cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Folks Just Another Glitch To Deal With

I was doing some relistings this morning for clothing that I sell.  I noticed that a whole new field has been added asking for all kinds of crazy information Like department etc. In this new field it is asking for the size again so that we have to list the size twice.

I then tried to bulk edit my handling time due to a upcoming business trip.  I could not edit because all of my listings are showing the error "item Size Missing".  All of my 400 listings have sizes listed as well as measurements.

I called Ebay customer service and low and behold I got a USA Representative! I explained the situation and he began his investigation.  After 10 minutes the rep told me that ebay instituted these new fields overnight and there seems to be a glitch which will show that your listings have errors which mean no sales.  I was told that they (IT) are aware of this issue and that they will try expedite action on my account to get this rectified. 

I have to wonder when someone at ebay will fully test something to make sure it works before it is implemented. It would also be nice to tell sellers that there will be a change.  I was told this will take 24-48 hours to fix.  I am not hopeful as I have heard this before.  

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

well that is ebay for you ! They just will not leave well enough alone ! I think they are determined to destroy the sellers which makes ebay what it is. Way to many changes ! The original ebay worked fine and still cannot figure out why they think these changes are any good!

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Same problem here, I haven't had many sales since this started.  I can't relist anything due to the size field and it wont work even when you put the size in twice.  They have a new glitch everyday and they want us to trust them with Managed Payments!? I've had it with the time consuming glitches and issues.  Ebay is my worst obstacle on trying to sell online. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

EBAY changed stamps overnight also.

2 questions,

1) Do I need to try to revise 1500+ listings
2) Is this going to mess up search again?

I'm not calling ebay again. They have no clue what they are doing or how much damage they are causing.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I agree, as I list item this morning the fields are different for every listing in the same catagory.  This is an absolute mess for those listing in clothing.  I am not sure about the other categories.  Since yesterday evening when this fiasco started, my sales have come to a grinding halt.  The Rep that I spoke to me assured me that this "glitch" should not affect sales.  How many time do we have to hear this before someone there at ebay stops making these awful Changes?

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I noticed the same thing this morning. eBay did state that changes were coming this month for sellers to have better description details. I received e-mails probably as early as Memorial Day weekend about the change and that I should check my listings. 

I give pretty good details, so the shopper can a make a decision to purchase or make offer rather than send an e-mail asking for details that I ignored and have to wait. I figured if I was missing something that eBay requires, I would be told when listing new or relisting. ??

I do see what looks like duplicate fields. I went ahead and filled them this morning. Hopefully eBay will clean up down the road. 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I am a stamp seller on ebay. I wanted to bulk list unsold ended items today. Ebay now has new boxes to fill in for various things like condition and mint, FDC and country of origin, etcetra. Ebay would not accept my listings in bulk or individually unless or until I went in and filled in these new boxes. Never mind that I already have this type of information in my lot descriptions and this has worked well for tens of thousands of lots for over 20 years on ebay.

The 'horror' of this new development is that I am now faced with going into thousands of my listings to fill in these multiple boxes on each listing. Thank you, ebay. It is very likely that I will not have the time or energy to do this. I humbly request that ebay makes these boxes optional...immediately... for everyone's sake.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I just revised a listing and was told I needed to enter the size (again). 

There is an issue with the new format! duplicate information requested. 

eBay! Please listen to our comments to improve for you and sellers / buyers.

I'm willing to talk to management if they really want a sellers / buyers input. They know how to contact me.   

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

How is it possible for a company to be this incompetent???

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

"The Rep that I spoke to me assured me that this "glitch" should not affect sales.  How many time do we have to hear this before someone there at ebay stops making these awful Changes?"

Ebay CS are nice and try to be helpful, but they don't make the rules and only know so much. As for affecting sales, this one seems like it should. The size  item specific is missing in all searches. Even though I always include the size in the title, how many people will have the knowledge to put that in their search string? I'm thinking enough won't and they will soon tire looking through all the listings, and move on to look on another site. 

This is total guess work but I'm thinking most of the problems never make it to the CEO's ears. This one, if it makes a dent in sales will, because his stock options depend on the numbers and when he sees sales significantly below normal, he will start asking department heads, and one of them will rat out the group responsible and tell him what happened.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

It will affect sales because, as a buyer, I’m not able to filter by “size” in the clothing categories (was planning on buying things this morning, but it’s too difficult to search)

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I'm wondering the same thing!!! Do we have to edit thousands of items and all their specifics now?!? Who has time for this??? None of this makes any sense!! The new specifics have no use to the average clothing seller!!!! Helloooo eBay?!? And not one sale today!! Not one!! Freakin ridiculous. Seriously?!? A glitch here and there is expected. It's eBay. But this is nuts.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Here it is 7:30 pm and all this is still a mess. Everytime they change things like this my sales take a HUGE dip and it is so aggravating. So I guess we are going to have to edit thousands of listings yet when you try to even do one right now it errors out. Even my promoted listings are acting up and it is clearly hurting sales

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Glad I am not the only one.  I have 230-some items of clothing and I can't imagine having to go in and put the sizes in again but on the most recent ones that ended they relisted without a size.  No wonder my sales are down !!! 

This is the worst thing yet -- I am just ending my listings when they are close to ending before they relist. I have had it -- Sales getting worse all the time due to Ebay not knowing what the heck they are doing. It's nuts.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

I agree, as I list item this morning the fields are different for every listing in the same catagory.  This is an absolute mess for those listing in clothing.  I am not sure about the other categories.  Since yesterday evening when this fiasco started, my sales have come to a grinding halt.  The Rep that I spoke to me assured me that this "glitch" should not affect sales.  How many time do we have to hear this before someone there at ebay stops making these awful Changes?

The fun part for me is filling in the required item specifics just to have it go blank again 5 seconds later.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply