cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchlist "Note to self" not saving(?)

Watchlist "Note to self" looks like it works and it even looks like it saves but when the page is refreshed e.g., to see if the bid has increased, all of the Notes disappear.  Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Watchlist "Note to self" not saving(?)

It happens to me, too--exactly as you have described. Very annoying and eBay should either remove or fix the feature. I have looked online for fixes but nobody seems to have one.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Click on Watch List under Shortcuts in the Seller Hub and the notes display.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

sorry but this solution does not work on my entries
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

nope doesnt work

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

this has not worked right for over a year.  and ebay doesnt give a f

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Calcaraz is 100% right on both counts.

I tried this on Chrome and Safari, and it refused to save the Notes to Self on either browser.  It did seem as though it might save the Notes the first time, but you can't revise them....?

Not sure, but if anyone at eBay cares enough to fix this (spoiler: NO), but it's incredibly easy to make the bug happen.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@madigansmusic 

Try viewing those notes on the old "All Lists" page -- that seems to display them much more consistently than the Watch List or Summary page:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&SortOrder=ASCEND&GotoPage=1&MyeBayListIndex.Filter=A...

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Interesting idea, I didn't know we could see the old list.  But it didn't show any of my Notes, unfortunately.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

This has happened to me also.   I find that if I just leave it alone, the notes will reappear after about a day.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

What a Joke and so annoying when you check the MOT history of a vehcile and make notes about what yoy have seen   What I do now is make the notes then screen shot the item so I can keep the imfo on my desktop.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

My biggest (related) problem is that my notes get jumbled between listings. The note I had for an item will randomly get attached to a different item on a different page, especially if I go back and do edits to the notes. Its so bad, that now I add an abbreviation of the item at the start of every note so that I can move it back when it goes AWOL. Yo, eBay... Amazon doesn't have this glitch!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Based on the replies this problem seems to be ongoing.  It popped up for me today for the first time.  Enter a note, refresh, note gone.  Very frustrating.

Any help with this would be great eBay.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

It's time consuming and infuriating - especially when notes end up posted to the wrong entry. I thought it seemed to be getting a little better, until tonight. I entered 3 notes and saved them, but after refreshing the Watchlist, they disappeared. 

I decided to try signing out and logging in again, and my notes magically appeared.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

It's happening today, Oct. 24,2020.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply