cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 18th from 1pm Pacific - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Please join The Community Team here on Wed April 18th at 1 pm Pacific for a one hour Q&A chat. We do not have a set topic, so please share your buying & selling questions.

Chat with you then sunglasses

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

@Anonymous wrote:

@mg152 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mg152 wrote:
How is Trinton doing? We are thinking about him, praying & sending good vibes to him.

Hi @mg152, I'm doing much better! Antibiotics have been very effective haha!

Thank you so much for your good vibes slight_smile

That’s great! I didn’t realize you were here. I’m glad you’re back. Gotta love modern medicine. 😀

I don’t really have any issues but a funny story.

you all know we moved in November which makes this even funnier to me anyway.

i was getting my laundry out of my closet when something hit me in the head. I picked it up & it was an unopened eBay package from March 2017. At that time you’ll remember my inlaws were both dying so I guess I put it somewhere & forgot about it. I messaged the seller & she thought it was hilarious too. I have bought from her several times before & since March 2017. People on social networking didn’t think it was funny at all. Some people have no sense of humor. I can’t figure out how it got into the top of my closet that I’ve had 5 months though. Ghosts? 😂😂😂😂

It wont let me post a pic of the label with the date

HI @mg152, that is too funny! I've found similar things when cleaning out closets and when moving - most recently I found my spare key fob for a leased car I had just turned in. I saved $300 by turning it before the manufacturer picked up the car from the dealership! The best part is I'm sure I put it into the box I did and thought, "This is a smart place to put this unless I forget about it." laughing

😂😂😂 That’s hilarious! I’m glad you found it in time.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 31 of 64
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@selsa84 wrote:

Ive been getting offers on items but when i click on the offer the offer isnt there. Called Ebay CS 20 times now and was given a ref number but every time i call they say they have to do an investigation or inquiry but 2 months later its still happeneing nearly every day.

Hi @selsa84 - that's really frustrating! I'd like to take a closer look, I'll be reaching out to you directly in a few moments for more information.

Is it possible that the offer expired before you noticed it?
Offers expire after 48 hours...but the notice stays there until the listing ends.
(I have found that very frustrating myself. I get all excited when I see the notice of an offer, but if it expired, or if I already replied, the notice is still there until the listing ends.)

Message 32 of 64
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

alan@ebay

gawddd  I just went to the first link but it does not give me anything except  a photo

what am I  doing wrong?

Hi @theshoppingmom2,

The broadcast is currently being archived and will be available for viewing on-demand in a couple of hours.

Thanks.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 33 of 64
latest reply

That’s what I was wondering because I accepted an offer minutes after it was made last week & it said I had 54 minutes to respond. That’s only 1 hour. Glitch?

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 34 of 64
latest reply

I also have a question about the upcoming Free Return program.

For some of the things I sell, like the craft stuff, I don't have too much of a problem offering the program.  But on my fragrances not so much.

My concern is that since Ebay will allow my customers to open and try out a fragrance and still return it to me as if it were new and sealed, what is to prevent a buyer from purchasing multiple fragrances, try them all out and then return all or some of their purchase?

What will protect a seller from this?  This could bankrupt small sellers in short order if it happened too often.  Because while Ebay considers the item still in new condition, the seller can not.  It is now a used item and can not be sold as new.  Which makes if value significantly less than it was when purchased.

I know Ebay has said they will be tracking buyers that use the return system too much.  But by the time Ebay has caught up to the buyer for misuse of the system, several sellers could be left in their wake of distruction.

As a seller of fragrances I can not guarantee to anyone that they will enjoy any given fragrance.  Not just because it is an internet sale, but because it is completely a personal subjective decision.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 35 of 64
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

Good afternoon Everyone.

In the new Auto return system Ebay started back in October of last year, I find what I consider to be a serious flaw in how it is intentionally programed that I find very concerning as a seller.

I require a RMA number on all returns and I have my return preferences set up to do that.  So when a Request gets filed, before Ebay can auto issue a label, I can lay eyes on the Request and respond to my buyer if I choose to before something gets shipped back.   

This has come in handy for me as I've been able to divert an actual return because my customers problem was easily resolved without it.  Everyone went away happy.

No with that said, the concerning part of this process for me comes after I assign my RMA.  Once I do that, I can NO LONGER communicate with my customer inside the Request.  To me that makes no sense.  Ebay is forcing me to communicate with my customer outside of the Request or Claim and that just should not happen.  I'm a firm believe that once a Request is open that ALL communication should be within that Request for good records and less misunderstandings.  But for some reason Ebay does not see it the same way.  My question is WHY?

A quick example is after I assign a RMA, I send a note to my customer asking them to put a copy of the packing slip or a note in the package noting their Ebay ID and the RMA number.  But with the program written the way it is, I have to do that BEFORE I assign the number and that doesn't make sense.

Of course other things could happen during the processing of the Request that communication becomes important, but I can't do it inside the Request.  WHY?

Hi @mam98031, this is a great callout and I'm happy to get this over to the appropriate teams. I definitely think that there is value in continuing to provide a messaging option, as the buyer may have followup questions for you regarding the RMA and the messages you are looking to send would be helpful to include.

Do you happen to have an example or screenshots of your options before and after? This won't be strictly necessary, but if you happen to have them I can share them in my report. If you do have them, feel free to send them over to me via email with a link to this post slight_smile

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

alan@ebay Oh thank goodness ... it was not  me   or my computer

but I do have another question... on the second link you game  me  there is nothing about printing a scan sheet from bulk editor... maybe I am missing it ( I do need to get a new eyegalss Rx)

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 37 of 64
latest reply

They are just offers that arent there, itll say i have 2 offers and i click on them and there are no offers. They are not expired offers it is a glitch.
Message 38 of 64
latest reply

@all1by wrote:

Hi,

I recently ran into a problem with returning a damaged item to an international seller. 

The return instructions on the return details page are as follows: 

"Send the item back

Be sure to send it back by Month Date. If you don't, we might close your return and there's a chance you won't get a refund. The seller's responsible for return shipping charges, so you can ask for a return shipping label. If you have to purchase one, we'll ask the seller to reimburse you."

This is a little vague, and actually incorrect for international sellers.

This is the actual policy, paraphrased by another community member: "The seller is NOT required to provide a label. They are required to PAY for return shipping--whether it be by issuing a label or sending the funds for a label through paypal. On an international purchase, the seller cannot issue a label and neither can ebay. If the seller does not issue a label or send the buyer funds, then the buyer can get ebay involved by asking them to step in. The buyer also has the choice of paying for return shipping & being reimbursed by the seller. If the seller instructs the buyer to pay & promises to reimburse them, the buyer can get a courtesy refund from ebay if the seller doesn't follow through."

International sellers are not able to issue a return label because US postal companies won't let them.  I spoke with 3 different eBay customer service representatives on the phone, and they all stated that the seller must provide the return label. This confusion caused conflict and stress between the seller and I. I ended up having to ship the item myself, but to one of his associates in the US. 

Is it possible to have the return instructions on the return details page edited to more closely reflect eBay's actual policy regarding shipping an item back, particularly with regard to international sellers, tracking requirements, etc.?

Thanks

Yay! You made it to the chat! Excellent suggestions 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 39 of 64
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

For some of the things I sell, like the craft stuff, I don't have too much of a problem offering the program.  But on my fragrances not so much.

My concern is that since Ebay will allow my customers to open and try out a fragrance and still return it to me as if it were new and sealed, what is to prevent a buyer from purchasing multiple fragrances, try them all out and then return all or some of their purchase?

What will protect a seller from this?  This could bankrupt small sellers in short order if it happened too often.  Because while Ebay considers the item still in new condition, the seller can not.  It is now a used item and can not be sold as new.  Which makes if value significantly less than it was when purchased.

I know Ebay has said they will be tracking buyers that use the return system too much.  But by the time Ebay has caught up to the buyer for misuse of the system, several sellers could be left in their wake of distruction.

As a seller of fragrances I can not guarantee to anyone that they will enjoy any given fragrance.  Not just because it is an internet sale, but because it is completely a personal subjective decision.

I don’t return things very often especially not open used stuff. Just wanna put that out there.

Ive smelled perfume on people & thought it smelled great so I’ll buy it. I try it out & it smells awful on me. Not so much these days because of testers but years ago. I wasted a lot of money. Smell is not supposed to be SNAD.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 40 of 64
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

alan@ebay Oh thank goodness ... it was not  me   or my computer

but I do have another question... on the second link you game  me  there is nothing about printing a scan sheet from bulk editor... maybe I am missing it ( I do need to get a new eyegalss Rx)

I said that we will be posting an article by the end of the week. It's not there yet....

grinning

Message 41 of 64
latest reply

Hi Jen! 😀
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 42 of 64
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Good afternoon Everyone.

In the new Auto return system Ebay started back in October of last year, I find what I consider to be a serious flaw in how it is intentionally programed that I find very concerning as a seller.

I require a RMA number on all returns and I have my return preferences set up to do that.  So when a Request gets filed, before Ebay can auto issue a label, I can lay eyes on the Request and respond to my buyer if I choose to before something gets shipped back.   

This has come in handy for me as I've been able to divert an actual return because my customers problem was easily resolved without it.  Everyone went away happy.

No with that said, the concerning part of this process for me comes after I assign my RMA.  Once I do that, I can NO LONGER communicate with my customer inside the Request.  To me that makes no sense.  Ebay is forcing me to communicate with my customer outside of the Request or Claim and that just should not happen.  I'm a firm believe that once a Request is open that ALL communication should be within that Request for good records and less misunderstandings.  But for some reason Ebay does not see it the same way.  My question is WHY?

A quick example is after I assign a RMA, I send a note to my customer asking them to put a copy of the packing slip or a note in the package noting their Ebay ID and the RMA number.  But with the program written the way it is, I have to do that BEFORE I assign the number and that doesn't make sense.

Of course other things could happen during the processing of the Request that communication becomes important, but I can't do it inside the Request.  WHY?

Hi @mam98031, this is a great callout and I'm happy to get this over to the appropriate teams. I definitely think that there is value in continuing to provide a messaging option, as the buyer may have followup questions for you regarding the RMA and the messages you are looking to send would be helpful to include.

Do you happen to have an example or screenshots of your options before and after? This won't be strictly necessary, but if you happen to have them I can share them in my report. If you do have them, feel free to send them over to me via email with a link to this post slight_smile

I do not have screen shots.  That would have made way too much sense to do at the time.  LOL  

With that said, it is by design, not glitch.  

I reported this last year and I'm confident you guys got this over to the right team then as you said you would.  But we are many months into it and it remains the same.  This tells me that Ebay does not see it as something as important as I do.

Message 43 of 64
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

I don’t return things very often especially not open used stuff. Just wanna put that out there.

Ive smelled perfume on people & thought it smelled great so I’ll buy it. I try it out & it smells awful on me. Not so much these days because of testers but years ago. I wasted a lot of money. Smell is not supposed to be SNAD.

You and I certainly agree, but unfortunately Ebay does not.

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

We talked last time about the RETURN THIS ITEM button replacing the LEAVE FEEDBACK button. I didn't see any resolution.

I just looked at my Summary page, and every item I ordered AND RECEIVED has the big, ugly RETURN THIS ITEM button on it. That's terrible! Please get it changed back.

Message 45 of 64
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: