cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since Jan 23. What happened that caused drop? TRS

We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since Jan 23. Sales are currently down -45%. Traffic impressions falling since Jan 23, 2021. We see very poor search results and eBay search suggestions do not match key words. Search for Porcelain, eBay shows glass items. We had steady sales for 90 days until this happened. Now, nothing. What happened on Jan 23rd that caused such a huge drop in activity?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since Jan 23. What happened that caused drop?

@blackbirdbazaar wrote:

It used to be that if you listed more on Ebay you sold more.  That's what all the big sellers offer as their "Secret to Success". Well in the past 3 months I've listed an additional 200 items and my sales have been stagnant for a good month. I'm making sales but almost the same amount I made when I had 200 LESS listings.. Lower prices doesn't work. Better pictures doesn't work. Promotions don't work.. I just don't get it 

@blackbirdbazaar  A number of Sellers have stated that every time eBay makes a change, like a new page format or something, sales drop.  I am beginning to believe this is ANOTHER reason sales drop.   Mine dropped off drastically in early Feb and then continued through all of Mar ... April has not been much better, about break even with April the last two years, meaning NO growth.

I gauge successful Selling with slow steady growth but this year that has not been the case.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Re: We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since Jan 23. What happened that caused drop?

Why do they change something every month?! They read all this stuff, they know sellers hate the constant change. Is it that they care about the buyers and NOT about the sellers that make up their business? 

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see a massive decline in sales this holiday season than last year 2020....massive drop

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Post holiday sales are always slow but since they were dismal before then I guess it shouldn’t be surprising that they are even worse now. I must admit I’ve rarely seen zero traffic on listings I know are usually attractive. Depending on what you’re selling, it might no longer be worth your time trying to make any money here.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Do you think this has to do with the sales taxable threshold changing from $20,000 to $600 due to American Rescue Plan?  People are reducing their sales so they don't have to pay taxes.    Maybe this is why less sales.  

Message 35 of 35
latest reply