cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since Jan 23. What happened that caused drop? TRS

We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since Jan 23. Sales are currently down -45%. Traffic impressions falling since Jan 23, 2021. We see very poor search results and eBay search suggestions do not match key words. Search for Porcelain, eBay shows glass items. We had steady sales for 90 days until this happened. Now, nothing. What happened on Jan 23rd that caused such a huge drop in activity?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

We see a huge drop in sales and traffic occurring since Jan 23. What happened that caused drop? TRS

@oldedale wrote:

All 300 of our listing are in PL at recommended percentages. This PL  campaign was created in Feb 2020 and new listings added through the year. We keep 300 listings active at all times - If we sell 50 listings per month, we list 50 new items. Most of our listings are qty of 1 and have no UPC numbers. We sell antiques collectibles Art Jewelry and minerals.

I don't use eBay's recommended %s ... I pick one for ALL the items I am promoting ... its usually between 200 - 300 items when the Campaign starts.  I have used 5% - 7% and 10% on campaigns. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Same problem, my sales starting drop since Jan 1.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

This happens every year. I wouldn't start polluting yourself with negativity over it. 

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

I have a premium store and I get no ad credits.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

This can happen due to festivals of different times. Do not be afraid.

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Every year here after Christmas and Valentines Day it just drops. For certain things it really drops like jewelry and other gift type items. Every year you go for the Christmas and holiday sales and then coast. You lower your buys of inventory and you collect the smaller sales to get buy until the next push. 

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

@chadonn71   Do you mean the $ 30 per quarter AD credit?

Regards,
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

( I'm a buyer and for some reason my watchlist is not functioning correctly, which means there are saved items I can no longer "go to"  because they won't show up in any of my lists )

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

@stevkonkolewsk-0 

I'm a buyer and for some reason my watchlist is not functioning correctly, which means there are saved items I can no longer "go to" because they won't show up in any of my lists

Are those items still listed on eBay?

Items that are removed by eBay for policy violations are one way that current listings can disappear without winding up in the "ended" section of your Watch List.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

(  I wouldn't be surprised with the age of my watchlist being 4+ yrs, that a fair number of items have "run out".  But unfortunately b/c I haven't done any activity for the past 6 months due to medical reasons, - believe or not - I had to RESET my password b/c of my lack-of-focus !  ; shame on ME )

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Yes. Sales for me have plummeted for the last week.. The only sales I have gotten this week is by me sending offers to people. None from people just "finding" my items. Something is off..

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@oldedale 

January was great

February not so good

-Down 66.8% from last year

-Down 56.7% from Feb 2019

-With one week left it will not recover to get anywhere close to the last two February's

Regards,
Message 27 of 35
latest reply

My wife who does her own auctions and I also have noticed a drop in sales.  Just wondering if it has to do with the Pandemic leaving less funds in a consumer's pocket and after Christmas people struggling financially

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

@oldedale   Let me add to my last post ... when sales slow down I take periodic screen shots of the first page of the Active list and then copy the Views/Watcher columns to a common screen shot ... anyway, below is a pictorial representation of activity Friday through Sunday afternoon.  Views increased by no more then 2 and not change on Watch counts.  An average weekend (Friday through Sunday) yields anywhere fro 15-25 sales ... I have 4 this weekend ... so far, maybe more later today ...

I know many people talk about eBay flipping a switch and your items disappear in Search, urban legend?  When I see this happen I'm not so sure LOL!  Pics were sanitized ...

Screenshot (2470)-1.jpg

Regards,
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

It used to be that if you listed more on Ebay you sold more.  That's what all the big sellers offer as their "Secret to Success". Well in the past 3 months I've listed an additional 200 items and my sales have been stagnant for a good month. I'm making sales but almost the same amount I made when I had 200 LESS listings.. Lower prices doesn't work. Better pictures doesn't work. Promotions don't work.. I just don't get it 

Message 30 of 35
latest reply