cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Bulk Edit Store Categories. I can only see the first 5-6 Store Categories.

I can only see the first 5-6 Store Categories.

I see no way to scroll to see or pick the rest of my store categories.

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Unable to Bulk Edit Store Categories. I can only see the first 5-6 Store Categories.

Hey @eastlaneave, I was able to replicate the problem. I suggest reporting to customer service - preferably through social media since you can upload screenshots and they're US-based.

Send a DM to askebay on twitter or ebayforbusiness on facebook,

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hey @eastlaneave. It took a while for me to get the CS rep to understand the issue I was trying to report. The explanation below is what finally worked - hope this is helpful for you or anybody else reporting - you can probably copy/paste this text to CS but replace below the [x] with the number of categories your store has. 

This issue is related to the bulk editor which is used for editing active listings in bulk. This has nothing to do with managing store or managing store categories.

The problem is when trying to change the store category assigned to active listings, the bulk editor only shows a few categories with no way to see the rest - no scroll, see more link or anything.

The steps to replicate the issue:

1. Active listings page in seller hub. Select multiple listings. At the top go to edit - edit selected.

2. Takes you to the bulk editor. Select all listings. Go to bulk edit - categories - store categories.

3. Pop-up appears and shows current store category and an arrow to click to see more. Click that arrow and it shows a truncated list of store categories with no option to scroll or navigate to see the full list of categories. It's only showing 9 categories to choose from, but my store has [x] categories.

Revising listings one by one outside of the bulk edit tool works, but using the bulk edit tool I'm running into the above problem.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I've been messing around with this and found that if you zoom in your browser window you see fewer categories and if you zoom out your browser window you see more categories.

I can't zoom out the window enough to see all of my categories, but if you have fewer categories this might be a solution for you, at least temporarily until it's fixed. Better to zoom out and find the category then zoom back to 'normal' when you're done editing than to revise listings one by one.

Ctrl + to zoom in or Ctrl - to zoom out

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Another workaround is to use the "Column" for categories in bulk edit. It has a scroll bar for the categories.

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay, can you check for a ticket number on this one? Multiple reports this week.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Bulk-editing-of-catagories-is-not-working/...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Bulk-Editor-Store-category-Issue/m-p/33502157#M42459

Hey @wastingtime101! It looks like this ticket was just opened and I will go ahead and update the Tech Board to reflect it. If there are sellers running into this I recommend they reach out to customer support and have their account added to the ticket. They will just need to let them know that they are experiencing ALERT 14424.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This issue is resolved @eastlaneave - eBay added a scroll bar.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply