cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label.

Getting this error on all my orders this morning - something on my end only or is it widespread?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Same here, if it's a FedEx package it's because the FedEx servers are down; other sites are having the same problem with printing FedEx labels. It would be nice if ebay would notify us of these issues right away so we wouldn't waste so much time trying to find our own remedy. Hopefully they will be back up soon. 

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

Widespread.... 😫 I'm having a problem printing FedEx Labels. USPS is working fine.

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Not Fedex. UPS is doing the same thing. Now I'm a day late on my shipments. I'll try deleting cookies and restarting and see if that helps. Please fix this ebay.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

Add me to the list... I've been having this problem since December and can't print FedEx, UPS or USPS labels. I've contacted Ebay a few times about this and they haven't been able to find out what's wrong. Best solution I can offer is to use a third party shipping services like Pirate Ship for USPS labels.

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

I am getting the same "something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label" message!😠 This is rather frustrating! It's an eBay International Standard Delivery. I don't have time to sit and waste. It started yesterday, so I contacted the buyer to verify the address and that when he told me they had purchased from us before.  Same Shipping Option. Then today it is still happening. I have tried to edit the Dimensions, the Address, and have hit Purchase Shipping Label about 50 times. AND THE SAME MESSAGE COMES UP! 

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

After doing more reviewing of the shipping options, it appears that the eBay International Standard Delivery has changed. Like I said in my previous post, I have shipped to the same Address in the past, but have shipped to other Addresses in the same Country using eBay International Standard Delivery, for the Same Exact Item, in the Same Box Dimensions as before (36"x3"x3"). I never saw this before under the option - "Upto 27" in length and 84" in length and girth". It appears that shipping has changed on this Option, which completely SUCKS as in order to ship it now, I have only 1 option - USPS Priority Mail International, which will run $52.92 with my discount. This is insane! 

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

This has been happening to me a lot lately, too. I simply won't be selling larger items on ebay anymore.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

Yes, that is what burns me!  Today is my first day with this problem, and yes, it is only the package shippers, not the USPS labels, that I cannot print.  Paying $$ more at the UPS website (even with my own so-called "discount" there).

I am dismayed that it looks like this may become an ongoing problem!

(Of course I'm sure ebay will comp us sellers the higher rates we are having to pay due to a problem with their own label program... hahahahaha...)

Connie
Message 38 of 46
latest reply

Did that work?

Connie
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

So true!

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label. Now I am having this issue. What is up EBAY!

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

mine has been **bleep** for 3 months,, called and called keep getting run-a -around,,,i just use paypal label creator ,,its slower but works

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

got same error today on an international order, tried multiple times and different browers. The option that was '.' selected on the order was ebay international shipping by default.  Then took a look at the detailed shipping that the buyer paid for and it specified 'usps 1st class international'. So I changed ship from 'ebay international' to usps 1st class and....it worked fine. So...problem was that ebay decided to default the shipping to ebay int'l ship on the shipping page (it would have been cheaper than usps intl..), instead of it defaulting to the buyer's choice - usps 1st class international shipping.  Nothing like wasting 2 hours of my day fixing what I consider is an ebay flaw that they introduced. 

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

same here

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

yep still giving the error... thanks eBay for making things "better" /not

Message 45 of 46
latest reply