cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my items have an inability to be searched for through the ebay system

I've tested this out multiple times from my own account and my friends have tried as well, and there are quite a few of my items that cannot be searched using key search terms, even if you type in a few of the words exactly in my title, nothing pops up. I called ebay support, and they said there is a situation in ebay where some of the sellers items cannot be searched for. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue. For two days now, I have sold only two items, which is very atypical.  It's getting very frustrating because of course they won't reduce my fees for the days they don't allow my items to be searched for, meanwhile i'm not making money off of any of my inventory.  They did say they put my name on a list of people who are having the issue, but apparently still, not fixed.  Any insight on what I can do?? ( i was told by ebay support to go in and mass revise my listings, changing one small thing, then change it back, and go check again, and when I did that, I changed my shipping time to same day, then right back again to one day shipping time, and when i went back in, the mass revision changed all of those listings to 'no returns'.... so I had to go change that back again to accept returns, and still not resolution to my actual problem)

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Some of my items have an inability to be searched for through the ebay system

Thank you, yes, unfortunately it's been 6 days, still waiting for my stuff to come back. I'm happy I talked to Dominick who seemed to understand exactly what happened to me, but still not resolved.  Waiting until the morning, then I will call yet again.  I have no idea what is going on, it's not looking good. I know for a fact that with my store being off search for so long, I will have a very very hard time paying my ebay bill.  I'm not sure i will even be able to, which will  result in an actual REAL suspension. lol..vicious circle.  Honestly, I'm just over it at this point.  I guess if I get suspended for non payment, because my store was suspended, I just do. It's unfortunate that this happened to me, was in no way my fault, i might lose my 18 year old ebay store over it.. 

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Re: Some of my items have an inability to be searched for through the ebay system

@vorutherford

YES looks like your back Smiley Happy

Can you contact ebay again or Trinton or someone and ask for a credit for the store if it was there error & your store wasn't showing due to it.
I would try for some type of reimbursement , do it now while its fresh and you have all your notes & they can look at all your messages and calls.

Screen shot those messages from them saying you had been restricted and it was an error, keep a screen shot copy as sometimes messages disappear 

store 2200.JPG

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

I'm so happy, I can't stand it!   But I might have to ask for some type of credit or grace period to pay my ebay bill when I call them back, simply because I'm 7 days behind on all of my bills and haven't sold anything!  I know that's terrible, I should not be so affected, but I had a cacophany of yuck happen to me this month, and this was just one of the many things lol. I'll try to get some type of help, any type, but honestly i've never asked before for any type of help, but I can surmise there probably will not be. lol.  But i'll try.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply