cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody!

Join us here at 1 PM PT on Wednesday, April 24 for the Weekly Community Chat with eBay Staff. No set topic this week, so feel free to share your general buying and selling questions. You can review last week's chat recap here.

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
trinton, thanks for the answer. I assume the guest was in error when she said "you don't have to pay the listing fee"? I assume she meant "the Final Value Fee"?
According to the guest " I've been on eBay since October of 2016. So it's going on my third year selling on eBay this year. "

It doesn't really sound like she's particularly new, and from her description, it certainly doesn't sound like she's an occasional seller (especially since she was on the show in the first place as something of a fashion selling expert.)

Wondering if maybe you could find out more about eligibility for this? I know I'd be happy to participate if I could.

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques, while this is typically for new and occasional sellers, some others may be eligible for this as well. I am reaching out to the appropriate team for this promotion for some more details and will update the chat once I have more details slight_smile

Message 31 of 84
latest reply

Thanks trinton.
Message 32 of 84
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

Hey Guys!!!!

how is everyone?!

ok I got a question I think it will be for Trinton because I seen him answered this before but I cant find it now 

Can you please explain  to me how a buyer is able to open a SNAD case when  the listing says "for parts only  sold as is ,NO Returns"

Hi @theshoppingmom2! 'for parts or not working' is not a catch all that absolves sellers of responsibility for accurately describing the item. There are times when an item listed as 'for parts or not working' isn't properly described and a buyer needs to return it. For example, if a cellphone is listed for parts and the seller only states the screen doesn't work. If the buyer receives it and finds the phone has water damage so none of the internal components work, this would be a valid SNAD reason since the water damage wasn't disclosed in the listing. Because situations like this can occur the Not As Described option needs to remain available for buyers. 

brian@ebay  PERFECT this is what I was looking for!!! a million thanks!!!

You're welcome, @theshoppingmom2Smiley Happy

Brian,
Community Team
Message 33 of 84
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sisterhoodofthejewel wrote:
I agree with with your concerns! GTC has caused me to institute a new tracking system taking even MORE admin time! The former system allowed me to concentrate on SELLING and not on tracking! Hope eBay revises!

Hi @sisterhoodofthejewel, can you give me some more details on what kind of tracking system you have implemented because of this change? For most sellers, the GTC format saves them time as they no longer have to go through the process of relisting an item that has ended without a sale. If you can give me some more information on what extra steps you feel you now have to do, I will be happy to look into your concerns and pass along any feedback as well.

Message 34 of 84
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

I notice that the ability to select all the items ending today, and then end them as a group, is is no longer available.

Because of a "sale" I was able to post 100 extra freebies last night.

I will want to end most of them 30 days hence, to avoid $35 in listing fees.

I can select them manually and delete them, but until March 18th, I could just select all the items ending today and use bulk edit to end them.

I would like that capability back!

Hi @vrykalak, in Seller Hub you can sort your Active listings by End Date. This will sort Good Til Cancelled listings so the items renewing the soonest will be at the top of the list. From here, you can check mark the items you'd like to end, select the Action button, and end them in bulk. Additionally, there is a sort option in Seller Hub to only show items ending today, which would also make it easy to end these items in bulk.

If you do not have Seller Hub then you can get it here: https://www.ebay.com/sh/landing

End Date.JPG

Yes, I can select them manually. But on May 23rd, there will be 90 of them.
Admittedly, I'm using All Selling, rather than Seller Hub.
On that page, I can still select all items that are "ending today"
but when I do, the checkbox at the left has been removed,
so I can no longer select them all and end them.

Message 35 of 84
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Thanks trinton.

No problem, @my-cottage-books-and-antiques!

Message 36 of 84
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

I notice that the ability to select all the items ending today, and then end them as a group, is is no longer available.

Because of a "sale" I was able to post 100 extra freebies last night.

I will want to end most of them 30 days hence, to avoid $35 in listing fees.

I can select them manually and delete them, but until March 18th, I could just select all the items ending today and use bulk edit to end them.

I would like that capability back!

Hi @vrykalak, in Seller Hub you can sort your Active listings by End Date. This will sort Good Til Cancelled listings so the items renewing the soonest will be at the top of the list. From here, you can check mark the items you'd like to end, select the Action button, and end them in bulk. Additionally, there is a sort option in Seller Hub to only show items ending today, which would also make it easy to end these items in bulk.

If you do not have Seller Hub then you can get it here: https://www.ebay.com/sh/landing

End Date.JPG

Yes, I can select them manually. But on May 23rd, there will be 90 of them.
Admittedly, I'm using All Selling, rather than Seller Hub.
On that page, I can still select all items that are "ending today"
but when I do, the checkbox at the left has been removed,
so I can no longer select them all and end them.

Sorry if I am butting in, but also in seller hub you can display just items ending today, select them all for edit or to end, etc.

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 37 of 84
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

I really miss the quick relist feature.

If you clicked on an item in the Unsold List, a mini window popped up showing title, price, format, duration...not sure what all.

If you didn't want to make any changes, or just wanted to change some of the fields shown in the mini-window, you just clicked RELIST at the bottom, and it relisted.

Then you were back at the same place in the Unsold List, to Relist the next one.

Would like that capability back.

Thanks for the feedback, @vrykalak. I'll pass it along Smiley Happy

Brian,
Community Team
Message 38 of 84
latest reply

Hi, Everyone!  

1.  Guess I need help learning how to join the Weekly Chat.  Where can I find it?

2.  Question about key word product searches.  If I search for Trifari Jewels of India (vintage designer costume jewelry items by manufacturer and collection name) I now find vintage jewelry items, current jewelry items, unrelated items -- neither jewelry nor wearable items, etc.  Is eBay going to refine the key word search to its former integrity?

3.  Good till Cancelled (GTC).  I am a small niche seller who, if using fixed price listings, find my items literally buried in a sandpile of related and unrelated items which can vary from 10 to 1200+ other items.  Does eBay have any plan to fix this inequity?

4.  Re: the ability to make offers to item "watchers".  HOOOORRRAAAAYYYY!  A GREAT idea that has generated 5 extra sales for me!  PLEASE keep it.  BUT

a)  When will it be universally available (as opposed to being "tested")?

b)  What determines which listings are chosen for the offers? (My more expensive items do not seem to be available for making offers, but the lower priced ones are).

c)  We need to know to whom we are making an offer.  e.g., I made blind offers and then 3 days later one of the offerees contacted me about lowering the price.  I thought she was talking about the listed price, not realizing she had received a lower offer from me.  When I replied accordingly, she stated I'd given her a lower price earlier and since the current offer was higher than the first offer, she didn't want it.  Embarrassing.

Thank you!  Please, if this is the wrong format for these questions/comments, please, please forward to the appropriate party.  Mahalo (thanks)

Aloha @sisterhoodofthejewel! Responses to your questions below:

1. You found it! This is the weekly chat. 🙂

2.  I'm not certain exactly what you're referring to - when I search for the keywords 'Trifari Jewels of India' I find 77 results (screenshot below) and they seem to be relevant to the categories (wearable, etc). Let me know how you're doing that search and I'll see what I can do to help.

3. We believe that the Good 'Til Cancelled duration is going to be the best way for your items to gain traction, both on eBay and from external search engines. There is not a plan to reverse that decision. 

4. I'm so glad that you like it!

1. A. This is a rollout that will occur for everyone over the coming months. Most US sellers should already have the option though!
  2. B.  In order to send offers the item must be listed for at least 5 days. Historically they could only be for single quantity listings, but I've seen that expand recently. 
  3. C. The offer can be sent to the last 10 (the most recent) watchers of your item. At this time, the you cannot choose which watchers get the offer, though there are plans to expand that in the future.

Thanks, and welcome!

***Edit to add screenshot******Edit to add screenshot***

Tyler,
eBay
Message 39 of 84
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

Buyer wants to return item because of fit, auto accepted, free label sent. Buyer informs me that they cant print label. I have them contact cs. Cs closes return and starts a case for not as described. Freaked out i call cs they tell me not to worry and place case on hold. I come on here and explain and you tell me not to worry.

Yesterday case is closed in favor of buyer refund issued to buyer through my funds. Call cs again explain the situation. They agree something went wrong. Case is changed in my favor and im told dont worry you dont owe them anymore we will pay for the item. Next day im still out the money and the item. Buyer gets free item a refund from me and a refund from ebay.

Not only does buyer get to keep an item that doesnt fit she gets a refund from me and from ebay (she doubled her money because she cant print a label). Im out money and item and im still not convinced this will not affect my seller metrics.

This was a simple return that was auto accepted now im sitting here with rotten egg on my face. Ive done everything you asked from free returns to auto accepted returns and this is how it ended

buyer made money and gets a free item. Im left in the cold no money no item and a possible metric hit all because im trying to comply with what you say works

cs reps were polite, understood the language and were easy to understand im glad you fixed those problems

this situation may be rare but those should be the easiest to fix. Its very frustrating to do everything your told to do and still come out on the short end

Very interesting.  I've been told since the Service Metrics started that a CSR can't change a SNAD to a BR claim.  But from this posting it appears they can change a BR to a SNAD??!??  What?  Why?  OH NO!

Hi @mam98031, while we cannot change the reason that a buyer selected for a return, if eBay is asked to step in we will take appropriate action on the return request based on the information we have available. If the buyer has indicated when opening the return that the item was not described accurately, then we will support this. If the buyer opened the return for a remorse reason, but we can clearly see that they have indicated the item they received did not match the description, then we will also address the return as a SNAD. 

The reason we do not change a not as described return to remorse based on the messaging from the buyer is due to a history of this leading to incorrect case decisions more often than not. Validating that the buyer is asserting the item is not described accurately is much easier to do than invalidating their claim that the item was not described accurately with 100% confidence. Barring a statement from the buyer of "Nothing is wrong with this, I just don't want to pay for shipping," or "Sorry, I picked the wrong reason - I just changed my  mind", we would trust the return reason selected. In situations where a remorse reason is selected, but the buyer clearly states, "I got a different item than what I ordered" or "This doesn't fit based on the measurements in your listing", we would also still consider these valid not as described claims.

In the end, we just ask that sellers address the concern their buyer has raised. If the buyer says the item they received was not described accurately, either in the return reason or their messages, the seller should provide return shipping compensation and provide a full refund.

Well now how completely UNFAIR that statement is.  I realize it is Ebay's position and may not be your position, but you are saying they can change a BR to a SNAD when the facts warrant it so why is it that they WON'T change a SNAD to a BR when the facts warrant it.

It appears Ebay is trying to have it both ways here.  I've argued the point many times with you and others.  The come back is typically it is NOT CLEAR.  The buyer's intent was NOT CLEAR, even if they state that the item didn't fit in their comments yet filed a SNAD.  But now it IS CLEAR that if when they file a BR and they check the box for doesn't fit, but then maybe say something like it doesn't fit due to the neck area being sewn incorrectly [I'm just making this up as I go], that IS CLEAR to Ebay so they can change the BR to a SNAD.  

What makes the actions of Ebay any more correct just because it benefits the buyer to make this change?  What makes it any less an incorrect decision?  Because it benefits the buyer and supports the Service Metrics????

Sometimes common sense should play into this process and honestly it appears to me that in many cases that has been thrown out the window.  I've shared with you a store of a buyer that filed a SNAD that should have been a BR yet there is/was zero support from Ebay to do this.  Ebay's own records prove the buyer was incorrect as did the buyer's comments and the pics the buyer supplies.  EVERYTHING shown proved that the buyer received EXACTLY what the listing stated and the purchase record and payment record reflected.  Further supported by the pic that the BUYER supplied. Yet for Ebay it wasn't clear so the SNAD stood.

Honestly Ebay needs to be / do BETTER!!!!!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 40 of 84
latest reply

Thanks, Trinton, but brian.t's response to vrykalak, above, resolved the problem! Kudos to both of you!
Message 41 of 84
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with with your concerns! GTC has caused me to institute a new tracking system taking even MORE admin time! The former system allowed me to concentrate on SELLING and not on tracking! Hope eBay revises!

Hi @sisterhoodofthejewel, can you give me some more details on what kind of tracking system you have implemented because of this change? For most sellers, the GTC format saves them time as they no longer have to go through the process of relisting an item that has ended without a sale. If you can give me some more information on what extra steps you feel you now have to do, I will be happy to look into your concerns and pass along any feedback as well.

While I have not created any new tracking methods because of GTC, I do make sure to check every morning for Fixed Price items that are Ending Today, and deliberately end them before they can renew.
There may be a few that I don't mind renewing, but the vast majority of the items I list have a specific time value, and it ends when the listing has run for 30 days.

Message 42 of 84
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@wooden_flower wrote:

I have a strange one for you today.

Every day I download a report of my account transactions - I use the FVF transactions to verify that I have recorded all items sold in my personal inventory control.

For the past few weeks, not all of the transactions appear in the downloaded report. At first I thought they were missing from the account activity, but then I realized that the sum of the downloaded items does not agree with the amount charged to my account.

I know this is hard to picture, but can you send my problem to the folks who would be able to figure out why, after downloading the daily activity every day for 10 years, some of the transactions refuse to appear on the download?

thanks!

Sue

Hi @wooden_flower!

Okay, this one is boggling my mind a bit. Is this from the Seller Hub screen or your 'All Account Activity' page? Knowing that will help me pin down who to get this to.  

Yes, odd, isn't it?  This is the download from the all account activity page.

If you have someone contact me, I can send them today's download, and point out a transaction or 2 that are not included.

thanks!

Sue

This is helpful @wooden_flower - Keep an eye out for my  message!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 43 of 84
latest reply

Wife's account.

Buyer opens an INR.   Tracking is uploaded showing delivery. 

CS is called to have the case closed in seller's favor. Case is closed in the seller's favor with message from eBay saying no refund to buyer, and this will not affect the seller account.

PayPal account checked. Funds are in seller account in green with a +. All good there.

Go to sold. Shows $$$ refunded. No problem eBay apparently gave the buyer a "courtesy" refund.

Now the fun part:

Seller performance metrics now show as "high" for INR stats as the INR for an item that was delivered now counts against the seller in direct conflict with the message sent by eBay.

Now to an even better thing:

Seller's Hub now shows the purchase is eligible to have a UPI opened against the buyer.

We can handle both things, but just seems like things are amiss.

Message 44 of 84
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Another member started a thread with a question I find quite interesting.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/What-is-the-Correct-Condition-To-Use-On-My-Listings/m-p/297499...

Can a seller use the condition of an item as NEW when it is a handmade item with some or all of the materials to make the creation are recycled materials?

Hi @mam98031!

This is an interesting question! Ultimately if the seller is creating a new item out of the original components it would still be considered new, just as a table made from plastic water bottles would still be considered new. 

Tagging @mcdougle4248 who the thread was for. 🙂 

Thank You Tyler Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 84
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: