cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Embarassing, Listing tool not working

I can't seem to list my item.  I keep getting a "This is embarrasing, Listing tool not working" message.  And it's been going on for hours.  I've tried alternate browsers too.  Is this a problem on ebay's side or on mine?  

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: This is Embarassing, Listing tool not working

Ehh, magic is gone, image error returned. Ebay is on saving mode? All tech personal fired?

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

Thanks for following up everyone, I've filed a tech report for further investigation and your information made this a lot easier and more effective!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 32 of 62
latest reply

What is the ETA on a fix?  What caused the issue?

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

Strange thing found, when I continue to list from "draft", it works perfectly. But in case of "Sell similar" all the problems persist, "images errors", "listing completing freezes" and so on.

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

I receive the same message. This has been going on  6 days now. When will the Ebay tech team answer our concerns and fix this ?

Message 35 of 62
latest reply

@snull6la0 I know that Tyler sent the information to the tech team that was supplied. I suggest contacting ebay too. I think that social media contact is best for tech issues. This board is not always monitored by ebay staff.

You can contact ebay on social media. Use the private message option to send eBay a message, include your user ID, the type of problem,  the list that the tech report team asks for in a private message. Do not post any private information on the public section of the social media boards. An eBay employee will verify your account information and assist you with your issue.

Social media contact is like e-mail, not chat. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

I don't have a twitter account, nor am I on facebook (and given its recent problems, it might be best to avoid facebook).  I think it would be better for eBay to set up a problem-reporting forum, or at least a page, that their technical staff moderates and monitors.  Other problems with the software exist since last fall's revision, though they're more minor than this one.  

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

I agree but since I am only a volunteer this is the best info I have to share. Your other option is to call and report.

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

In my case, it doesn't work from a draft.  

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

Thank you for your voluntary efforts.  Without you, the techs might still be unaware of the problem.

I personally prefer reporting in a forum to calling.  On a forum, any user with a similar problem can verify, add details, report other areas where the problem occurs, etc.  This will help the techs determine whether the problem is widespread, and if handled properly, let them update when the problem is found, and when it's corrected.  Also, it gives me time to edit what I report for clarity and concision.  On the phone, a tech might consider it an isolated problem, and first assume that the problem is within the user's computer, ISP, or anywhere other than the eBay system.  If anyone reading this has called the listing problem in, perhaps you can provide your experience.

Message 40 of 62
latest reply

Hi, I'd like to start selling new items again.

What's the point in providing ebay with all the details they're requesting?  Shouldn't they know their own site doesn't work?

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

The reason that the tech dept asks for the info is because it helps them narrow down what is causing the problem if they can see things in common between sellers.... ie same adblocker then they know they need to address that part of the program.

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

Do not have a Twitter or FaceBook account? Don't want one? Is OK. Look for this on any My eBay page...

tellus.PNG

The lower icon can be used to tell eBay your opinion...or report an issue. We have reliable info, that an eBay human, not a bot, actually reads these.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 43 of 62
latest reply

Have been unable to list for 4 days-- always getting this same mesage.  Obviously this is a widespread problem, so hopefully will be resolved quickly.  I have listed a lot on Ebay in the last several years and never had a problem before.  Please advise the status of the and timeframe of this issue being resolved. Thank you

Message 44 of 62
latest reply

I used this a few times several months ago, after the software change, but never received a reply, and the problems weren't corrected.  I've developed work-arounds.

Update:  I  was just able to list a DVD after I selected "Sell one like this" when that screen came up.  However, the "embarrassing" screen still shows up after I key-in (or cut and paste) a title or a UPC #, and a similarly listed item wasn't found in the archives.

Message 45 of 62
latest reply