cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech issue - Hover to zoom feature not working.

I see from the Tech Support forum, this is not a new issue.  I've cleared cache, rebooted, changed password 2X and am using the most recent version of Edge.  Can someone respond please on the status of this issue?  There is no point in contacting an assistant - he/she will tell me to do the above.   As a buyer, this feature is critical.  

Thanks for any help/insight!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Hover/zoom only works if the seller has included a large enough image -- it must be at least 800 pixels wide or high or there is no zoom.

Seems to be working for me in Edge at the moment.

eburtonlab_0-1686664630360.png

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Hover/zoom seems to be working for me, though I have seen other similar complaints recently, including at least one on ebay.co.uk. Possibly something has changed, causing issues for some users but not others. Possibly the changes have not reached me yet, or eBay may be testing something new in certain accounts only.

If you are experiencing this issue, it might be worth restarting your browser or device; sometimes a pending update install can cause issues with various features. Or it may be worth trying another browser entirely in case one works better than another. Browser add-ons may cause conflicts in some cases, so temporarily disabling add-ons might be worth a try.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

I've done all of the above.  It's still an issue.  I'll try accessing ebay in Mozilla and see how that goes.  This is happening with listings that I've had in my watchlist and hover to zoom worked just fine before.  If a tech support person can weigh in, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone who has responded!  I appreciate you taking the time to test the problem!

Anglophile62

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

If you want to use eBay and have all of its bells and whistles work correctly, one must have windows ten or higher. XP  windows 7 does not work anymore and has not for a while

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Hover to zoom is not working for me anymore either. I mostly buy vintage watches and I can't see any details about them anymore. I'm not going to buy anything I can't see. Ebay must have done something. I don't think all the sellers would have disabled this feature all at once on the same day. This needs to be corrected but I can't find anyway to contact an ebay representative about this. 

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Hi All and thanks for posting replies!

I just reported this via Ebay chat.  It is a known issue that is currently being worked.  I was asked to provide any comments that would help escalate it.  I said this is a critical function for buyers who need to view detail on any item and that some users may not purchase items unless they can see the detail provided in a hover to zoom view.  This situation, in turn, may affect sellers....by losing potential sales.

Hopefully, this will be escalated and resolved soon.  Should anyone else have this issue, reporting it to ebay help will assist in escalating...

Have an amazing day!

Anglophile62

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Hover to zoom is not working for me either.  It looks very much like this is in error so hopefully it's fixed soon.

I mainly use eBay for buying collectible miniatures, and not being able to zoom in is extremely inconvenient.  Have had to walk away from several purchases because I couldn't see the details and condition.

This is on Windows 10, both Firefox & Chrome, latest browser versions.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Thank you for reporting it to ebay. I tried to find a way to report it but I kept getting a page wanting me to select which problem I was having and "zoom" wasn't on the selection list.  Hopefully they get it working again soon. People aren't going to buy used items they can't see well. 

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Hover over Zoom abruptly quit working for me. It works on my other PC, but quit working on my laptop. I use Firefox and have Windows 10. It worked one day and then about an hour later, it didn't work anymore. I can only "click to enlarge."

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

I had to get on to Help chat and speak with a human assistant.  Ebay's listing of help topics is woefully slim.  You have to hunt for a bit to find any way to get information on tech issues let alone report them.  I have a feeling there is a reason for that....

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@anglophile62

@bkkeen 

@sw44magnumman 

@e-arkham 

@junkdrawerstodiefor 

By any chance are you using a touch-enabled device?  I am experiencing the issue and am using a touch-enabled device (Dell All In One/Windows 10).  There is an issue with zoom on touch devices, they are working on fixing it now.   

A member of the dev team from eBay responded in this thread (scroll to the last few posts):

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Zoom-feature-on-listing-images/m-p/33811051#M2227864  

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Apparently there is currently an issue with zoom on touchscreen devices, at least.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Zoom-feature-on-listing-images/m-p/33807893/highlight/true#M22...

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

I'm not using a touch screen device and I'm having the problem. 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

@sw44magnumman 

@sw44magnumman wrote:

I'm not using a touch screen device and I'm having the problem. 

Have you reported the issue to customer service?  It is possible the issue is affecting more sellers than just those using touch-enabled devices.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply