cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay hangs computer with "out of memory at line 1" plus

The obvious change that causes an "intermittent"  new display format for an item and the seeming confusion of the system to determine what to do next causes the entire computer to hang up solidly, also issues the "out of memory at liine 1" message repetively, no recourse but to "X" the page/screen and maybe even restart.  Dump the new "intermittent " format, put back the old code, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

where/how are you seeing this?  What browser/system/mobile/desktop? 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'm in My Ebay watch list, trying to view an item that's on my list, sometimes when I actually get to it it is in a completely new font/format, sometimes in the "normal" one, the message re: out of memory is in a pop up window on the screen, when you x it or cancel it, it just keeps on coming like the Energizer bunny.  I'm on an HP 110-124 desktop, using MSN Premium, MSN Explorer Version 11.61.0064.1300, been using MSN (and accessing Ebay) for over 10 years. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Same thing here. Can't do a search on Ebay for more than 30 to 40 minutes without getting an "Out Of Memory" message.

Ebay is using your computer memory!

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I also use MSN Premium and have problems with it outside of Ebay but I like the convenience of having all my email addresses in one place.

That is not the problem here.

I have also been getting the "Out Of Memory" window more recently. My Computer freezes and I have to close out and restart. I notice if I disconnect my modum the message stops but only until it's plugged back in again. That tells me that Ebay is using my memory.

I have a program on my computer that shows how the memory is used. It has been recently showing that Window Explorer (Which I don't use) is racking up hundreds of thousand and close to a million KB usage on my computer in 30 to 40 minutes.

No other program that I have on my computer does that!

I have research this. What I have found is that Ebay is using Flash Cookies that you can't block (or even see) and they access and use your memory.

I search around other sites to find information on this.

------------------------------------------

~The result of shielding men from their follies is filling the world with fools.~

~ There are as many paths as there are people to walk them, and that each person is the best judge of which path they will walk at any given time.~
Message 5 of 5
latest reply