cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my Search Bar?

So yesterday, I noticed that the geniuses in the eBay tech department rolled out a "new and improved" version of my items for sale, and everyone else's I would assume.  It seemed to work ok, which was a little surprising considering their track record.

As of today, the search bar has vanished on my own listings, although it was there yesterday.  I still see it on some other seller's listings, but it's gone to eBay technical heaven on mine.  This is at the least  annoying, and at the most, a major hindrance to finding something in my own inventory.  Oh did I mention it's a serious problem for both me and anyone trying to find something in particular to buy in my inventory?

Thanks again eBay, for your hopeless technical incompetence and for making life more difficuct for sellers and buyers alike.

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Where's my Search Bar?

Thank you for sharing this information from the CS.

Looks like I will have to subscribe to a store now, even though I don't have many items listed.

If a customer of mine is looking for all the sarongs I have listed, for example, it would be inconvenient and cumbersome to scroll through all my listings back and forth to find the sarongs they like. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 28 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Where's my Search Bar?

Hopefully It's a Glitch & will be fixed soon, I am not having that issue but I'm sure your not alone.

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

I see what you're saying. The main eBay search bar is there, but your store search bar is not. I'm looking at a few other stores right now and I see their store-specific search bars.

So one of two things is going on:

- Either your store is part of a test - eBay dev teams run them all the time and they usually last 60 days.

- Or your store is part of a technical error.

I suggest contacting CS to report the issue.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

I'm starting to think eBay is just one big technical error.  I could report the issue to CS as you have suggested, or I could just as easily find several other ways to completely waste my time.  Maybe I could run a 60-day test on CS and see how they like it.

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

Hey devon@ebay - would you mind checking with the Stores team to see if they're running a test on select accounts that removes the store search bar? That way we'll know if the OP has to wait this out for 2 months or if this is a technical error. If it's a tech error, can you check to see if there's an open ticket on it? Thanks!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

Mine (store) still has it

I don't see you having a store? 

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay - would you mind checking with the Stores team to see if they're running a test on select accounts that removes the store search bar? That way we'll know if the OP has to wait this out for 2 months or if this is a technical error. If it's a tech error, can you check to see if there's an open ticket on it? Thanks!

Hey @wastingtime101! I can check with them and let you know once I hear back! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

@wastingtime101 

OP doesn't have a store. 

I have no idea where people were suppose to search if there is no store?

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

I don't have a store, but I always had a Search Bar before.  Seriously, are these crooks going to charge for a freaking Search Bar now?

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

OP doesn't have a store. 

I have no idea where people were suppose to search if there is no store?

Oh, my mistake! Strike that call out to the stores team devon@ebay. This would be a question for I'm not sure what team - search? Accounts?

I was thrown off because the new view for non-store sellers is looking similar to the stores page. I'm going to search around for some other non-store accounts to see if they have the account-specific search bar or not.

Edit: OK I checked the account of @mtgraves7984 and she doesn't have the account-specific search bar either.

So this must be a change to non-store accounts.

eBay's gone through a few different phases over the years. One had a separate search bar for each account. One used the main search bar but had an automatic filter applied for that account's listings. I'm seeing neither right now.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

Is this issue on the website or app or both?

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

I'm chatting with "Gladys" right now, and to my utter astonishment, this encounter with CS is going NOWHERE.

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

No store.

Seller hub.

Manage active listings.

I still have a "search". (knock on wood)

Message 13 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

No store.

Seller hub.

Manage active listings.

I still have a "search". (knock on wood)

Look at your listings in search as if you were the buyer @buyselljack2016. Click view listings. Do you see a search bar for your listings on that page or do you see only the main eBay search bar at the top which will search the entire site - and no seller name filter applied?

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

Where's my Search Bar?

Here's what "Gladys" says: "For you to be able to have a Search Bar on your Active listings, you must opt into seller hub"

Spare me, this is complete **bleep**.  Gladys has no idea what she's doing.

Message 15 of 61
latest reply