cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop ebay from opening new tabs

when i'm doing some searches. every item i click on opens a new tab. it's FREAKING REDICULOUS !!!!!  How do i stop this. i've been looking for days now but cant find anything.

Message 1 of 149
latest reply
148 REPLIES 148

CHROME SITE SETTINGS: block "motion sensors"

Who would have thought this could be the problem! I've tried everything else and nothing worked until I blocked "motion sensors" voila, now Ebay opens in same window and I can click back to previous page!

Message 136 of 149
latest reply

Thanks quino, that did it. Much appreciated. That "SH double toothpick" was driving me insane, just like youtube and their stupid are you sure you want to leave when ypu click on a posted link.

Message 137 of 149
latest reply

Thank You!!! I would have never found this option on my own.

Message 138 of 149
latest reply

IDIOT

Message 139 of 149
latest reply

Same issue here, lets stop using eBay until they notice what they did is annoying.

I'll start the lead.

Message 140 of 149
latest reply

There is a very simple solution I found on Youtube
link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4LQiKd_oNE

Message 141 of 149
latest reply

@orsilr you are the best, this has been frustrating me forever, no longer!

Message 142 of 149
latest reply

Yes!! That's it!!! Thank youuuuu!!!!!do a fake search to get menudo a fake search to get menu

Message 143 of 149
latest reply

It's a sneaky marketing tool to remind you of eBay (and the thing you were  searching for) when you're closing windows. Lame, but it probably works well enough to keep.

Message 144 of 149
latest reply

YES, GET RID OF THIS CORPORATE DELEGATED FEATURE!!!!!   These are exactly the reasons why eeeeeBay is being HATED more and MOOOOORE!!!!!!!

Message 145 of 149
latest reply

YES eBAY, GET RID OF THIS CORPORATE DELEGATED FEATURE!!!!!   These are exactly the reasons why eeeeeBay is being HATED more and MOOOOORE!!!!!!!

Message 146 of 149
latest reply

swimgym58 has found the solution. Once you search something on the right hand side next to the options for newly listed, ect click on the box and you will see "customize" then you can remove this annoying setting. 

Message 147 of 149
latest reply

that option does NOT work, it wont save those settings to apply them on my end atleast

Message 148 of 149
latest reply

mine was doing the same thing - I have trend micro - I turned off pay guard - solved the issue 

Message 149 of 149
latest reply