cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody!

Join us here at 1 PM PT on Wednesday, April 24 for the Weekly Community Chat with eBay Staff. No set topic this week, so feel free to share your general buying and selling questions. You can review last week's chat recap here.

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques I was offered the share this item pay no sellers fees on the app about a month ago... they keep trying to get me to list using the app ( not going to happen) 

Since I do not use social media very much it I'd never make a sale that way.  I really should try to start using social media more.  

I've been selling pretty regularly for about 8 years now.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 46 of 84
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

I notice that the ability to select all the items ending today, and then end them as a group, is is no longer available.

Because of a "sale" I was able to post 100 extra freebies last night.

I will want to end most of them 30 days hence, to avoid $35 in listing fees.

I can select them manually and delete them, but until March 18th, I could just select all the items ending today and use bulk edit to end them.

I would like that capability back!

Hi @vrykalak, in Seller Hub you can sort your Active listings by End Date. This will sort Good Til Cancelled listings so the items renewing the soonest will be at the top of the list. From here, you can check mark the items you'd like to end, select the Action button, and end them in bulk. Additionally, there is a sort option in Seller Hub to only show items ending today, which would also make it easy to end these items in bulk.

If you do not have Seller Hub then you can get it here: https://www.ebay.com/sh/landing

End Date.JPG

Yes, I can select them manually. But on May 23rd, there will be 90 of them.
Admittedly, I'm using All Selling, rather than Seller Hub.
On that page, I can still select all items that are "ending today"
but when I do, the checkbox at the left has been removed,
so I can no longer select them all and end them.

@vrykalak, oh ok, that makes sense. I think the Ending Today filter in Seller Hub would be a useful feature for you then. Once it's selected, you can check mark all of the items Ending Today with one click and then end them in bulk. If you get Seller Hub then you will still have access to the All Selling page, so you won't lose that page if you want to keep using it for other tasks. 

End Date 2.JPG

Brian,
Community Team
Message 47 of 84
latest reply

This is a rollout that will occur for everyone over the coming months. Most US sellers should already have the option though! (concerning the make an offer to a watcher)

This US seller doesn't have it in SH........I do have the work around, but when should I start to gripe if it doesn't show up in SH? 

Message 48 of 84
latest reply

@Anonymous 

This past week, one of the forum members seems to recall that you had implied or stated that a listing that had free returns is given special treatment with respect to neutral or negative feedback.

Is this true?  Does a free-return listing have some added or full immunity with respect to neutral/negative feedback, in a way that is not available to listings with, say, 30-day returns or no returns?

Message 49 of 84
latest reply

Just stopped by to say hi to @Anonymous, @brian.t@ebay, alan@ebay, tyler@ebay and all eBay employees and all my ebay friends.
Hi! 👋

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 50 of 84
latest reply

Thanks, Tyler. Now try Trifari Clair de lune. I think this may better represent the key word search problem -- jewelry, music boxes, sheet music, books, etc.
Message 51 of 84
latest reply

How do I post a question here? All I see are quick reply & reply buttons. Thanks for any help.
Message 52 of 84
latest reply

@pursesbrasplusmore wrote:
How do I post a question here? All I see are quick reply & reply buttons. Thanks for any help.

You just did.  That is all there is to it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 53 of 84
latest reply

Gg. Thanks a lot, Everyone! Be back next week & see some of you at eBay Open!
Message 54 of 84
latest reply

Just hit the reply button and then type in the question.........

Message 55 of 84
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak, oh ok, that makes sense. I think the Ending Today filter in Seller Hub would be a useful feature for you then. Once it's selected, you can check mark all of the items Ending Today with one click and then end them in bulk. If you get Seller Hub then you will still have access to the All Selling page, so you won't lose that page if you want to keep using it for other tasks. 

Is that true!?! 
I thought that once I looked at Seller Hub, I was forever blocked from going back to All Selling.
I have mentioned that to several CS agents over the last few months, and none of them have disagreed with it.
If I can use both as needed, I would be thrilled beyond words!!!

Message 56 of 84
latest reply

Thanks comics, that's interesting.
Message 57 of 84
latest reply

Sorry Brian my tag is messed up. 

brian@ebay 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 58 of 84
latest reply

My store subscription was due to expire and I cancelled it yet was charged for it again

at the yearly rate which is what I had previously.  Why?

Message 59 of 84
latest reply

What is the purpose to select a solution to the Chat?  And why before the chat is even completed?  Just curious.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 60 of 84
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: