cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions showing up on PayPal but no history in my eBay

I have had serval transactions today come through on PayPal. When I went to my eBay to create shipping labels there was no record found. I cannot even contact the buyer because I have no contact information due to not showing up on eBay. All I have is a name of a person who sent the money to m I cannot even contact the buyer because I have no contact information due to not showing up on eBay. All I have is a name of a person via PayPal.  What’s going on is anyone else having this issue!  I made 2 calls to eBay and  both people I talk to said all I can do is wait. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Transactions showing up on PayPal but no history in my eBay

I had the thing happen (I was notified by PayPal that a sale had happened, but it's not showing in my 'sold items' on eBay).  The sale happened 7 hours ago.  I was able to purchase/print a label on PayPal thankfully so I could get the item shipped.  Try clicking on the transaction on PayPal and then click on Ship.  This should walk you though purchasing the label through PayPal. 

I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Yep, me too! I am just hoping I haven't missed any.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I'm on the opposite end of this.

I bought something and it didn't show in my Purchase history on Ebay.
I received multiple emails from Paypal about my payment going through/being sent.
I contacted Paypal who said the payment was successful/completed on their end.
I contacted Ebay who did something to get the item show in my cancelled items... 
Despite it being under cancelled items, my Paypal payment still said completed.
Ebay told me to pay a second time and just dispute it later...
Be careful with this issue. 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Yeap - same thing & since you cannot ship BOX A via Paypal direct - EBAY needs to fix this so that the orders show up as an order. Customers are thinking that they have not purchased as well since orders are not showing in their section as well  

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

After third phone call to eBay I got a straight answer it is a glitch communicating between PayPal and eBay. It has been resolved but could take up to  24 hours to catch everyone up.   I hope so let’s see. I got 100% positive feedback I really do not need any negative due to eBay‘s issue 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Same problem here. Paypal account shows confirmed payment, ebay has no record of the sell.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to make those calls and posting this!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Whats up?

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Why do not?

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I hope so. I received an empty email from the seller. Also the item I purchased showed up again in my shopping cart out of the blue. Also shows up in my cancelled area which I didnt cancel and PayPal paid for item. I'm in limbo. Wrote to seller... no response today. I will see what tomorrow brings.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I tried to buy an item. During the processing an error occurred. Tried again and it looked like the transaction went though. Then things got odd. Transaction showed in my purchases for a few seconds then vanished. On the Paypal side, the transaction showed completed and the money was taken from my bank. Called Ebay and Paypal, neither call was useful. Ebay said not there problem. Paypal said wait a week to see if the order is filled. Contacted the seller and they were gregarious enough to respond but had no information on the transaction. They probably thought I was a scammer. Pay pal wants my to instigate a  item not delivered type return but the system wants me to start the return on Ebay that has no record of a transaction. All I know is I'm out the money.

UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED  TO MY SATISFACTION I AM SUSPENDING ALL PURCHASES.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Same issue here, only after I shipped the item using info from PayPal the payment for the item was reversed. After 3 calls to ebay and 3 calls to PayPal still no resolution. I cannot contact the customer because there is no record of the sale in ebay except for the actual item page that says the item was sold even though it is still active. There is no contact info/email in PayPal for the customer only an address. My only option may be to have the item rerouted which will cost me almost $40 between that and the original shipping cost and will disappoint the customer I would imagine. Ebay customer service has not been very helpful at all and does not seem to care about me as a customer or my customer which is also their customer......They would just barely acknowledge that it is their glitch and they should bare some responsibility for the problem.....Very frustrating!!!!!!

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I ended up ending the live item, deleting it, and then using PP print a shipping label.  
I then wrote to the customer explaining as best I could why the order may not show up on EBay.  I shipped the package yesterday, and so far the funds remain in tact on PP.  

I deleted the listing because it had gone from sold out back to having one item available, and I was afraid of just closing it in case it went live again.  
I’m still not sure that the funds won’t be reversed at some point, maybe post delivery, but this was the only way I could see possibly being able to fulfill the order and keeping the payment.  This has cost all of us so many hours and anxiety...I’d think Ebay would just write off the final value fees from this....whatever it is.  

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I had this issue as well about a day ago.  No order in ebay but money in PP so I just printed the label from Paypal and sent item. hours later the paypal transaction was reversed by ebay and a refund was given. Buyer had contacted me saying it showed an error when trying to buy prior so I was able to send them a message and get things lined out. Just had buyer buy it again and add tracking from pkg to new order. 

Today I had a buyer that purchased on sept 30th but no order on my screen. buyer saying the order showed cancelled on his end but the money was still gone. Sure enough payment in my paypal acct. I wasnt about to make same mistake and ship from PP. I just refunded thru PP on that original transaction and had buyer purchase again.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply