cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I save a search, eBay puts a '+' between each item. When I click 'View Items" - no results

Extremely frustrating.  Does the same thing on Firefox, Chrome, and Chrome on my Android phone.

I type in my search items, and do the search.  Then, I save the search.  However, when I go to My Searches I see that eBay has put plus signs (+) between each word.  When I click View Items, no results appear.

Searches I made in the past are unchanged, and work just fine.  I haven't tried to save a search in a few months.

I've tried all kinds of things, but nothing works.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: When I save a search, eBay puts a '+' between each item. When I click 'View Items" - no re

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Everyone - thanks for letting us know you're also impacted by this issue. I've gotten your accounts added to the open reports of this issue and we hope to see it corrected soon. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

Re: When I save a search, eBay puts a '+' between each item. When I click 'View Items" - no re

This issues has been driving me nuts this week as well. While I am not  a seller, I am a routine buyer, so I am sure there are sellers really missing out because of this problem if buyers can't find their items.

I hope it is resolved soon.

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

I was going to post this as a new thread but it appears to be the same issue so I will add my experience here.

I noticed I have not been getting emails for saved searches so I did an experiment. I searched for the string "build bear" and got 41,773 results. So far so good. Then I saved this search. Then I went into the Saved Search screen and clicked the "View Items" link for this search. It runs a search for "build+bear" (note the added "+" symbol) with only 221 results. It asks me if I meant "build bear". Which is exactly what the saved search is supposed to be searching! But apparently it's not.

There is clearly a problem. If I save a search and re-run it with "View Items", I should not be getting a "suggestion" to search for the string that I originally searched for! See screenshot below.

The problem seems to be that when you save a search, it is converting the spaces in your search string to "+" symbols, and this is screwing up the search when you try to re-run it. This has broken both the ability to re-run the search with Saved Searches>View Items links, AND broken the emails for saved searches.

ebayproblem.jpg

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

It's also adding a + symbol between keywords you want to remove -- using your example, if you didn't want specific colors: build+bear+-brown+-pink.

This thread was first started 2 weeks ago, and seeing that someone upthread phoned eBay support yesterday to asked when it would be fixed, and they didn't already know about it? Seems pretty obvious no one's looking at postings here. 

This has been broken for way too long, and it's incredibly frustrating for users.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

Same problem experienced here.  Probably another stupid eBay upgrade like when they took away the ability to name your searches. Very frustrating.

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

SAME PROBLEM!

Called eBay..... Total waste of an hour! Also, I am no longer receiving any emails from my saved searches!!!

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

i called them late one evening about 7-10 days ago when it started.

my old searches are fine, but the new ones have this + sign between words exactly as described above.

the ebay person on the phone walked thru saving a search with me as i explained the problem and he said that "he is seeing it on his end" and will report it to the tech dept.  the problem still exists as of this post.

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

Hey Tyler - what's the ETA in getting this fixed? 

You are aware that this is causing ebay revenue losses and losses to sellers?

Has this been escalated correctly?

I see on linkedin that I'm a 2nd connection to Dan Morales (current ebay CIO).

I wonder if he knows this problem exists.

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

2 weeks of this **bleep** an still no fix! This is significantly impacting my outlook on ebay(negetively).

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

Same issue here. Add me to the list. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

the problem still exists on all my windows and android devices as of 04-06-18 at 11pm, eastern daylight time, usa.

i can't believe that they have not fixed this horrendous problem yet ????

steve

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

Wow, came across this thread through searching Google on how to fix my "+" sign problem, thinking it was something I had messed up on my end.

Guess Ebay are not into making money on sales,  shame that this impacts sellers though and its  presently causing me aggravation having to manually search.

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

STILL doing this to me a month later. Remember when we could save searches and it worked? Good times.

Message 28 of 41
latest reply

Ok I'm now beyond getting fed up with this. I contacted cust. support about 5-6 weeks ago about this problem. The nice man then had to ring me back twice over the following week, to confirm that nothing had been sorted on this issue but they were able to reproduce the problem for some office staff. I notice that no-one has posted to this thread for some time. Could it be that they realise that they are wasting their time? The problem means that I can only use single word searches. Fine, although I am spending a reasonable amount on Ebay, it is no longer my first port of call. Err....I just wasted my time , haven't I.....?
Message 29 of 41
latest reply