cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay feel they need to provide us with links to politics.

I went into my account to track a shipment. To my surprise there is an article about Crooked Hillary. I don't care if it was about how poorly Trump has done so far this year. This is website should be concentrating on selling and buying products. There is no need to this kind of unrelated **bleep**. I can get that on any website, any TV station I turn on.

Is it because eBay is losing sales to Amazon? Then eBay should look to Amazon as a model of selling. Is it because WalMart is catching up. Then go to the Walmart website and look at their model.

Neither one adds useless onesided news articles. 

Aren't we divided enough in this country? Does this bring in revenue stream? Is there a purpuse to this at all?

My comment is eBay should dtick to it's guiding principles and concentrate on selling, not providing useless news. 

If not they will become more marginalized and Amazon and Walmart will capture more of this business. That will leave eBay for buying used products and then that leaves Craigslist.

My comment, persoanl view but eBay is been headed in the wrong direction for awhile

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Why does eBay feel they need to provide us with links to politics.

I agree. What garbage!

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Maybe they are trying to get on the Facebook trend, rather than the other two you mentioned. 

I am not what you think I am. You are what you think I am.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@aanicolas1wrote:

I went into my account to track a shipment. To my surprise there is an article about Crooked Hillary. I don't care if it was about how poorly Trump has done so far this year. This is website should be concentrating on selling and buying products. There is no need to this kind of unrelated **bleep**. I can get that on any website, any TV station I turn on.

Is it because eBay is losing sales to Amazon? Then eBay should look to Amazon as a model of selling. Is it because WalMart is catching up. Then go to the Walmart website and look at their model.

Aren't we divided enough in this country? Does this bring in revenue stream? Is there a purpuse to this at all?

My comment is eBay should dtick to it's guiding principles and concentrate on selling, not providing useless news. 

If not they will become more marginalized and Amazon and Walmart will capture more of this business. That will leave eBay for buying used products and then that leaves Craigslist.

My comment, persoanl view but eBay is been headed in the wrong direction for awhile

@aanicolas1 eBay isn't putting political articles/links in your account ~ you have picked up malware.  Run a malware and virus scan and then sign up for an ad block app.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Barnes and Noble has a coffee shop in their store for customers to relax and talk between shopping. I see the chat boards as much the same thing.

Even McDonald's has their regulars who sit and talk long after they've finished their meal.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@aanicolas1wrote:

@aanicolas1 eBay isn't putting political articles/links in your account ~ you have picked up malware.  Run a malware and virus scan and then sign up for an ad block app.

Agreed! This isn't something that we'd send, @aanicolas1

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

alan@ebay

This is in my ebay messages. Link doesn't work. Is there a game, or not? 

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.59.44 PM.png

I am not what you think I am. You are what you think I am.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@tcmsecretpsid wrote:

alan@ebay

This is in my ebay messages. Link doesn't work. Is there a game, or not? 

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.59.44 PM.png

Hi @tcmsecretpsid,

Your post is off-topic, can you start a new thread re this?

Thanks!

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@sheba* wrote:

Hi @sheba*,

Not sure why it was moved to The Soapbox, I'll follow up with the moderation team. I've moved it back to the Community Platform Feedback board.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Thanks!!!!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@sheba* wrote:

Hi @sheba*,

Not sure why it was moved to The Soapbox, I'll follow up with the moderation team. I've moved it back to the Community Platform Feedback board.

Thanks!

Why is this topic here in the Community Platform Feedback forum? Nothing to do with this forum.

Move it to the Technical Issues where many similar posts about malware are posted. I know it is not a Technical Issues topic since it is not an eBay issue but there is no appropriate forum for this kind of topic.

But definitely not here in this forum.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

This IS the appropriate board for this. This is the community platform feedback board after all. It’s the community platform that is having issues. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

No, this board is for issues with the Lithium run Community forums (look, feel, bugs, features.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
No, this board is for issues with the Lithium run Community forums (look, feel, bugs, features.

That's correct, I've moved this thread to a more appropriate board: Technical Issues.

Thanks.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply