cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with this Please Verify Yourself?

"To keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, we will occasionally ask you to verify yourself."

So why do I get this every single time I sign in? And why do I only get it every day at work and never at home? This is a work based account that we've had for 20 years; I only tap into it at home to get an idea of what to expect for the work day...

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: What's with this Please Verify Yourself?

I've had this for weeks now.

It says "occasionally" but it does it to me every freaking time I log in.

And WHY once I'm "verified" (yet again) do I then have to turn around and reenter my ID and password?
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Exactly! And then you have to Resend the page to get through...

Every morning I check it from home to get an idea of what I'll need to pack and ship out. When I get to work I need to sign in fast because our daily postal pickup often comes early. I don't need stupid delays like this, every single day!

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I started getting the same things a week or so ago.
Every day, I have to go through the verify thing.
Very annoying!
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Oh and I'm the opposite. It does it at home but not at work 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

My eBay account was hacked on October 31. I will never be irritated by having to verify myself again.

Perhaps it's asking you to verify yourself because you're logging in from different IP addresses? 

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

My eBay account was hacked on October 31. I will never be irritated by having to verify myself again.

Perhaps it's asking you to verify yourself because you're logging in from different IP addresses? 

It actually does not verify anyone's account.

CAPTCHA   ( "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart") is only designed to prevent bots, not to verify accounts.

A hacker or any human can play the CAPTCHA game and log in just the same.

2-Step Verification does verify a person's account.

That is, after entering sign in information, a text is sent to your phone or a message to your email, with a code to enter to verify your account. That works and is vital; CAPTCHA does absolutely nothing to verify the rightful account holder. is for bots only.

Ebay's use of CAPTCHA is redundant and useless to verify an account holder. They are probably using it for their own benefit, not for members benefit.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Well done, wesk_36; you summed it up perfectly. We're not verifying our account, we're proving that we're not a bot. Nothing more.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

over and over and over.
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Same here... every time, every day, and twice.  Can't it confirm computer once and stop???

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Hi guys!

I’m having the same problem, except mine gets stuck in the loop and I have to call eBay to “ get me out”.  I have to change my password or it will not let me log in.  They say their working on it, but this has been happening to me starting 3 weeks ago. It’s still going on. I guess patience is a virtue!

Another thing, my eBay app on my iPad is for the iPhone. It won’t let me access my items to accept an offer, or revise my items. Really messed up! When I delete the app and go to site via google, add it to my home screen, that works for a while. But then after awhile, it wants to verify I’m not a robot, sign in again ( another loop) and we have to start all over again.....

Anyone experiencing this. Thanks guys!

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I've been having the exact same issue of the continuous loop for the past two days, but only when I try to access my account on my iPhone. Hasn't been a problem on the desktop. Glad I checked the community for technical issues, 'cause at first I wondered if I was missing a step when trying to sign in via iPhone. Very annoying and inconvenient to have no mobile access!
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Very annoying for me too. Typical eBay stuff, constantly tweeking, twerking and generally doing things that are nothing but annoying to most of us. They are getting to be like most engineers I have  encountered in my nearly 70 years. It might look good on paper, but in our real world it is not the best idea. I have sold on here for about 20 years under various seller names, used to be fun, not so much anymore. ENJOY!

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I agree with ‘thingsinherited’ above.

I have also been an e-bay member for 20 years, buying and selling.

I have not been able to log in to my account for a week now through the signin facility that worked just fine previously. And if e-bay do not resolve the “Please verify yourself” loop problem (which their “developers” have created) I will simply cease using e-bay. And if that happens I am unlikely to return.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Have to log in every time I enter Ebay even though I check "remain logged in" and I have to be verfied every time I log in!  Never had this problem until about 2 months ago.  Nothing changed on my end.  Same computer, same id, same password etc..  As a seller, this is extremely annoying as I have to log in many times a day.  SOOOO RIDICULOUS!!!  THANKS EBAY!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply