237 World's best widget

Insertion fee:                                                                 $     .20 international visbility

FVF    on sale of $100  Includes shiiping, tax)   $  12.35 (at 12.35%)

Shipping costs:                                                             $    8.00   

I haven't seen this anywhere. No each transaction hits MP when it happens. I understand the need to do that part.

Also payouts are mot detailed just lump sums would be good to see the basis of the payout.

At minimum, the transactions for FVF should indicate at what % they were charged. This seems like a must have

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 17 of 58
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Also brian@ebay My invoices don't specify the mystery charges eBay is getting me for.  I don't know what to do at this point.  I'd rather not have to go the court route to get answers.

Hi @gwzcomps - Brian is out today but I know that he passed on the response we received on this last week (link here). That's the extent of the information we have on this topic. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 58
latest reply

One other question:

Can someone provide a meaningful answer to what problem expanding to 500 characters on Feedback solves?  Its not clear to me how this will be helpful Kind of fear it will only be used for negative feedback by buyers and long-winded complaints by sellers about buyers.

When these kind of announcements are made it might be nice if eBay did a better job explaining the goal and how they anticipate users implementing the new feature.

Thanks!

_____

Message 19 of 58
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

I uploaded tracking late on an order of 14 items. I thought that was only supposed to count as 1 late. It's showing as 14 late. Dropped my percentage from 98 to 91, which means I won't be top rated next month. Am I remembering incorrectly, or is that how it's figured now?

@carlqsportscards - I appreciate the question! I'm sorry to hear that happened. The 'Tracking uploaded and validated' rate counts each item in an order separately.  This is why combined orders must have tracking uploaded on each item on time to be counted for the seller on this particular metric.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 20 of 58
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

"Why can't E-Bay just allow sellers to opt out of Managed Payments, when they have a history of listing items in categories not supported by managed payments, regardless if it is 1% or 15% of their inventory? How about a common sense approach, like letting those folks move into managed payments, once managed payments fully supports the items they have to sale?"

Simple.  People like me would intentionally start selling items in those categories so I could avoid using mismanaged payments and their 💩 support.

To my knowledge they do that, however I don't know about the percentages you used. 

Those that sell in one of the restricted accounts regularly and has a history of doing that aren't onboarded to MP yet.  Those that sell occasionally in these categories will be onboarded when MP deems it is their time.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 58
latest reply

I saw this article  posted on Twitter about Verizon’s new marketplace efforts and was really intrigued by the transparency widget they are using.  You can see dates of all versions of the page, plus if you toggle through, it actually highlights additions and shows strikethroughs on subtractions.  Neat!

verizon1.jpg

verizon2.jpg

verizon3.jpg

I would love to see something like this put into practice on eBay.  Especially with all the rollouts and updates happening with Managed Payments and new tools and experiences, it would be extremely helpful to be able to keep track of everything.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 22 of 58
latest reply

How are sellers supposed to know what the fee is E-Bay will charge them?  The table here doesn't appear accurate:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

I can't make heads or tails of what I am being charged in fees.  Example, I recently sold a book for $16.99 (not in managed payments yet).  I thought the fee for books was 12.2%, which would be $2.07.  I was charged $2.04 (which is 12%).

Sometimes I am charged a few pennies more than I think it should be, and sometimes it is a few pennies less, but I wish I knew how to accurately calculate the fee based on something consistent.  

As far as I know, I am not Top Rated Plus to get a discount, nor do I have any penalties that would raise my fees.

I've just been noticing that sometimes it is what I think it should be, but other times slightly more or less than what is published in the fee tables; almost like every single root category seems to have its own fee amount, far beyond the complexity of the fee table.

_____

Message 23 of 58
latest reply

Hello,

In Seller Hub under Performance under Selling Costs is: Taxes and Government Fees ($130.50)

When hovering over the explanation, it includes:

recycling fees collected from the buyer by ebay or you (which I know nothing about)

state sales tax (which I thought was charged to the buyer by ebay and collected by ebay)

for overseas shipments, value added taxes or import taxes collected from the buyer by you (I don't collect any taxes from international buyers)

Am I being charged this $130.50? And if so, do you know why?

Thank you

-----

Message 24 of 58
latest reply

@stpe-4238 wrote:

Hi,

I am an eBay employee at WHI, we have customers that want to sell large parts like bumper covers and trim pieces, you can't ship them by UPS etc they have to go freight but I can't figure out how to match the Freight Table I created to a listing, it doesn't show up?

Did you mean you are NOT an Ebay employee?

@stpe-4238 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 25 of 58
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Since I tend to express my criticism........a note of appreciation:

Thanks for the changes to the packing slip.......which includes a variety of choices.

Also..........glad to see the announcement that shipping choices for the buyers will include ALL the options we use on the listing..... 

Sellers have been asking for both changes for several years.........glad they finally came to pass.......please pass on to the responsible people. 

Hi @dhbookds - thanks for this! I'll make sure it gets shared. I was also really excited to see the changes to shipping announced. 😄 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 58
latest reply

hello

On my MP Transactions Page under Payments

the Dates of the individual transactions have changed to the same Date and Time

For instance - the items i have sold since March 30th to April 5th

Now have the Date as  April 6, 2021 02:09:16

Just wondering why this is like this - is it a glitch ??

i have my hard copy record - but this makes quickly scanning past transactions a little more work than needed.

Thank you for your time.

_____

Message 27 of 58
latest reply

I just want to verify, do I have until April 30, 2021 to change my store subscription from Premium to Basic without early termination fees or any other penalty type fees?

I understand if I do this anytime from now, April 7, 2021 thru April 30, 2021, the changed store subscription would not take affect until May 1.

Thank you

-----

Message 28 of 58
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

Any hope that Managed Payments could have a consolidated record of all fees--insertion, FVF, FVF on shipping, and what was paid for shipping etc--in an item record that shows all including at what rates fees were charged?

Something like:

item 1263251237 World's best widget

Insertion fee:                                                                 $     .20 international visbility

FVF    on sale of $100  Includes shiiping, tax)   $  12.35 (at 12.35%)

Shipping costs:                                                             $    8.00   

I haven't seen this anywhere. No each transaction hits MP when it happens. I understand the need to do that part.

Also payouts are mot detailed just lump sums would be good to see the basis of the payout.

At minimum, the transactions for FVF should indicate at what % they were charged. This seems like a must have

Hi @glasser - this is a great suggestion, I'll make sure it gets to the managed payments product team!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 58
latest reply

@star.fighter wrote:

Hello - I was wondering if anyone got my mssg and had dealt with the problem of links leading to the wrong item?  I am out 350 dollars because of the wrong link, and i was hoping someone would at least acknowledge that i sent in the tech info.  As i said there... i have videos showing how the link malfunctioned.  I haven't tested it lately, so it may be fixed, but it would have helped to have someone confirm receipt.

@star.fighter - I am sorry we haven't seen this. Can you tag me in the post so I can review? I appreciate it!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 30 of 58
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: