cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 18th from 1pm Pacific - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Please join The Community Team here on Wed April 18th at 1 pm Pacific for a one hour Q&A chat. We do not have a set topic, so please share your buying & selling questions.

Chat with you then sunglasses

*Keep in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful posts will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The thread is open for replies.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

Hey,
I was wondering if there are any plans to make it possible to send invoices to buyers via the mobile app or if there are any work around for it.
Thanks
Message 3 of 64
latest reply

The is regarding ebay's new feature "your items are waiting in buyers carts" or "these items are being watched by buyers.

I would like to suggest to the team that is handling that test that it would be nice instead of having us alter the listing to "lower the price by 5%". Ebay should give us a button to offer it directly to those buyers without having to alter the listing.

I would very much like to use the feature but it does not seem to work well with markdown manager. It would be better if it were to allow us to send anonymously an additional 5% offer in the "your deal just got better" email similar to the "send buyer and offer". If this was done that new feather would be much more effective.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

A few weeks back, we talked about misleading emails eBay sent out, saying a purchase had shipped, when all that really happened was that the seller printed a shipping label. If this is still happening...

I suggest the email be changed to say exactly what the USPS website says when you look up the tracking number:
The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier.

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Hi,

I recently ran into a problem with returning a damaged item to an international seller. 

The return instructions on the return details page are as follows: 

"Send the item back

Be sure to send it back by Month Date. If you don't, we might close your return and there's a chance you won't get a refund. The seller's responsible for return shipping charges, so you can ask for a return shipping label. If you have to purchase one, we'll ask the seller to reimburse you."

This is a little vague, and actually incorrect for international sellers.

This is the actual policy, paraphrased by another community member: "The seller is NOT required to provide a label. They are required to PAY for return shipping--whether it be by issuing a label or sending the funds for a label through paypal. On an international purchase, the seller cannot issue a label and neither can ebay. If the seller does not issue a label or send the buyer funds, then the buyer can get ebay involved by asking them to step in. The buyer also has the choice of paying for return shipping & being reimbursed by the seller. If the seller instructs the buyer to pay & promises to reimburse them, the buyer can get a courtesy refund from ebay if the seller doesn't follow through."

International sellers are not able to issue a return label because US postal companies won't let them.  I spoke with 3 different eBay customer service representatives on the phone, and they all stated that the seller must provide the return label. This confusion caused conflict and stress between the seller and I. I ended up having to ship the item myself, but to one of his associates in the US. 

Is it possible to have the return instructions on the return details page edited to more closely reflect eBay's actual policy regarding shipping an item back, particularly with regard to international sellers, tracking requirements, etc.?

Thanks

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

How is Trinton doing? We are thinking about him, praying & sending good vibes to him.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 7 of 64
latest reply

@cnjsurplus wrote:
Hey,
I was wondering if there are any plans to make it possible to send invoices to buyers via the mobile app or if there are any work around for it.
Thanks

Hi @cnjsurplus! Nothing currently on that update for the app, but you can access the full site from the 'Classic Site' view on a mobile browser, which would allow you to send an invoice. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vrykalak wrote:

A few weeks back, we talked about misleading emails eBay sent out, saying a purchase had shipped, when all that really happened was that the seller printed a shipping label. If this is still happening...

I suggest the email be changed to say exactly what the USPS website says when you look up the tracking number:
The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier.

Hi @vrykalak, thanks for the suggestion! We've heard this feedback before and have passe it along to the appropriate teams. This is something that is on their radar for possible future enhancements. Definitely let us know if you have heard from one of your customers about this issue so we can pass along examples.

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

When does ebay plan to start releasing new information on its new integrated payment processing? When can we expect to know the fee structure, information regarding 1099-K's, and how it will be offered at checkout, as well as how we will be transitioning away from paypal? After the transition will ebay still offer seller protection from unauthorized payments and items not received claims when tracking shows otherwise?
Message 10 of 64
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mg152 wrote:
How is Trinton doing? We are thinking about him, praying & sending good vibes to him.

Hi @mg152, I'm doing much better! Antibiotics have been very effective haha!

Thank you so much for your good vibes slight_smile

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

Hi everyone!!!!

A lot of sellers do not know how to print a scan sheet  and right now some post offices around the country are telling sellers they will not be able to scan each package  at drop off but if they were to have a scan sheet they can  get that scanned. 

I have already contacted the shipping team in regards to that since postal employees should not say or refuse to scan packages and someone from that team is already handling that

My request is maybe do a video  to show sellers exactly how to get a scan sheet for multiple packages... or do we have such video already?

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 12 of 64
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:
When does ebay plan to start releasing new information on its new integrated payment processing? When can we expect to know the fee structure, information regarding 1099-K's, and how it will be offered at checkout, as well as how we will be transitioning away from paypal? After the transition will ebay still offer seller protection from unauthorized payments and items not received claims when tracking shows otherwise?

Hi @coinslabz26,

We will begin payments intermediation on a small scale starting in the second half of 2018. The information you're asking about hasn't been shared yet. Our advice is to keep an eye on eBay.com/payments for the latest updates.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@cnjsurplus wrote:
Hey,
Thanks

Hi @cnjsurplus! Nothing currently on that update for the app, but you can access the full site from the 'Classic Site' view on a mobile browser, which would allow you to send an invoice. Thanks!

During the Hurricanes I had problems using ebay feathers from the app. If you have an iphone you can use a web browser to access ebay.com then from the tool bar at the bottom hit the square with the up arrow. Slide the slider to the left and find "request desktop site" and you will be able to use ebay the same way you would on a computer. Windows phones have similar options but not sure how to guide you there without one in hand.

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

Ive been getting offers on items but when i click on the offer the offer isnt there. Called Ebay CS 20 times now and was given a ref number but every time i call they say they have to do an investigation or inquiry but 2 months later its still happeneing nearly every day.

Message 15 of 64
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: