cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Website Issues on Google Chrome

Has anyone else had problems with the website using Google Chrome? I click on a link, such as Scheduled Listings, and I sometimes get what looks like an unfinished web page.  I'll have to hit the back button and try again, then the correct page will show up.  This also happens on a search for items, and several other link buttons.  

This has been happening for at least a week, if not more.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay Website Issues on Google Chrome

If a page loads with a lot of unformatted, left justified text and a few large icons, that is usually a sign of style sheets not loading correctly.

Try holding down the shift key and hitting the refresh button.

If the problem keeps happening, try viewing the page in another browser. If the page loads fine in another browser, try clearing your cache "for all time" in Chrome, and possibly try manually deleting your eBay cookies.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

If a page loads with a lot of unformatted, left justified text and a few large icons, that is usually a sign of style sheets not loading correctly.

Try holding down the shift key and hitting the refresh button.

If the problem keeps happening, try viewing the page in another browser. If the page loads fine in another browser, try clearing your cache "for all time" in Chrome, and possibly try manually deleting your eBay cookies.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Clear your browser caches or use eBay extension from Google Web store. A Chrome extension that sorts eBay ™ search results by popularity (number of sales). Automatically activates when you search all eBay websites globally. A built-in toggle makes it possible to enable / disable extensions.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

serious lag with this site using chrome lately (almost a week now), no other sites affected just ebay 😞

Many times doesn't load at all and have to retry or save listings to get things posted or bids

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I cleared my cache "For All Time" and so far things are working fine.  I'll see if the pages continue to load correctly.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

You are welcome -- glad to hear that helped!

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

serious lag with this site using chrome lately (almost a week now), no other sites affected just ebay

Many times doesn't load at all and have to retry or save listings to get things posted or bids

This sounds like a different issue than the original poster's. When do you experience this "lag"? What sorts of things are you doing, and how does this "lag" appear?

Do you have the same issue when using another browser? If not, that usually indicates a problem with your Chrome setup. Possible things to look at include cache, cookies, settings, add-ons, or your version number.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

It isn't all the time, but often. No other sites seem to be any slower, only ebay.  Again on & off which sorta counts out much but the site itself having issues of some sort. This is also on 2 different computers same issue. If it were net connection, why would any of the other sites we use be fine?

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

If the problem were on eBay's end, would you not expect others to experience the same issue?

Can you explain what "lag" you are experiencing, exactly? Which things seem to be slow?

For a while my eBay account Site Preferences page was very slow to load -- typically taking sixty seconds to appear -- but other than that I have not noticed any particularly slow loading pages recently.

Any difference if you use another browser?

Many things might cause an individual site to load slowly -- cache issues, browser settings issues, cookie issues, add-ons or extension conflicts. An ad blocking program with an overly broad custom filter might cause problems, for instance. An antivirus program that has misidentified a site feature as a malicious program might cause a problem. A network blockage somewhere between you and eBay could slow things down but might not necessarily affect other sites.

If the problem occurs on a second device or computer, that would rule out many issues, but not necessarily those that involved common factors that are the same on both devices, or common network equipment. An ethernet switch with a bad routing table could cause all sorts of problems; rebooting common network devices might shake things loose.

In addition, there are things like adware or malware that can cause problems. Some adware is triggered by going to certain popular sites like eBay or Yahoo, and then various ads attempt to load. If the ad does not load properly, that can slow things way down. A scan of your computer with something like adwcleaner by malwarebytes might be worth a try.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Chrome just had a big update recently, and after that, I've been experiencing issues with eBay.

Chrome did update the eBay app. 

It's almost like it is set up for a smartphone, and not a Chromebook.

I have older bookmarks on eBay, and when I click the bookmark,

I'm sent to the older ebay correlating page, but when I click anything on my right side of eBay,

say saved sellers, there's like a buffer and I am redirected to the newer eBay page,

which lags. 

I think it's in the eBay update with the chrome app.

I don't like the newer one. I had much better searches and no lags with this new one from chrome.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Yup, it's in the chrome extension itself.

Why, cause when I click eBay everything's fine.

I am directed to my eBay page, but when I click myeBay on the right side of my page,

I get the buffered redirect, and I see the eBay app/extension icon pop up at the bottom

of Chromebook toolbar.

So when chrome updated, that's when this happened.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

It sounds like eBay links in Chrome are automatically being directed to the eBay app. You should be able to disable that so that eBay browser links open Chrome rather than the eBay app.

The last time I used a Chromebook, the following worked to change the default app behavior:

Open Chromebook Settings, scroll down to Google Play Store and select it. Select "Manage Android Preferences". From there go to Apps: eBay: Open by default: Open supported links and choose: "Don't open in this app". Then back out of the settings and you should be all set.

Or else, open Chromebook Settings, and select Apps. Select "Manage your Apps". From there go to eBay: More Settings: Advanced: Open by default: Open supported links: "Don't open in this app".

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Worked for me on my Chromebook, Chromebook has always worked so l think Ebay are the culprit 

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Worked for me on my Chromebook, Chromebook has always worked so l think Ebay are the culprit

Check your settings; settings may have changed due to an update. Make sure you have the latest version of the eBay app, if you have it set up to open eBay browser links in the app automatically -- or else change the setting so that browser links open in the browser. Or try a different browser.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

This sucks get me back the classic view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 35
latest reply